1. Rep:

Re: tdc is corrupt!!

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    This is really interesting. At this point I guess I can sorta consider myself kind of an oldie compared to the majority of active users here lol, although it feels like just yesterday that I joined and shoddily created my very basic avatar photo... lol

I think that, with the release and hype of RAM, DP aquired many new fans who got into them because of this new album, instead of discovering them on their lonesome surfing youtube etc. BUT that also happened a bit with tron. Yet I think there is a difference between Tron and a studio album, as it was mostly fans of tron who then became fans of DP.

I think what has happened is that the love and friendship that was so common before has dwindled . Many members who posted every day all the time cracking jokes etc have left ( I wasnt even a part of that really lol). Recently it has sort of been alot of new people, posting alot of things, and it all sort of feels impersonal and informative rather than warm and fun and with hopeful positivity as in the past.

There is a certain familiarity and comfort knowing that members who have been here forever and who you know have your and the tdc's best interest at heart are going to read what you and others have to say and respond etc.

Its hit me: big releases etc are not good for the morale of the forum. I think that when there is nothing going on, the people who still stick around are those who have a creepy undying fandom for DP and are amongst others who do aswell, and this builds a sense of camaraderie. When you know that those posting etc are not going to up and leave (something you dont know about someone recently joined during a big release etc).

I hope that as things settle down, some older members will return (RIP fun musical projects with other members!! Hopefully there will be more in future) and that everyone will have a bit more fun with each other. I'm not opposed to new members, I just would rather people only join if they are going to commit and stick around.
    Last edited by HUMAN123; 7th Jan 2014 at 20:14.
    check out my Soundcloud if u like

https://soundcloud.com/julesmercertunez

2. Like DJ_Sam_909 likes this post
  3. awe$▲m
    Rep:

Yeah hi I'm just gonna say that tdc has been great even in the alive 07, tron days and the daft punk drought days but for some reason I just haven't been getting the same vibe since ram. Not sure how I can justify why. This forum has changed my life p much I've met lots of wonderful people online and even catch up irl. It's great.

I am a moderator. I'm not a robot and can't like everyone, I'm human. Dw Sam I've driven off three members off tdc in the past but that was because they were being a little inappropriate on the forum and I'm like hey stop plz then they flipped their bananas and bitched about me on the forum. Stuff happens. People come and go. There are just people that you can't get on with either and you just gotta deal. What I would wish everyone be aware if is don't get so flustered to call us corrupt and such just because we are mods. Please dear the government by all means, not us. We just move threads. Take spam outs sights and tell you to shut up and be nice now and then. And even we just get all round pissed off and just wanna kick someone's ass but we try not too sometimes it leaks out.

However, I think we need to clean up that shenanigans thread because it's not doing us a favour regarding news coverage about dp, sifting through a zillion posted thread if news isn't fun. I think we should do a mega break up of the thread and weed out the news and just keep rumours there then when it's confirmed start a new thread. If we had a box on every page of that thread to remind people not to post news there would help too. Plus I think that hurt heal thread should be in the general dp thread p much but hey.

4. Like CherieD'Amoure likes this post
  5. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by spamwichx View Post
    Yeah hi I'm just gonna say that tdc has been great even in the alive 07, tron days and the daft punk drought days but for some reason I just haven't been getting the same vibe since ram. Not sure how I can justify why. This forum has changed my life p much I've met lots of wonderful people online and even catch up irl. It's great.

I am a moderator. I'm not a robot and can't like everyone, I'm human. Dw Sam I've driven off three members off tdc in the past but that was because they were being a little inappropriate on the forum and I'm like hey stop plz then they flipped their bananas and bitched about me on the forum. Stuff happens. People come and go. There are just people that you can't get on with either and you just gotta deal. What I would wish everyone be aware if is don't get so flustered to call us corrupt and such just because we are mods. Please dear the government by all means, not us. We just move threads. Take spam outs sights and tell you to shut up and be nice now and then. And even we just get all round pissed off and just wanna kick someone's ass but we try not too sometimes it leaks out.

