1. Rep:

Re: Are you gonna buy the new deluxe boxset?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    If anyone is willing to scan the book, please do!

2. Like Retr0 likes this post
  3. Rep:

The problems appear in both the MP4 and the MOV files. They are a little different though: in the MOV files, the glitches are like the ones in the pictures I embedded, and they only appear in single frames. In the MP4 files, they look like compression artifacts, appearing for longer periods of time.
    BTW, have you noticed the small snip of Human After All at the beginning of the Get Lucky Coachella promo video? I's like a small easter egg.

4. Rep:

So it's been about 5 years since the album came out and 4.5 years since the deluxe edition came out. I'm still debating whether or not to get it. I think it would be a nice 5 year anniversary purchase. It's probably still my favorite album since the 90s. So RAM has a lot of meaning for me. I think they lowered the price by $25, but it's still $280 with taxes/shipping. A lot to spend on one album.

Last year, I spent $150 on the Beatles Sgt. Pepper Super Deluxe 4CD/Blu-Ray/Book set with 2 CDs of outtakes, with a 5.1 mix and documentary on Blu-Ray and a hardcover book plus a few other extras. Some people thought that was an outrageous price, but I think you got a lot of new music and collectibles for the price. Some were able to buy it to closer $100 - good for them (It's currently $115 on Amazon)!

By this time, all of the actual audio material from RAM Deluxe is available on YouTube, but if you care about having the official, legit version, you get Horizon, the entire Moroder interview, and Get Lucky Remix. I already have the Get Lucky Remix from iTunes and the 12" vinyl. So you don't actually get a lot of new audio in this set. But it is the ultimate edition of this marvelous album, one of my all time favorites! For me, the schematics are cool, but not a big draw for me. I do like books, whether they are photos or essays or a mixture. But basically, I think most would agree that it would have been nice to have more exclusive (or at least new) audio in the form of remixes or surround mixes. And the Collaborators series definitely should have been included on the video USB.

Is anyone else still thinking about finally getting this? For the people that thought it would rise in value...well maybe if they ever sell out. Since they are still available, does anyone know if they are part of the original 2,500 or was there a repress? I think they're part of the original run, just my guess. It's not surprising that they haven't sold 2,500 units of a $275 edition of a single album. $100-125 for the Alive box set was reasonable. 5 records plus some collectible extras. It seems like they removed RAM Deluxe from the website to be sold at the Daft Punk pop up store and now they're back, available online.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223