1. Default

My Thomas Inspired Helmet Build

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Three weeks ago I had a dream of a man wearing a suit whom had a silver helmet on, it had on the front a distinct set of red flashing lights running across it.

A week later I was struck whilst browsing the web by the consistencies of the dream man to the Thomas outfit, albeit a fairly generic looking 60's spaceman helmet I still felt an uncanny resemblance existed. Being 28 years old I have seen the duo many times before (never in person), though apart from being amazed the first time I saw it I have never had any thoughts of the helmet before. In fact to be honest I remembered Guy's but never Thomas's as it had faded from my memory over the years.

I have always liked DPs songs never hearing a bad one, however I would not say I am a fanatical fan and am new to the site.

Apart from Volpin castes there seems to be few from scratch builds that have achieved a more than amateurish finish, there are several great ones, but many seem to give up slapping on layers of paint when they only needed to spot fill a bit more. I hope to do this however I have my doubts, the matrix is out of my league (I only have very basic electronic skills soldering ever 1 led is a challenge), I have never made any helmet before let alone anything which utilises resin, fiberglass, fillers etc in its construction. For now a knight rider pre-fab kit is about as complex as I can do, but I hope to throw off the missing scrolling text with a couple of other goodies.

The helmet will be missing the scrolling matrix but will have-
    Knight rider scrolling leds
    Dual flashing Leds on either side of visor
    Audio sound level meter on visor
    Stereo audio output through ear pucks to blast DaftPunk
    External FM aerial

Last edited by digital*aria; 27th Jul 2012 at 02:13. Reason: mod edit upon request

2. Rep:

Re: My Thomas Inspired Helmet Build

If I had a printer with ink in it I would have gone the pep route unfortunately I did not, so had to free form it from images here and elsewhere.

Last edited by MiDafternoon; 27th Jul 2012 at 00:30.