1. Default

Filter/French house! by Humble Persona

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWxqkcihHOY

Heres my most recent track. hope u guys like it! theres also more on my channel and upcoming as well.

keep rockin them filters, keep french house alive!!

2. Like Champiness likes this post
  3. Rep:

Re: Filter/French house! by Humble Persona

It sounds nice! French house is generally pretty repetitious, but I think the same thing with relatively no variation for almost 5 minutes doesn't quite work.

4. Rep:

thanks for listening and replying. appreciate it! its all a matter of opinion i guess, a song being repeatative isnt exactly a bad thing. it depends on how the artist manage to pull it off, im not really that much of a genious at it, but stuff like so much love to give, and the Le Knight Club tracks etc are EPIC.

I just feel like loops are a caption of feelings, going on and on for eternity. somehow im able to relate and connect to a loop!

but like i said i guess its a matter of taste!

cheers again for replying

5. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Persona View Post
    thanks for listening and replying. appreciate it! its all a matter of opinion i guess, a song being repeatative isnt exactly a bad thing. it depends on how the artist manage to pull it off, im not really that much of a genious at it, but stuff like so much love to give, and the Le Knight Club tracks etc are EPIC.

I just feel like loops are a caption of feelings, going on and on for eternity. somehow im able to relate and connect to a loop!

but like i said i guess its a matter of taste!

cheers again for replying

The sound is good however i do not feel that the sample works on its own like it is now.

A suggestion would be for the bass to have more of a melody.

If you are going to make a track that uses a heavy sample of just 2 or 4 beats, the sample needs to be amazing - its good what u have done, but i dont think that the sample u have used is suitable to be heavily repeated.

Just some constructive criticism - hope to hear some more work soon
    Last edited by britishmini; 16th Nov 2012 at 21:17.

6. Rep:

something to consider is that artists who use such short loops often time focus more on percussion, or in cases like Lifelike, incorporate some other melodic lines to keep it moving forward. Or in cases like Fred Falke, have a really rad melodic bassline. As it stands, this song has great potential, because it's a great sample, but sampling alone doesn't make a track unless you can take it a step forward. Really repetitive tracks like So Much Love To Give, or Music Sounds Better With You pull it off by having vocals and a longer loop.

7. Like britishmini likes this post
  8. Rep:

thanks for ur response and ur nice tips. ill try that in the future! its never too late to learn right?

9. Rep:

Hallo,

Nice track my friend. I'll give you my opinion and advice.
    First of all, I like what you have done, it has a nice vibe. But as others have said, there is very little variation.
    What I recommend you do is gradually build up different layers, and then kick in with the full monty. In terms of variation, you could add a low pass (To the sample + drums) and sustain it for a while, then bring in the drums (Without a filter) for a bar, then off for a bar, then on etc. - a few times, then remove the filter, revealing the main groove again. (After a good play through of the main loop) You could then introduce some breaks which only contain the drum, which will then develop into a new beat (Rhythm). Then bring in the sample again (Maybe add a notch filter), and then wrap up with a fade out, filter out or whatever you like. You need a way to emphasize the sample, because if you then take it away, it sounds twice as good when re-introduced after a break or sexy filter. It would be much easier to add variation if there was more content (Another/longer sample) or a bassline/melody. It's just a case of separating out the different elements, re-arranging them, mixing them up, and then adding some filters and effects etc. British mini is correct though, if you are going to loop a sample to this extent, it needs to be pretty top-notch (Groovy and punchy etc.)

That's just my advice. Take it.
    Or leave it. - Dave