Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    15,047
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    How to re create Human After All guitar sound?

    Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Heyo. So peoples..I want to know, does anyone here have any idea of any effect pedals or methods of making a regular electric guitar have that kind of grungey speweyness you hear on all the guitars in Human After All? Specifically like what you hear in PTOYL.

    Kaboom.

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

  2. Rep:
    waredowKNIGHTy6's Avatar
    Posts
    30
    Points
    233
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lithuania
    Default

    Re: How to re create Human After All guitar sound?

    As far as my knowledge goes, they used a wah pedal on the guitar. Like in this video
    Correct me if i'm wrong.

    Also, I think this might be appropriate, but i'm working on multitrack of Human After All. So far i have extracted both guitar sounds: "wah-wah" one and the normal one. If anyone needs, let me know.

  3. Like dj dekoi likes this post
  4. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    15,047
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    Re: How to re create Human After All guitar sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by waredowKNIGHTy6 View Post
    As far as my knowledge goes, they used a wah pedal on the guitar. Like in this video
    Correct me if i'm wrong.

    Also, I think this might be appropriate, but i'm working on multitrack of Human After All. So far i have extracted both guitar sounds: "wah-wah" one and the normal one. If anyone needs, let me know.
    Ahh, cool. Cool. I guess I'd need to experiment a bit.

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

  5. Rep:
    digitallove94's Avatar
    Posts
    2,071
    Points
    4,815
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Default

    Re: How to re create Human After All guitar sound?

    I NEED to know all of this shizz too, been trying to re-create most of the tracks off HAA, I got the exact sound down for Television Rules The Nation and nearly there with Robot Rock but I need to find out how to do the likes of Human After All etc




  6. Rep:
    Ridley's Avatar
    Posts
    1,622
    Points
    6,277
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Default

    Re: How to re create Human After All guitar sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by digitallove94 View Post
    I got the exact sound down for Television Rules The Nation and nearly there with Robot Rock
    Want to tell us how, please?
    Last edited by Ridley; 6th Jun 2012 at 00:49.

  7. Like something awesome likes this post
  8. Rep:
    STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N's Avatar
    Posts
    3,331
    Points
    10,661
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Default

    Re: How to re create Human After All guitar sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by digitallove94 View Post
    nearly there with Robot Rock
    ... Robot Rock was a sample...?

  9. Like something awesome, tom2991 likes this post
  10. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    15,047
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    Re: How to re create Human After All guitar sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N View Post
    ... Robot Rock was a sample...?
    The GAGAGAGAGAGG guitar was, but they overlayed a lot of their own guitar on top of it doing the ROCK ROBOT ROCK riff.

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

  11. Rep:
    STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N's Avatar
    Posts
    3,331
    Points
    10,661
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Default

    Re: How to re create Human After All guitar sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by something awesome View Post
    The GAGAGAGAGAGG guitar was, but they overlayed a lot of their own guitar on top of it doing the ROCK ROBOT ROCK riff.

    Oh, that's what you guys are talking about. They used tons of pedals and 2 guitars and a drum machine.

  12. Rep:
    digitallove94's Avatar
    Posts
    2,071
    Points
    4,815
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Default

    Re: How to re create Human After All guitar sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    Want to tell us how, please?
    Guitar in treble, volume half up on the pickup, the overrall volume on full.
    I use a Valvetronix (also known as Vox) amp so tailor it to whatever amp you got. Gain on around 5, treble on 6, bass on 4, don't use any tremolo as it really messes up the sound. I then play it through my Zoom G2.1u effects pedal. I messed about with that thing for about a month just trying different sounds, then through the distortion and multi-effect channel I found a setting which is simply labelled as D5 on it which with an almost staccato kinda stab creates what I would say sounds very very similar sound to Television Rules The Nation.
    Now that I read back on it, seems kinda pointless since unless you have to have the pedal and the same sorta amp (tried to re-create it through my Marshall and can't seem to do it) then it just won't work. Ahhhh well at least it gives you some idea...kinda.




  13. Like something awesome, Champiness likes this post
  14. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    15,047
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    Re: How to re create Human After All guitar sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by digitallove94 View Post
    Guitar in treble, volume half up on the pickup, the overrall volume on full.
    I use a Valvetronix (also known as Vox) amp so tailor it to whatever amp you got. Gain on around 5, treble on 6, bass on 4, don't use any tremolo as it really messes up the sound. I then play it through my Zoom G2.1u effects pedal. I messed about with that thing for about a month just trying different sounds, then through the distortion and multi-effect channel I found a setting which is simply labelled as D5 on it which with an almost staccato kinda stab creates what I would say sounds very very similar sound to Television Rules The Nation.
    Now that I read back on it, seems kinda pointless since unless you have to have the pedal and the same sorta amp (tried to re-create it through my Marshall and can't seem to do it) then it just won't work. Ahhhh well at least it gives you some idea...kinda.
    Okay, cool. Thanks..I'll have a look into buying that pedal then. Or sending the guitar's audio through garageband and using the effects in there.

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How does one create worthwhile remixes?
    By The Electronic Man in forum Resources & How-to's
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 6th Nov 2010, 20:16
  2. What music genre do you create?
    By tomatmann in forum Your Music
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 14th Oct 2008, 15:08