1. Rep:

Bounce - Tower Records Interview

Remove this ad: become a supporter

Bounce Magazine, Tower Records Issue #355

Interview in Japanese: http://tower.jp/article/interview/2013/05/22/b1022

Honestly, Google Translate does a really horrible job of translating, and it only makes half sense, and it's half hilarious because of it.

Starring Thoma-Bangaruteru and Fermic-Manuel.

//

Your 2013 you get to Daft Punk from wherever you access. Stand ...... smell from the album first time in eight years that appeared to beat the silence, the identity of the less-than-subtle elegance?

About the party

Daft Punk is back at last. Abuzz from the time it was lifted the lead single "Get Lucky". In the scene in recent years that immediately would have been <absent> treatment, far of that able to produce a big buzz in a short period of time If you do not continue to appeal a fine move, top do not have to worry about the kind of game the other they It would be proof that it was an artist. To transfer the label, eight years, became a blockbuster indeed as original work: new album 4 years ...... Daft Punk "Random Access Memories" is now a figure even counting from the soundtrack of "Tron Legacy" was.

Nile Rodgers and Pharrell Williams, producer / guitarist known for his chic and has been featured in the "Get Lucky" Ken. Two of formic = Manuel and Thoma-Bangaruteru are described in this way for this exciting collaboration.

Thoma Farrell I wrote most of the "lyrics. this lyrics have been written about that you feel interaction between people who are on the dance floor, happening, men and women are attracted. <About the party>, there is a perception in various ways I think, but in this album, dance music, can be a thing concerning the temptation physical in one side there maybe, but it not intended to be offensive, it is fun with everyone and, in a mood of optimism I'm representing that being able to spend "

Formic = Manuel when I met "Thoma, we a fan of chic, I was also so already. Maybe. Thoma was 13 years and 12 years of that was the idol of each other teenager era sounds great. I was listening a lot of music of various kinds. funky music was a favorite style among others. and both. 2 who were funk band most elegant, we are met with the Nile a little bit of Japan a few years ago chic I had that was, but I was offered a <or not lend me the power to album> to get in touch properly last year. And then, that it is impossible, he also was a fan of Daft Punk for many years. so he The meet, was working on music production. again, I was like magic. he came into the studio, you can plug in your guitar, then away, I became the experience magical most among the up to now. course When we are in the studio with 3 people, I had some moments that brought together the magic demonstration. I think there are a lot of musicians incredible in the world. When you start playing together, one 2 minute or, everyone I enter the never better groove to complain no. 's why <Groove>. I can say to all tracks that he attended, but he started playing Speaking <Nile Rodgers> When two or three minutes, feeling the planet like a straight line is've got to "

Thoma at random people who think we will have the love and respect, musicians to be a target of "collaboration, and is the best, or the basis of connection daily and friendship, I was personnel selection in a natural flow. course, the underlying It is music that we love. rather than as a musician, to think from the standpoint as a music lover, I chose in mind the people who have inspired us in a variety of Revel's "

What it says, the difference of the latest masterpiece group in the past, would be that you are facing a variety of guest vocalist / players. Giorgio Moroder ...... to be award with the father of electronic music Julian Casablancas of the Strokes, Panda Bear, and Chilly Gonzales. At the same time, it is likely to say that you convene a leading figure our studio musician Omar Hakim and others Paul Jackson Jr, was abolished almost making sampling subject as before also a big change.

Thoma <does not permit any compromise> It's successful works in particular. So this "album I took a period of 5 years. be thorough, all trial and error a number of tried and all you want is needed for a long time It's why you have. <Well, I should some way> and Try looking to take the art of one. though, I like the sculpture hidden in the stone. ever, we are making music in a home studio It is thought have been. It was to show that a sense, that can make music in the studio the size of the house was good, but it was good blessed in this timing opportunity of using a recording studio full-fledged. film a movie though I'm similar to the. filmmaker to use a set of real decreases, I like making a set using many CG everyone now. "

Awareness against such <impersonal> is also reflected in the title to more than one form of RAM called "Random Access Memories".

Thoma I think of that. robot that has a deeper knowledge of the robot from the previous and comparable to the metaphor that represents the relationship of <human> and <technology>. "We time that we began making music 20 years ago such information to be associated with it and the product of artificial called. technology you have a big difference in modern times, and the presence of the computer becomes strong, even social behavior and society are also occupied, becoming an extension itself of intelligence I do some. also for example the similarities and differences between HD and the human brain, is not it's easy HD is to save. therefore, was to have a meaning to the words of <Memories> and <memory>. < memory> is the data / information, affection and get hot with emotion in the same words. feeling enters the brain and the point of view of human beings in the same data. <Memories> is a difference of essence of this emotion, separate the human and robot I wanted to express the understanding that. implications of chaos and I have been put in the word <random>. The Journey is to jump to the idea of another from the musical idea, never stops. experienced in the past I do concept that such element was also included in the presentation of a little music thing ...... the random-access feelings that you have, memories, from conversation "

Two have replied to the question of what? Which express in one word the ambitious tour de force that was born from such a consciousness.

Thoma and "I think it <Music>"

Formic = Manuel and "Yeah, it's <Music>"

"No, maybe <musicality and (MusiCares Cali tea)> s. Past 30 years, technology approach and format of recording, such as the development of the instrument even if the evolution however, it did not come to improve the <musicality> itself Thoma I was. pursuit of convenience and technology of miniaturization appearance evolves, there is a lot still to great music of course, but I'm there is a period that has been important percentage of musicality is remarkable surely. this I wanted to stick to the music of the album "

2. Like john_marston, PuddingCat, Champiness likes this post
  3. Rep:

Re: Bounce - Tower Records Interview

I laughed WAY harder than I should have at this translation. LMFAO I may have had a bit to drink for the 4th of July. I'm blaming that. LOL

4. Like TheGist likes this post
  5. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by TheGist View Post
    Starring Thoma-Bangaruteru and Fermic-Manuel.
    wait until loz sees this!

6. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

whoa wait, how did i not know about this?? i can see what i can do, but honestly my Japanese is probably not up to par. that translation is godawful, though...
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

7. Like JH Sounds likes this post
  8. Rep:

Here's my scan of this, haha Fermic the Manuel here. That translation really is horribru. You tried, Google, you tried.

Click here -> download zip file -> all your bass are belong to us
    Last edited by ifcwdjd; 9th Oct 2016 at 19:25.

9. Like CherieD'Amoure likes this post