1. Rep:

Fake Daft Punk Headphones

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I am trying really hard to get the original Monster T1 Daft Punk Headphones. But it is impossible to get them original and new. However, i can get fake ones. But i am not sure whether i should do it. I know that the fake Beats by Dre were very good, better than you would expect. So i am wondering if some of you might know anything about the fake (or replica) daft punk headphones.

Are they close to the same? with the light and everything.

Thanks!

2. Rep:

Re: Fake Daft Punk Headphones

This probably should have been in the General Daft Punk sub-forum...

But anyway why do you need to resort to buying fakes? If you want originals I'm sure we can help you find them Where have you been searching?

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

3. Rep:

They were cancelled, at least as I heard, so originals don't actually exist to my knowledge.

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sam_909 View Post
    This probably should have been in the General Daft Punk sub-forum...

But anyway why do you need to resort to buying fakes? If you want originals I'm sure we can help you find them Where have you been searching?
    I have been looking on ebay, amazon etc. (which i dont trust at all. If i buy from a person, then i expect it to be original, not fake. I have been conned before, dont want that to happen again. Im ok with buying fakes from a company (return policy etc)). Monster even removed the T1's from their site. Which is bollocks if you ask me. They proudly presented the lot, and now they dont even sell them anymore. Bastards.

And one other reason why i wouldn't mind having replica's, is that they are cheaper (a lot) and have similar quality to the originals. Look at the Beats headphones. Many say that the fakes are just about equal to the originals. Only the manufacturing looks cheap, but the sound is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Boba View Post
    They were cancelled, at least as I heard, so originals don't actually exist to my knowledge.
    They were not cancelled. They have been published, but for a short period of time. Maybe the whole concept just flopped.

5. Rep:

Not everyone on amazon or ebay is going to con you. Try looking at their feedback. If it's mostly positive then chances are you can trust them.

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sam_909 View Post
    Not everyone on amazon or ebay is going to con you. Try looking at their feedback. If it's mostly positive then chances are you can trust them.
    Good point. Only problem is the price people ask for it. Just about everyone asks over the original retail price, which is just too expensive for a pair of headphones. Recession has also reached my wallet, unfortunately.

7. Rep:

No, they were never released. The entire Monster Tron product lineup was cancelled, with exception to a few things like earbuds and the iPod dock. Their production blog details that they had manufacturing issues with the T1s. The headphones went up for preorder, but none of them ever shipped. If you look around the web, there's not a single review by an end-user, and nothing but complaints all the way up til the last couple months about their preorders still not having shipped. Monster removed all the products from the site quietly not too long ago.

There are plenty of the T1 Daft Punks on eBay, but I will guarantee you one of two things: they are either counterfeits (as mentioned) or they were stolen from the production lines overseas somewhere, which DOES happen. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Consumer-Ele...nkw=monster+t1

8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Boba View Post
    No, they were never released. The entire Monster Tron product lineup was cancelled, with exception to a few things like earbuds and the iPod dock. Their production blog details that they had manufacturing issues with the T1s. The headphones went up for preorder, but none of them ever shipped. If you look around the web, there's not a single review by an end-user, and nothing but complaints all the way up til the last couple months about their preorders still not having shipped. Monster removed all the products from the site quietly not too long ago.

There are plenty of the T1 Daft Punks on eBay, but I will guarantee you one of two things: they are either counterfeits (as mentioned) or they were stolen from the production lines overseas somewhere, which DOES happen. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Consumer-Ele...nkw=monster+t1
    Thanks for the intel! seems that i'm wrongly informed.
    Speaking of the counterfeits, do you perhaps have any knowledge on its capabilities and qualyties?

9. Rep:

I know nothing about the numbers, but a few of the auctions have pretty good rundowns on the functionality. you could always ask a seller, or look for one with a good return policy and just go for it.

10. Rep:

Now I heard from somewhere...I can't exactly remember where, but I heard they had good build quality, but bad sound quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast