1. Rep:

Re: Daft Punk Kastlj髎 on Sj髇v (Interview)

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ifcwdjd View Post
    That's a question I've been thinking about recently as well. There was so much press for both Homework and Discovery that "new" interviews keep surfacing. And there are some interviews (like this one) that remain a mystery. I find that a lot with magazines: there will be a few well-known articles, and then there will be several magazines that have an interview and/or pictures that I've never seen before.

That's what I like about Daft Punk, that they're not well documented, not officially anyway. They don't have this great database of information assembled in one place, but it's out there scattered in different formats waiting to be uncovered. It's up to us to put the pieces together, and each day we learn a little more about them.

As far as this interview goes, I've never seen a video for it, but here's another screencap...

Does anyone know what language the subtitles are in? Or do you recognize the TV station logo on the upper right? Looks Scandinavian or Icelandic. Maybe we can link this to a live performance they did. It certainly looks like it's Homework-era, but it might not be.
    Well, that's interesting, how did you manage to find that high-resolution pic. Anyway that's deffo Icelandic

2. Rep:

I found out that the name of this show is "Kastlj髎", as mentioned in the name of the topic. It also has a Wikipedia article, where Daft Punk is mentioned too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kastlj髎

3. Rep:

Guys...I think I'm really starting to get somewhere now.

See, I found this: http://dagskra.ruv.is/sjonvarpid/4301616/2006/10/06/2/
    (You can see that the day they were on was the 6th October 2006, and below you can see "Daft Punk"

But for me, the videos don't appear to be working!! ;(
    Is it the same for you as-well?

4. Like Daftelia likes this post
  5. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Retr0 View Post
    Guys...I think I'm really starting to get somewhere now.

See, I found this: http://dagskra.ruv.is/sjonvarpid/4301616/2006/10/06/2/
    (You can see that the day they were on was the 6th October 2006, and below you can see "Daft Punk"

But for me, the videos don't appear to be working!! ;(
    Is it the same for you as-well?
    Dammit, not working for me ;_;

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Daftelia View Post
    Dammit, not working for me ;_;
    This is frustrating now! :3 We need a PC expert to try de-bug this, and get the video file that is hopefully still embedded into the page.

7. Rep:

Ah, I knew that Thomas played a live DJ set in Iceland in 2006 and I had a bit of a feeling that this might have been from the same time. He and Guy-Man were also promoting Electroma there.

As for the screencap, I found it on tumblr a while back. I recently found a link to this interview, which was done around the same time, on tumblr as well.

Yeah, I was able to install the plug-in for the video you linked to, but it still wouldn't play Maybe it's lurking around on Youtube somewhere?

8. Rep:

I've started to look through the source code of the page, and I found the address of the video file: /sjonvarpid/streymi/4301616/2/?973
    Unfortunately, I think it's not there anymore.

9. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by ifcwdjd View Post
    Ah, I knew that Thomas played a live DJ set in Iceland in 2006 and I had a bit of a feeling that this might have been from the same time. He and Guy-Man were also promoting Electroma there.

As for the screencap, I found it on tumblr a while back. I recently found a link to this interview, which was done around the same time, on tumblr as well.

Yeah, I was able to install the plug-in for the video you linked to, but it still wouldn't play Maybe it's lurking around on Youtube somewhere?
    I've searched YouTube, DailyMotion, Vimeo to death for this interview. Nothing was found.

10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk View Post
    I've started to look through the source code of the page, and I found the address of the video file: /sjonvarpid/streymi/4301616/2/?973
    Unfortunately, I think it's not there anymore.
    Oh darn it! Thanks for trying though.

11. Rep:

Call me crazy, but I think that I had this Interview on one of my Harddrives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It was around 2007 when I downloaded it, it was uploaded on a P2P-Filesharing Network.

I will do my best to look after it, promised.
    There's an exactly 50:50 chance in getting it, because either it is on the one hard drive that still works OR it is or should i say it was on the harddrive which i was forced to formate due to a trojan malware

12. Like STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N, Retr0 likes this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast