1. Rep:

studio monitors.

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    after using regular computer speakers for a long time, i'm currently scoping out a pair of studio monitors, and i can see that the average minimum is three hundred dollars (australian; roughly the equivalent to american currency).

i was wondering if anyone has an opinion on studio monitors around this price?

2. Rep:

Re: studio monitors.

I think KRK monitors are the best among the low-price cost.
    IMO. I would buy them (KRK RP8G2)

3. Rep:

yeah I'd say go KRK's too!

I have M-Audio AV40, they're very low price and although marketed as monitors are barely so.. but they do the job for me. plus as speakers in general theyre actually amazing. but I also want to upgrade eventually and will probably go KRK.

Manager of DAFT LIFE Facebook page/blog.

4. Rep:

Just a suggestion, but keep using your computer speakers as well. You'll get two different sounds from your studio monitors and your computer speakers so it's almost like getting a "second opinion" on your music. It's easier to distinguish how your music will sound in different acoustic spaces, allowing you to adjust accordingly. I heard it on a podcast, I thought it was brilliant advice
    Last edited by DJ_Sam_909; 13th Jun 2012 at 12:30. Reason: Thought*

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

5. Like tom2991, On The Fly likes this post
  6. Rep:

thanks guys! i've had a look through some krk products, andi'm looking into buying a couple of rokit rp5's.
    the reviews seem to favor the monitors quite heavily, and they're looking to be a solid investment as a first monitor. =]

edit: sorry sam, i didn't see your post until i had already posted this; and i most certainly agree with you.
    i generally throw my track onto my ipod and listen to it in the car and off commercial earphones and whatnot, just to see if i haven't adjusted the sound to purely suit my speakers (even though they're pretty commercial as well, i just like to hold onto that habit). =]
    also, i was wondering, what podcast do you listen to?
    i've been hunting around for a decent podcast in audio production and whatnot, but i haven't had much significant luck in that field.
    Last edited by tom2991; 13th Jun 2012 at 12:34.

7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sam_909 View Post
    Just a suggestion, but keep using your computer speakers as well. You'll get two different sounds from your studio monitors and your computer speakers so it's almost like getting a "second opinion" on your music. It's easier to distinguish how your music will sound in different acoustic spaces, allowing you to adjust accordingly. I heard it on a podcast, I though it was brilliant advice
    yes! take this advice. it helps so much. i always listen to my track straight away on my old speakers. it really shows how they will sound to everyone else since 90% of people who listen probably won't have top end speakers.

Manager of DAFT LIFE Facebook page/blog.

8. Like tom2991 likes this post
  9. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sam_909 View Post
    Just a suggestion, but keep using your computer speakers as well. You'll get two different sounds from your studio monitors and your computer speakers so it's almost like getting a "second opinion" on your music.
    yeah, it's good suggestion.
    for example Digitalism do so.

10. Like tom2991 likes this post
  11. Rep:

thanks for the input guys!
    sam, in case you didn't notice it, i edited my post before, to include a response to you. =]

12. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by tom2991 View Post
    edit: sorry sam, i didn't see your post until i had already posted this; and i most certainly agree with you.
    i generally throw my track onto my ipod and listen to it in the car and off commercial earphones and whatnot, just to see if i haven't adjusted the sound to purely suit my speakers (even though they're pretty commercial as well, i just like to hold onto that habit). =]
    also, i was wondering, what podcast do you listen to?
    i've been hunting around for a decent podcast in audio production and whatnot, but i haven't had much significant luck in that field.
    He's only done a few, but I heard it from a guy called Nick Bertke (aka Pogo) on his soundcloud page:
    http://soundcloud.com/pogomix/tracks?page=1

He also did a video tutorial on his youtube channel recently explaining how to get audio samples from DVDs which I found rather useful in case you were interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykgYj...1&feature=plcp

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

13. Rep:

Just agreeing with the others...the KRKs are really good for their price. As a side note, don't get the RP8s unless you have the space - they're massive!
    Pasta!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast