1. Rep:
    Question

RAM/TRON era Guy LEDs?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    After the resounding success and fan appreciation I had on Halloween with my Moguai Thomas bucket and Volpin hand plates, I've decided to get Daft again for Halloween '14. This time, I'm going with a Sorenzo RAM Guy helmet. Depending on the quotes I get, it'll either get chroming from CreationsnChrome or Coat of Chrome (any recommendations?).

Question is, for accuracy's sake, does the real deal Guy RAM/TRON helmet sport the light fan of the Discovery era helmet? I know the LEDs, EKG, RCA jack, and back plate wiring are gone, but can find no mention of the fan lights. I've gone ahead and ordered SanDisk1duo PCB kit and all that's needed to assemble it so I'll have plenty of lead time.

Any help/input is appreciated!

2. Rep:

Re: RAM/TRON era Guy LEDs?

Do you mean the rainbow lights when you say ''fan lights''? If that is what you mean then the RAM helmet has no lights at all but the TRON version does. The TRON version has a horizontal strip of white LED's. I think its an array of 6x24 or thereabouts...

3. Rep:

Thanks Pedro! Hmmm, maybe I'll build out a transitional "hybrid" Discovery/RAM Guy and light it up just for fun!

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by ifixphns View Post
    Thanks Pedro! Hmmm, maybe I'll build out a transitional "hybrid" Discovery/RAM Guy and light it up just for fun!
    Technically speaking. In the official diagrams Guy man and Thomas DO have LEDS in their new helmets, but the LEDS have not appeared in any photoshoots, video or any other content than the diagram/blueprints. So im not sure if its just for the diagram or perhaps they will unveil the leds at a later time.

♥♥♥♥♥

5. Rep:

yeah but in the diagrams they also have wires connecting to their brains. They're more of an art piece than actual blueprints. The guy man one isn't even fully centred in the pic and that i think is definitely deliberate.

6. Like Agent RayBans, TK-9336 likes this post
  7. Rep:

Also the new helmets are a much tighter fit hence the removable back piece on Guy Man, there is no room for any lights on that maybe on on Thomas though.

8. Like TK-9336 likes this post