However, I think we need to clean up that shenanigans thread because it's not doing us a favour regarding news coverage about dp, sifting through a zillion posted thread if news isn't fun. I think we should do a mega break up of the thread and weed out the news and just keep rumours there then when it's confirmed start a new thread. If we had a box on every page of that thread to remind people not to post news there would help too. Plus I think that hurt heal thread should be in the general dp thread p much but hey.
    i think its because ever since 2007, you guys have been speculating about DP's next move in their career, you guys had all these fantasies about the 4th album, and were excited for any news that would come up, you guys had something that would keep you talking, something you were all equally interested in, and i myself who joined back in 2011 (really the 2nd best time to join after 2009, supposedly), got to join in all the hype, we were all excited for any new dp new coming our way. Now that all the speculation is over, another drought is settling through, and we have all of these members who go online, and many still joining. with RAM already released, we have nothing else to speculate over, no big news coming up (except for probable Grammys performance), everything has been done, it'll most likely take a while until more album news comes up for TDC to go back to its original state.

6. Like DJ_Sam_909 likes this post
  7. Mod - AND ALL THAT JAZZ.
    Rep:

Like DJSam and Piro and Spam have all said, mods screw up. We're human. And we make booboos.

This year has already been unkind to me and as a result I have been a little depressed. [No one died, don't worry.] Unfortunately, that manifested itself in a rather hurtful outburst, as we all saw. It was unprofessional, yes, and I apologise for that, and what I said. I am stubborn and it got the better of me that day. I was aggressive and it was unwonted. Uni hasn't been kind to me, but it never was. It only made me more and more worried about everything, but I'm digressing.

I love TDC. I love popping in and seeing what's up, but sometimes it grinds my gears about what goes on in some threads but I forget that I acted like that back in my early TDC [is my old age showing?? lel] days and I forget to cut people some slack. Being bitter doesn't help either, and I'm trying to be more optimistic about coming here and interacting yet last year, before and after RAM showed up, it started to feel a little like a chore. My feelings have changed somewhat, but I still find it a bit tough to enjoy my time here. I'm more than willing to forget the past grudges and issues because as we have seen, it doesn't lead anywhere and it just reroutes back onto the forum and refuels smokey fires of dissent.

One thing: The FB group is very helpful because news appears there soon after it gets released but it would be more helpful if it went a little more hand-in-hand with the site. If not, with the official TDC FB page where news could be added on a more frequent level like the Daft Punk Anthology site. Like if we had a News Mega Thread with articles, interviews, photoshoots etc for the news mods to use so that looking for new stuff on our favourite Francobots wasn't tedious.

8. Rep:

All dem long posts
    Pff ain't nobody got time fo dat
    Jk
    Well I can't say much, I HAVEN'T been here for a long time so yeah
    I'll always love TDC <33
    Last edited by Daftelia; 7th Jan 2014 at 22:23.

9. Like daft_mate likes this post
  10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Daftelia View Post
    I've been here for a long time

Justify in your terms what "long time" means please? I joined in March and even I admit I've not been here very long.

TDC is a great community so I really don't see what the big issue is here. TDC is a place full of wonderful people and interesting topics and some of the users I hear did go but that doesn't mean to say more will come as a few already do.

EDIT: Screw it, let's just blame daft world.
    Last edited by daft_mate; 7th Jan 2014 at 22:13.
    https://soundcloud.com/itsjenik
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi405 View Post
    There is always room for your life to get weirder
    "Idc bye"

11. Super Moderator
    Rep:

Hi. I'm still alive. Don't know if you guys remember me. I've been a mod for four years. Sup. I think the biggest thing that's changed for me on TDC is the personalization of this site. I made so many friends on this forum and have met many in person and still communicate with others via Facebook and whatnot. But that number has been dwindling and as more and more new faces join here I find myself blurring the usernames and caring less about coming on regularly and that makes it harder to do my job. I want to know who I'm hearing from when I get a pm and to be able to distinguish the personalities behind the posts I read every day. A mod is supposed to listen to the members and improve the site based on their needs but I feel like I don't know anyone anymore. I like communities built on friendships and Id like there to be some way where I can connect with all of you more personally so I can want to spend hours on here instead of a few minutes because I'm obligated to. So hi again. Just wanted to throw my two cents in.
    Last edited by digital*aria; 7th Jan 2014 at 22:25.
    "I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

12. Like DJ_Sam_909, M3311 likes this post
  13. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by daft_mate View Post

Justify in your terms what "long time" means please? I joined in March and even I admit I've not been here very long.

