1. Rep:

Re: RAM Film?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I was very interested when there was a rumour that they were looking at Brian de Palma whose work I absolutely love, to direct a movie (I think dp hinted at it in a pitchfork interview!?), which would have been because of the Phantom of Paradise, Paul Williams, Touch connection.

The problem for the guys would be that film production nowadays is nowhere near as open as it was in the mid 70's when PoP was released. Everything today from Hollywood at least is done with profitability in mind, and it seems de Palma is long finished as a commercially bankable director. Also if it was a musical, there may not be a mega-star attached to it, so it leaves me wondering if they're having any success in pitching a big budget musical with no stars or hot director to execs and getting a budget to make a film of the standard they want.

I would go in a heartbeat to see any film they made of course, but I'm also sure they wouldn't put out a film if it wasn't of the highest quality that would be a companion piece to their music and it may well be that in today's shallow movie industry, they can't get the guarantee of that quality.

2. Rep:

I am aware that this thread has had no activity for 2 years and all of you guys probably already figures this out, but anyway, there was a documentary film about Daft Punk that played in Europe (I think maybe the USA too, but they forgot Asia!!). It is called Unchained, I think?
    So it doesn't have their songs as the soundtrack from what I know, but whatever. It still exists!!

3. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by notArpegius View Post
    I am aware that this thread has had no activity for 2 years and all of you guys probably already figures this out, but anyway, there was a documentary film about Daft Punk that played in Europe (I think maybe the USA too, but they forgot Asia!!). It is called Unchained, I think?
    So it doesn't have their songs as the soundtrack from what I know, but whatever. It still exists!!
    Yea Daft Punk Unchained it's a doc about Daft Punk's history

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by That guy View Post
    Yea Daft Punk Unchained it's a doc about Daft Punk's history
    Cool, did you see it?

5. Rep:

Cool, did you see it?
    Yea I saw it last year you should watch it

6. Rep:

Cool, did you see it?
    It doesn't look like it's getting an official release anytime soon. So, if worse comes to worse, just torrent it (making sure English subs are a part of the package).

It's like a must if you're a fan. Which, since we're here, it's obvious we are lol.

7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post
    It doesn't look like it's getting an official release anytime soon. So, if worse comes to worse, just torrent it (making sure English subs are a part of the package).

It's like a must if you're a fan. Which, since we're here, it's obvious we are lol.
    Hmm I think the original film is English... In fact I hope it is because I am not very fast at reading English sub... I will see if it's available on a torrent site with Japanese or Thai sub if it isn't an English film

8. Rep:

The film originally aired in French, then in the UK and US in English.

The one I torrent'd was the one that aired in France, so I dunno if the US and UK broadcast kept the French language, while adding English subtitles, or brought in an English speaker to narrate instead.

In any case, good luck and enjoy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234