1. Rep:

Alive 2014

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Hi all.

"Oh my! A thread by DaftPony that isn't a praise thread!" I hear you cheer. And, indeed it is.

I've only just recently become a massive fan of the Robot Duo, which is just in 2013. This of course means I am aware they had tours in 1997 and 2007, which I missed by an utter long shot and feel guilty about doing so. Knowing the gap between these two years sadden me, as it acknowledges that they will not be doing a tour for a long time, for which I hope to still be a fan... (Arrghhhh, whyyyy? *sob*)

...Until I discovered I could do stuff in Virtual DJ.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to announce to you all that I have started a new project that I have proclaimed as:

Alive 2014.

While I don't plan to become a musician, this will be my first attempt at a full, one hour music mash-up. Its been a bit of a dream to at least do something like this.

My main reason of doing this is, of course, that knowing Daft Punk won't be doing a tour this year. And I don't want people like me feeling sad about that. I want people to feel the magic of Daft Punk like you felt in previous years. All I want to see is you guys smile, and that at least you have a bit of a mash-up to listen to.

Another reason is Daft Punk's recent release of RAM. I really did notice how well the new tracks mixed with Homework's oldies while toying around in Virtual DJ. After many mix ups, I really felt this is something fans like you all should hear.

I will not be revealing any of the tracks until full release. However, this is the only one I will say that has already been made and should make it to the final cut:

WDPK + Instant Crush

Hope to give you guys more information of progress as this thread goes along.

Well, lets do this!

"And we will never be alone again...because it doesn't happen everyday..."

2. Rep:

Re: Alive 2014

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPony View Post
    Hi all.

"Oh my! A thread by DaftPony that isn't a praise thread!" I hear you cheer. And, indeed it is.

I've only just recently become a massive fan of the Robot Duo, which is just in 2013. This of course means I am aware they had tours in 1997 and 2007, which I missed by an utter long shot and feel guilty about doing so. Knowing the gap between these two years sadden me, as it acknowledges that they will not be doing a tour for a long time, for which I hope to still be a fan... (Arrghhhh, whyyyy? *sob*)

...Until I discovered I could do stuff in Virtual DJ.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to announce to you all that I have started a new project that I have proclaimed as:

Alive 2014.

While I don't plan to become a musician, this will be my first attempt at a full, one hour music mash-up. Its been a bit of a dream to at least do something like this.

My main reason of doing this is, of course, that knowing Daft Punk won't be doing a tour this year. And I don't want people like me feeling sad about that. I want people to feel the magic of Daft Punk like you felt in previous years. All I want to see is you guys smile, and that at least you have a bit of a mash-up to listen to.

Another reason is Daft Punk's recent release of RAM. I really did notice how well the new tracks mixed with Homework's oldies while toying around in Virtual DJ. After many mix ups, I really felt this is something fans like you all should hear.

I will not be revealing any of the tracks until full release. However, this is the only one I will say that has already been made and should make it to the final cut:

WDPK + Instant Crush

Hope to give you guys more information of progress as this thread goes along.

Well, lets do this!
    I would highly reccomend you to use something other than Virtual DJ. Possibly something that you can pre-plan out and edit fully instead of trying to do an hour mix live (FL, Ableton). Just a suggestion tho. If you HAVE to do it live i'd suggest Traktor or Serato for more control. But we all start somewhere, which i ironically started on VDJ too.

♥♥♥♥♥

3. Like M3311 likes this post
  4. Rep:

Already been done but good luck.
    https://soundcloud.com/itsjenik
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi405 View Post
    There is always room for your life to get weirder
    "Idc bye"

5. Like Retr0, jayjaybirdsnest likes this post
  6. Rep:

Lucky me for getting dat sweet sneak preview a few days ago

7. Like DaftPony likes this post
  8. Rep:

sounds interesting! i am getting so much info just reading so many threads...

9. Rep:

I might make one myself, there's just one of them ^
    https://soundcloud.com/itsjenik
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi405 View Post
    There is always room for your life to get weirder
    "Idc bye"

10. Rep:

Ah yes. I am aware of that Alive 2013 thing Damyard made. I listened to it and its pretty darn good. Anyway, its good to hear some people interested in this project of mine.

"And we will never be alone again...because it doesn't happen everyday..."

11. Rep:

Looking forward to it.

12. Like daft_mate likes this post
  13. Rep:

Looking forward to hearing it!

14. Like daft_mate likes this post
  15. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by daft_mate View Post

I might make one myself, there's just one of them ^
    word of advice, although this is a good mix, try not to base your mix off of this, some of the keys in mashups are off, remember to keep the transitions smooth, and mashups should be of the same key. And include Alive (New Wave Final Mix) as well, it's where the tours get their name., this goes for your project as well, Daft Pony.

16. Like DJ_Sam_909, Retr0, daft_mate likes this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast