1. Rep:

1st Thomas Build - WIP

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    This is my first Thomas build. Well, second round of my first build. First round was a bit large and I didn't really like the model I went with. This is using Dung0Beetle's file this time. Coming along a lot better than the first. What do ya'll think?

2. Rep:

Re: 1st Thomas Build - WIP

O I LIKE THAT! Very nice! What type of gule you using its not wrinkling your paper at all.

3. Rep:

Elmer's Glue all?
    Remember, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise... and many Bothans died to bring you this post! www.facebook.com/9336industries

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Roofus View Post
    O I LIKE THAT! Very nice! What type of gule you using its not wrinkling your paper at all.
    I'm using clear elmer's glue. Not sure what type of elmer's glue...whether it's school, glue all, etc. I'm just trying not to use too much. If it gets "too wet" I try to wipe away the excess or spread it to "strengthen" the seams, even though it's probably not doing all that much in terms of strength.

5. Rep:

I have a feeling attaching the visor/chin piece to the helmet in going to be a pain in the ass. Ha! I was trying to find a "plan" from someone who had built one before to see how they assembled theirs, but I haven't found one.

6. Rep:

here it is completed...ready for resin and rondo.

7. Rep:

any suggestions on how to get the ears a little "flatter"? As it tapers off, the smaller "puck" seems to stick out a bit farther than it should. I tried to "smoosh" it down but I didn't want to destroy the paper. Do you think this can be fixed in the bondo/sanding phase? Should I do all the bondo work and then maybe cut that off and then bondo it back together...but set the piece inside the ear some so it's more on point? Also, this Dung0beetle model didn't have the ear "placeholder" circles. I was hoping to just throw those in and rework the ears if needed, but that wasn't in this model. Would I need the Tron pep file?

As always....what do you all think for a first timer?

8. Rep:

You have the most inner part inverted, kinda. The part you have going straight out, perpendicular to the side of the helmet is supposed to go straight in. Then it runs parallel to the helmet, then concave disc made out of the two most inner parts.

9. Rep:

I took the outter most ringlet and inverted it. So the smallest ringlet is now set inside te ringlet after the "light break" in the ears pucks. I was hoping just to push it in but I tore it off and then glue it from the inside. I almost want to do the same to the ringlet after the light break but it looks like that's how it should be.

10. Rep:

oh.. i was doing this helmet and i was making the ears.. i stopped cuz i didnt need to and it was rly hard to do the ears without doing this