1. Rep:

Daft Punk Kastljs on Sjnv (Interview)

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Does anyone know much about this Interview? It has been bothering me for a while now...I can't find any infomation about it anywhere.

I saw it when reading their wikipedia about a year ago, a single still image exists of them with bags over their heads.

Anything, any infomation at-all would be most appreciated.

2. Like Cyberpunk likes this post
  3. Rep:

Re: Daft Punk Kastljs on Sjnv (Interview)

I've been looking for that interview for a long time, but I couldn't find any info about it.

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk View Post
    I've been looking for that interview for a long time, but I couldn't find any info about it.
    Hmmm, very strange.

5. Rep:

No one really knows anything about it, I can't find the interview on YT or anywhere else.

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Daftelia View Post
    No one really knows anything about it, I can't find the interview on YT or anywhere else.
    Ughhh, this is all so frustrating...somebody somewhere has to have it, or at-least have seen it.

7. Rep:

This thread poses a very interesting question: how many interviews are made with them which have no trace on the internet?

8. Like Retr0, STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N likes this post
  9. Rep:

This thread poses a very interesting question: how many interviews are made with them which have no trace on the internet?
    Precisely.

Similar things happened with The Beatles, rare interviews/footage would turn up like 30 decades later.

10. Like Cyberpunk likes this post
  11. Rep:

That's a question I've been thinking about recently as well. There was so much press for both Homework and Discovery that "new" interviews keep surfacing. And there are some interviews (like this one) that remain a mystery. I find that a lot with magazines: there will be a few well-known articles, and then there will be several magazines that have an interview and/or pictures that I've never seen before.

That's what I like about Daft Punk, that they're not well documented, not officially anyway. They don't have this great database of information assembled in one place, but it's out there scattered in different formats waiting to be uncovered. It's up to us to put the pieces together, and each day we learn a little more about them.

As far as this interview goes, I've never seen a video for it, but here's another screencap...

Does anyone know what language the subtitles are in? Or do you recognize the TV station logo on the upper right? Looks Scandinavian or Icelandic. Maybe we can link this to a live performance they did. It certainly looks like it's Homework-era, but it might not be.

12. Like Daftelia, Shanio, Retr0, Cyberpunk likes this post
  13. Rep:

I know that it was shown on a channel called Sjnvarpi (now it's called RV) in Iceland, and the subtitles are in Icelandic.

I typed it in to google translate, and I got this: "Your music certainly falls under electronic dance music".
    Last edited by Cyberpunk; 30th Nov 2013 at 16:04.

14. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by ifcwdjd View Post
    That's a question I've been thinking about recently as well. There was so much press for both Homework and Discovery that "new" interviews keep surfacing. And there are some interviews (like this one) that remain a mystery. I find that a lot with magazines: there will be a few well-known articles, and then there will be several magazines that have an interview and/or pictures that I've never seen before.

That's what I like about Daft Punk, that they're not well documented, not officially anyway. They don't have this great database of information assembled in one place, but it's out there scattered in different formats waiting to be uncovered. It's up to us to put the pieces together, and each day we learn a little more about them.

As far as this interview goes, I've never seen a video for it, but here's another screencap...

Does anyone know what language the subtitles are in? Or do you recognize the TV station logo on the upper right? Looks Scandinavian or Icelandic. Maybe we can link this to a live performance they did. It certainly looks like it's Homework-era, but it might not be.
    I've never seen the image as high-res as this before, not to mention the subtitles.

As for the era, it's not Homework but actually HAA, it was filmed just before the release of Electroma I do believe.
    Last edited by Retr0; 30th Nov 2013 at 16:28.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast