1. Rep:

Re: studio monitors.

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Misty View Post
    Which rokits did you get, my 5's aren't really big on low end, in fact thats their week point.
    I'm not entirely sure what models they are, I'll check for you next time I'm in the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N View Post
    To me, the idea of having as-close-as-possible-to-flat-range speakers can be a bit ridiculous. It's not about how good your monitors are, it's about how well you know them. You need to know what too much and too little sounds like on your monitors compared to other "trusted" systems (e.x: what too harsh sounds like on your speakers, even if it doesn't sound too harsh on your system)
    The ones I ended up getting were Focal Solo 6 BEs; a bit pricey but definitely worth it. I've had them a few weeks now and they're working really well for me. I mainly wanted a flat response so that I could work on my mixing technique. Even without room treatment (I'm still doing my research, I want to get it right) my mixes are sounding noticeably better now before I take them into the studio. So for my purpose at least I think flat response was the right way to go. But I definitely agree that you should get to know your speakers before you buy them especially if you're spending hundreds of dollars on them.

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

2. Rep:

Re: studio monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Misty View Post
    Which rokits did you get, my 5's aren't really big on low end, in fact thats their week point.
    Turns out they are the 5's that we have in the studio. Maybe it's your room's acoustics that are the problem?

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234