1. Rep:

Re: Daft punk necklace chrome

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I know, I'm totally bummed. I was so excited, and this entire week has pretty much completely sucked, so I was really happy when this arrived. And then I opened it.

I have a friend who customizes cars, and I showed it to him. He said that heat wouldn't have caused this, and that it was just a bad chrome job and that there's no way to fix it.

It's nice that your bubble isn't obvious. I can't even show mine to people. I am really, really sad.
    ... nice underwear, Robot.

2. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Griffonfeathers View Post
    I know, I'm totally bummed. I was so excited, and this entire week has pretty much completely sucked, so I was really happy when this arrived. And then I opened it.

I have a friend who customizes cars, and I showed it to him. He said that heat wouldn't have caused this, and that it was just a bad chrome job and that there's no way to fix it.

It's nice that your bubble isn't obvious. I can't even show mine to people. I am really, really sad.
    well that's... odd...
    why would he send you it in that condition??? lol

3. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by JackScoby View Post
    well that's... odd...
    why would he send you it in that condition??? lol
    Dunno. But it'd be less suspicious to me if he hadn't also deleted the picture on his Facebook of the pendants that he received with bubbles on them.

I honestly wish I were surprised. My week has sucked so bad, of COURSE my pendant, the thing I was really looking forward to, is messed up. It just figures.

But I'm sure he'll make it right. He seems like a nice guy, and he makes nice stuff. *shrug* I dunno. But it's a bummer, for sure.

Edit: I don't mean to sound like Eeyore, but seriously. Everything that COULD go wrong this week, pretty much has. Except...

I got my CD in the mail that I won from The Daft Club. So that was good! Yaay!
    Last edited by Griffonfeathers; 8th Jun 2013 at 03:58. Reason: trying not to be a total downer

4. Rep:

Oof, that...sucks. I hope Artfunk will make it right. It may be possible the the bubbles occurred after the chrome job, sometimes a change in climate or humidity can mess with that.
    For the latest updates on my props, visit my Page on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/L.E.Props

5. Rep:

Guys
    I understand very well how it feels Griffonfeathers, but I really hope you're convinced that I may have shipped an item in those conditions, I would never have done, it is obvious that if I did, what would happen is happening.I am very sorry, and I'm also sorry that you are accusing me without even giving me a chance to fix it, I was immediately "attacked"The chrome is not a process that I do, and I think you all know how it works and that it is a particular and delicate workmanship, who said that the heat does no damage, said the wrong thing, and if you want proof, you is sufficient to take a hair dryer and warm up the pendant, you'll see that the bubbles will increase dramatically, proving that this is damage following its posting, I never would have shipped in those conditions
    That said I have no problem to send another necklaces.I hope that the others arrive in excellent condition, now I'm worried about this.Finally, this is the photo mentioned Griffon, and you can clearly see by comparing with his picture, the only pendant with bubbles is that in the bottom right and which was reported by a comment on my fb, is not what I sent to her.

6. Like DaTBoYFrOMTeXaS, JackScoby likes this post
  7. Rep:

I wasn't trying to attack you, Artfunk, and I'm sorry you feel that way (though I still think it odd you deleted that picture from Facebook right after I PMmed you. But that's okay). I was just really disappointed.

I will say that even if that damage DID happen in shipping, it's still indicative of a defective chrome job and you might want to talk to the company that did the chrome for you.

Anyway, thank you for making this right. I really appreciate it. I was just so looking forward to getting it, I was really sad when it arrived in the shape it did. I hope your chrome company does a better job for you from now on.

Thank you again.

8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Griffonfeathers View Post
    I wasn't trying to attack you, Artfunk, and I'm sorry you feel that way (though I still think it odd you deleted that picture from Facebook right after I PMmed you. But that's okay). I was just really disappointed.

I will say that even if that damage DID happen in shipping, it's still indicative of a defective chrome job and you might want to talk to the company that did the chrome for you.

Anyway, thank you for making this right. I really appreciate it. I was just so looking forward to getting it, I was really sad when it arrived in the shape it did. I hope your chrome company does a better job for you from now on.

Thank you again.
    you are lucky compared to me :C

9. Rep:

Wow sorry to hear that guys. I'm sure Artfunk will fix it somehow.

Mine came in yesterday and looked good.

10. Rep:

Guys, at this point I think that there was a problem with chrome plating, which is coming out now, perhaps due to changes in temperature due to the trip.For those who have received the pendants with bubbles send new in return if you are willing to wait, for those who do not want to wait, I will refund the money.Write me in privateThanks and sorry for what happened, but it is not something caused by me.

11. Rep:

I'd like to order a pair if still possible.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789