TDC is a great community so I really don't see what the big issue is here. TDC is a place full of wonderful people and interesting topics and some of the users I hear did go but that doesn't mean to say more will come as a few already do.

EDIT: Screw it, let's just blame daft world.
    Gosh take it easy I made a mistake, I wanted to type I HAVEN'T

14. Like Fundave likes this post
  15. Rep:

I still feel like a newb here, eventhough I've stalked since 2008 and joined in 2010. I think when I joined a lot of old skool members left. It must be my bad breath...

Or maybe I'm a douchebag? Sorry if I've annoyed people. I like a good arguement now and then, don't take it personally. And sometimes I like to poke at people to see how they react, does that make me a troll? I'm just up front and have a pretty sick sense of humour I suppose (got it from my Scottish side, Muricans usually don't appreciate my humour lol). I make subliminal jokes sometimes but I feel like no one gets them.

And I don't like the whole formal face mods put on sometimes, mods are just other wankers behind a computer screen like myself. I understand that someone needs to clean this forum up and I appreciate that, but this is a Daft Punk forum and I feel like some mods keep their mod masks on a bit too much and don't show their true colours to the plebs, distancing mods-users. Sorry to the mods that I've made fun of, I sometimes like to pull that mask off a bit.
    (I think this happened when newer members kept coming along and older members (BFFs of the mods) left, leaving mods with a new crowd they don't know, wheras before everyone was bros with everyone and mods and users were equal.)

I'm against political correctness, people should just say what they want to and be honest, but friendly at the same time.

If anyone has anything negative to say about me or how I post, honestly PLEASE take a shot, I'd love to hear it, doesn't matter what it is. Not to feed the troll, but for feedback purpose.
    Last edited by john_marston; 7th Jan 2014 at 23:35.

16. Like axelF, DJ_Sam_909 likes this post
  17. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by john_marston View Post
    I still feel like a newb here, eventhough I've stalked since 2008 and joined in 2010. I think when I joined a lot of old skool members left. It must be my bad breath...

Or maybe I'm a douchebag? Sorry if I've annoyed people. I like a good arguement now and then, don't take it personally. And sometimes I like to poke at people to see how they react, does that make me a troll? I'm just up front and have a pretty sick sense of humour I suppose (got it from my Scottish side, Muricans usually don't appreciate my humour lol). I make subliminal jokes sometimes but I feel like no one gets them.

And I don't like the whole formal face mods put on sometimes, mods are just other wankers behind a computer screen like myself. I understand that someone needs to clean this forum up and I appreciate that, but this is a Daft Punk forum and I feel like some mods keep their mod masks on a bit too much and don't show their true colours to the plebs, distancing mods-users. Sorry to the mods that I've made fun of, I sometimes like to pull that mask off a bit.
    (I think this happened when newer members kept coming along and older members (BFFs of the mods) left, leaving mods with a new crowd they don't know, wheras before everyone was bros with everyone and mods and users were equal.)

I'm against political correctness, people should just say what they want to and be honest, but friendly at the same time.

If anyone has anything negative to say about me or how I post, honestly PLEASE take a shot, I'd love to hear it, doesn't matter what it is. Not to feed the troll, but for feedback purpose.
    I like your posts. I wouldn't say that you are necessarily annoying towards some people, although I do think that you use some unnecessary aggression sometimes.

Retr0 says I'm silly.
    https://soundcloud.com/itsjenik
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi405 View Post
    There is always room for your life to get weirder
    "Idc bye"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast