Remove this ad: become a supporter
    You will need pepakura viewer.

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-e...ad/viewer.html

You will need,
    Scissors
    Elmer's Glue-All
    Red and blue pens
    ruler

Now there are two kinds of lines, and I use a different pen for each, tracing the line hard using the ruler. That way, my folds are crisp and color coded to be folded up, or down. It's tricky to understand at first, but like math, once you do it enough it becomes very simple and repetitive.

Also you can scale the helmets as well. I personally use 10% increments up, or down depending on what I need.

Reference Crank here:

http://www.thedaftclub.com/forum/sho...rs-Guide/page3
    Remember, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise... and many Bothans died to bring you this post! www.facebook.com/9336industries

2. Rep:

Re: Daft Punk Pepakura File Collection

okay have the pep designer and the pep i want to do just how would i adjust the pep to come cleanly out of the printer cus it is in multiple pieces for 1 part of the pep.

3. Rep:

You can move the pieces around in designer. You could put every piece on it's own piece of cardstock (you want 110lb weight). Also check the settings and make sure you have the right paper selected, and not A4 (unless you have a printer that can print A4!)
    Remember, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise... and many Bothans died to bring you this post! www.facebook.com/9336industries

4. Rep:

thanks this is gonna be fun!

5. Rep:

Did anybody else find cama900's GM helmet a little big? I mean, it is fantastically made. Everything fits together really well. But I didn't want to waste what little cardstock I had left to build the sample model. It just seems a little big. Anybody else have the same thought? I'm 6'1", and it's still kind of big on me.
    Brought to you by Glaxor's Human Rhinds
    "What a buncha-muncha-chruncha-human!"

6. Rep:

Yeah with cama900s pep the part above the back panel isnt fitting right. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way I can fix it?

7. Rep:

For Guy should I make the whole helmet then fiberglass resin the inside THEN cut the visor out and Bondo the helmet and the visor separately so I can vacuum form the visor? (Sorry if I didn't make sense) Thanks!
    Last edited by o.o?; 12th Nov 2013 at 19:55.

8. Rep:

here it is another model for thomas' helmet:
    http://artbetep.deviantart.com/art/D...raft-335308771
    the best i've seen so far.

9. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by o.o? View Post
    For Guy should I make the whole helmet then fiberglass resin the inside THEN cut the visor out and Bondo the helmet and the visor separately so I can vacuum form the visor? (Sorry if I didn't make sense) Thanks!
    i strongly recommend building 2 visors. Or if you gonna make a mold, only one helmet is due, as you gonna use it to make copies. If not, i advise you to build 2 visors, one that you gonna glue to the helmet and the other only for the vacuum form. This way you won't loose surface area when cut/glue the visor on the helmet, because it has to be a little bit larger than the helmet's visor space to give it a great finish. You have to be careful so as the spare visor is the same shape as the helmet's one (or close). Try applying resin on it on top of the helmet's visor, protecting with a plastic, to mantain the same shape. : )

10. Rep:

Hi! could any of you guys please send me the pep files as pdf? i can't open pep files and heard you can print them out as pdf so if any of you guys could help me out with that, i would really appreciate it

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast