1. Rep:

Favorite song on RAM? [MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!]

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Whats you new favorite song on random access memories? I have a bunch ^.^but what about you guys?

2. Rep:

Re: Official RAM Fan Reaction and Review Thread [CAUTION: SPOILERS]

Quote Originally Posted by bananaeconomics View Post
    I don't really care about Pink Floyd, but I disagree immensely. I guess my age is showing haha.
    age as nothing to do with it i'm 18 anyways its your opinion im just sorry you don't enjoy the album as much as daft punk would want you to.
    Daft punk is my opiate ....

3. Rep:

I think the people making Floyd comparisons are getting a tiny but carried away with themselves. Just sit down, take a deep breath, and think about what you just said.

4. Like Hierony, bananaeconomics likes this post
  5. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Misty View Post
    Ummm
    wanna share whats on your mind ... don't you agree.

6. Rep:

Re: RAM Disappointment Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Commerce View Post
    Also sorry for the long ass posts, and just so you know this thread will probably get shot down in flames.
    I'm a TDC troll from days of yore, so I don't particularly care haha.

Anyway, your long posts are appreciated! They're well thought out. I can't agree with the session musicians thing (I've got a dude from Steely Dan in my signature, for ****'s sake), but I definitely get what you mean.

"So much people of you."

7. Rep:

Have been lurking around here for a year or 2...but decided to make a profile and make my first post a track by track review of RAM
    1."Give Life Back to Music" (10/10) Great way to start the album!
    2."The Game of Love" (8/10) Of course it reminded me of Something about us (which I really love) though is a bit too....slow? I still enjoyed it, though I may have gotten a little teary during it lol
    3."Giorgio by Moroder" (10/10) HOLY **** this was crazy...Giorgio talking about his life while some kick ass sounds play in the background...was a bit iffy about that idea when I first read about it, but it goes so well together! The man's a ****ing legend...might sound crazy but I wouldn't mind listening to that 3 hour interview he did with DP.
    4."Within" (9/10) Just plain beautiful, really loved the Piano. :3
    5. "Instant Crush" (10/10) One of my favorites on here...The whole song is great but damn it gets really good towards the end!
    6."Lose Yourself to Dance (10/10) Holy ****, THIS. IS. DISCOOOO. My nigga Pharrell did a great job with the vocals, Oh god, when that vocoder came on I was dancing, seriously!....Though I'll admit I was one of those guys that thought the fake snippet that was released a few weeks ago was real lol :v
    7."Touch" (10/10) Wow...Don't even know what to say about this one...it's just so..different...and I loved every second of it... I just can't agree with people saying Paul's voice sounds cheesy, it fit perfectly..and Oh god, when that choir came out of no where...a tear was shed. Amazing Track.
    8."Get Lucky" (9/10) Of course 100 times better than the radio edit, some new stuff added to it here and there...though I still wish that sound at the end was longer, but liked it a lot!
    9. "Beyond" (8/10) another song that was a bit slow but still really enjoyed, the vocoder sounds really good in this one!
    10. "Motherboard" (9/10) really dig this one! like a lot of people are saying, has that Tron feel to it...could imagine this being in the new BladeRunner movie..if that's still happening lol
    11. "Fragments of Time" (8/10) Wow this seriously sounds like it was made in the 70's...even though it had it's moments there was also some parts that really didn't...get to me or whatever lol
    12. "Doin' It Right" (10/10) I love Animal Collective, I love Panda Bear, I love Daft Punk , I ****ING LOVE THIS SONG IT'S SO GOOD AHHHSHHHFGGDHIGFSUII
    13."Contact" (10/10) WOW now that's how you close an album! This was the one i was most looking forward to mostly because of Dj Falcon! This was some crazy **** man...This would be freaking awesome if like some Alien movie had this at the end, flying around in a UFO or whatever,and it was at the showing at the IMAX...That would be ****ing awesome!

Overall I'd give RAM a solid 10/10...I loved every minute of it...and for me, was worth the wait!

Sorry about the uhh...bad grammar and it being WAY too damn long...Though I do hope to post more on here when I have time (shorter posts though) really love this website :3
    "The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

8. Like Romanthony likes this post
  9. Rep:

I think the people making Floyd comparisons are getting a tiny but carried away with themselves. Just sit down, take a deep breath, and think about what you just said.
    Again - im not comparing to the quality of the record. I'm not in the position to judge that. Many (!) reviews did make comparisons to dsotm and I can agree with them. Nobody talked about quality or how influenceal this record is

10. Rep:

give life back to music im pretty sure has become my favorite daft punk song. it just has "it". makes me feel so damn good inside.

11. Rep:

just kidding i think your right though lol

12. Rep:

Man, RAM synchs up wonderfully with Electroma:

"GLBTM" - when the robots are heading out
    "TGOL" - "i just want you to stay" as they are driving away
    "Giorgio by Moroder" - heading to the lab for the human masks
    "Within" - "i don't know who i am" when the masks get put on
    "Instant Crush" - when the masks start to melt
    "Lose Yourself to Dance" - Pharrell is like "wipe off that sweat" as the robots are wiping the melted masks off
    "Touch" - "hold on" as they trudge through the desert
    "Get Lucky" - when a certain non-family-friendly shot shows up

...and so on.

find me on Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Google+
    support me on Patreon