1. Rep:
    Question

Questions about alive 97 and the studio of Daft Punk

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    When I was lying in my bed, awake, I had a few questions. I wish someone could answer
    1. How was synchronized Alive show in 1997, for example, rhythm machines, etc?
    2. How was it recorded, for example, the performance (on a computer or what?)
    3. Do I believe that they did not use computer, and if they used a computer, what program used to create the songs?

Okay, I decided to create an account on DaftClub to make these kinds of questions, and I hope to do more. Thank you very much and the forum is full of very important material!

2. Rep:

Re: Questions about alive 97 and the studio of Daft Punk

Hardware.....

a bunch of hardware.

3. Rep:

On question 2 I believe it was probably recorded by the club through the sound desk controlling the sound system. A few of the tour shows were leaked and people got fired for doing this, but the official one has extra track of the crowd. So Yeah...

4. Rep:
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place

Quote Originally Posted by idkwhatnameuse View Post
    1. How was synchronized Alive show in 1997, for example, rhythm machines, etc?
    Everything was synced up to a master sequencer.

This is the only known detailed photo of the Alive 1997 setup. I think it's incomplete.

[/FONT]2. How was it recorded, for example, the performance (on a computer or what?)
    They had a computer, but like AnonymsDogMan said, it was probably recorded by the sound engineer up front. They were most likely recorded for promotional purposes.

3. Do I believe that they did not use computer, and if they used a computer, what program used to create the songs?
    [FONT=arial black]

They have been seen using a computer in this video from D.A.F.T. Pretty sure they didn't use it for much anyway as the hardware was doing almost everything.

5. Rep:

thx guys!!!