1. Rep:

Re: Are you gonna buy the new deluxe boxset?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I already have the Japanese CD, and without this coming with at least 3 new bonus tracks (The Giorgio interview doesn't really count), the only thing that makes this worthwhile at all is the book, which looks like would be an interesting read for sure. Everything else in that thing is fluff. Why flash drives? They should have made them necklaces instead.
    Yeah, true that.. And, there are people on TDC who are gonna buy it anyways and let's hope they'll be so nice to put the bonus thingy's on here so we can enjoy them too

''Bonjour I am in a Formula 1 car.''
    - Thomas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Kid View Post
    Yeah, yeah, pics or it...it.....it happened and you just never posted pics....
    Quote Originally Posted by Camerabob1 View Post
    Did you know... "what?"
    That I can go to Japan. And back.

2. Rep:

worst timing ever. My PS3 died, i have already made a down payment on a ps4, had to buy a new bike..... blegh, i want that box so damn bad! Guess i'll have to sell some of my stuff.
    Gamers anyone? Kung fu DVD lovers? I have Flat Eric up for sale

3. Rep:

I don't usually say that (I don't like to), but I think I'll just wait until everything is uploaded on the internet :/
    This stuff looks so cool but who can afford it??

4. Rep:

Just pre-ordered it.

Can't wait to get it, look at it once, and then never touch it again out of fear of ruining it.

If I feel brave enough I might make some high resolution scans of the posters and photo book.

5. Rep:

I think $275 is a complete piss take for the following reasons -

1) It's not a limited edition so it's not as if it will be worth anything in years to come.

2) There is only one bonus track. No new edits or remixes. Furthermore, said bonus track is already available on the Japanese edition of RAM.

3) It's something you will only look at now and again, for fear of damaging or marking something you just spent 275 bucks on.

4) It's $275

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Robot_after_all View Post
    I think $275 is a complete piss take for the following reasons -

1) It's not a limited edition so it's not as if it will be worth anything in years to come.

2) There is only one bonus track. No new edits or remixes. Furthermore, said bonus track is already available on the Japanese edition of RAM.

3) It's something you will only look at now and again, for fear of damaging or marking something you just spent 275 bucks on.

4) It's $275

So I take it then you've never bought yourself something completely unjustified just because you wanted it? That is pretty impressive.
    Last edited by Agent RayBans; 26th Oct 2013 at 05:44.

7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Agent RayBans View Post

So I take it then you've never bought yourself something completely unjustified just because you wanted it? That is pretty impressive.
    So I take it you just realised you got ripped off and are beginning to regret it? And you don't know how to deal with this so you resort to posting a meme.

Yeah, I'd say that's less impressive.

8. Rep:

Hell yeah. While there's not much added, the nicer packaging definitely makes it worth the $27.50.

Wait, what?

Oh, never mind. Nope, I will not.

9. Like DoubleDaft likes this post
  10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Robot_after_all View Post
    So I take it you just realised you got ripped off and are beginning to regret it? And you don't know how to deal with this so you resort to posting a meme.

Yeah, I'd say that's less impressive.
    The point I was trying to make was we all buy ourselves excessive, sometimes expensive things that we don't really need. My friend has a closet full of football and basketball jerseys that he hardly wears. Would I spend that kind of money on sports stuff? No, but that doesn't make him stupid for spending his hard earned dollar how he wants. I'm sure you've bought yourself things I never would either.

I think the box set is worth it, and I don't regret it. You don't feel its worth the money and that's your choice. No one is making you buy it. But please get off your high horse and stop talking down anyone who is willing to buy it just because you're not.

You act like Daft Punk fans have never spent a lot of money on merch before.

11. Like DaLo, Daft-Bohl likes this post
  12. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Agent RayBans View Post
    Just pre-ordered it.

Can't wait to get it, look at it once, and then never touch it again out of fear of ruining it.

If I feel brave enough I might make some high resolution scans of the posters and photo book.
    Nice! Cool to see someone who wants to spend the money on it, props for you.
    You have to admit, it costs way too much for what's actually in it, (Daft Punk is priceless, but you know what I mean) and like I stated earlier, you won't touch it after receiving it.
    BUT, like you say, we sometimes buy things, we just HAVE to have, regardless of the price.
    That's true too.

I hope you will post some nice pictures and scans on TDC, to let us all experience a bit of the magic of the boxset too, but I understand if you don't.

I sincerely hope you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of HAVING it

''Bonjour I am in a Formula 1 car.''
    - Thomas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Kid View Post
    Yeah, yeah, pics or it...it.....it happened and you just never posted pics....
    Quote Originally Posted by Camerabob1 View Post
    Did you know... "what?"
    That I can go to Japan. And back.

13. Like Agent RayBans likes this post
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast