1. awe$▲m
    Rep:

Housemate/Dormmate Stories

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Come on, share your housemate/roommate/dormmate stories

I wanna hear the really bad ones. or the light ones, there's probably a few things that bug you when you're in a share house environment. Feel free to vent here!

I haven't got anything remarkable really. I'm just sick of my housemate checking out my food and saying how gross the stuff is. and she's expecting me to care? bhahaha her loss. I have all this food and she barely got any (to the point she's using some of my cheese butter and juice). Oh and she leaves wet clothes in a basket in the laundry making the laundry stink bad, and don't get me started on my housemate's mother and she doesn't even live here.

2. Rep:

Re: Housemate/Dormmate Stories

We're with six students in a student home, 3 girls & 3 boys. One girl has a boyfriend who sleeps over a few times a week. Sometimes anoying, sometimes I just don't care. An other girl just never EVER eats dinner with everybody else. Sad but ah well, her choice.

And like, everyone but me, just doesn't keep the kitchen clean. I mean, is wiping the table (or how do you say this, you know, when finished eating and everything is off the table) that hard? Leaving the sink at least a bit clean? I bet they don't do that at home :/

3. Rep:

This reminds me of vent threads. They never went well. And I'm reading all this and thinking everybody's houses are made outta glass. Just saying.

4. Rep:

Mm, never had a particularly bad roommate, but I had a dormmate that was really into PETA and veganism. She claimed she hated Christians and almost didn't want anything to do with me to start with... We got to know each other and bonded over horror movies and it worked out pretty well in the end. She moved out while I was in class one day, and then left school and moved to NYC with her boyfriend. I wonder how she's doing, nowadays...
    Musical Mod
    "No art is so subject to indiscriminate judgement as music." - Johann Joachim Quantz

5. Mod - AND ALL THAT JAZZ.
    Rep:

I'm living at home but it's still annoying, as everyone expects you to drop everything for uni and just become the maid when you're at home, like eff off, I have work to do, this presentation ain't gonna present itself.

6. Like DJ_Sam_909, donatello, spamwichx likes this post
  7. Super Moderator
    Rep:

oh lordy.

my freshman year roommate had lots of boundary issues. she'd go into my drawers when i wasn't in the room and borrow or use my stuff without asking me first, she'd go into my snack containers and my fridge and eat my food without asking me first, and her stuff would always be on my side of the room. not easy to deal with for me, being an only child and having a roommate for the first time ever. she also had an awful nervous habit where she'd cough a really specific cough literally once every minute. drove me nuts.

i was lucky because my sophomore year roommate was fantastic and became one of my best friends in college, but since my school cut the guys track team but couldn't cut the girls (title 9 stuff), her scholarship got cut instead so she had to leave the university and couldn't come back. i was planning on studying abroad that next year anyway so i wouldn't have been able to room with her anyway, but then since my abroad stuff failed, i had to apply for housing by myself for junior year, and got screwed over that way.

housing didn't ask me for a roommate survey, so they put me with this girl who woke up three hours earlier than i did, went to bed three hours earlier than i did, who snored, who was super super messy and loud, and who invited her friends over to pre game in the room every weekend before she'd go out. she'd wake me up in the morning with her obnoxiously loud routine and would slam the drawers and the doors so i couldn't go back to sleep, got sick all the time, and had a major attitude problem. since i have a few anxiety disorders, i very quickly was unable to fall asleep and whenever i'd confront her (politely) about the noise issue, she'd give me so much attitude that i couldn't deal. had to move out and into an apartment with a girl who went to sleep three hours later than me and refused to study anywhere else but the bedroom with all the lights on, and purposely did not want me in the apartment so she got all her apartment mates to gang up on me and purposely passive-agressively do things to piss me off or make me uncomfortable and inconvenience me. so i was forced to sleep on the couch and was still unable to sleep. so i had to move a second time within two months.

i got really really sick at this point because of sleep deprivation and my anxiety spiraling out of control so my parents finally had to come down and find me an apartment off campus by myself. I'm never having a roommate ever again.
    "I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

8. Like DJ_Sam_909, M3311, spamwichx likes this post
  9. Rep:

We're 7 guys on a floor. No problems, gossiping or bitching and stuff. We do prank each other and all but we're all buds. Contrary to popular belief, our floor is spotless and our kitchen is pretty hygenic, unlike the floors were girls are/used to be.

10. awe$▲m
    Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by digital*aria View Post
    I'm never having a roommate ever again.
    oh my yeezus girl that last one sounds like a mega biatch, I'm sort of thinking the same thing because i would be able to keep track of my bills, not have to share and worry if a housemate has the air con all night or whatever. it's tough to set rules with my housemate because she is also the landlord so she can play that "i own the house" bull****. Yeah cool she owns the house but she forgets i'm helping her paying her mortgage, and if it wasn't here, she wouldn't be able to afford her mortgage at all.

I tell you guys about my housemate's mother right. The day I moved in, I put all my belongings on the floor so i could sort it out and pack it all in. The mother comes in and says "oh you have a lot of **** in your room" gets a tape measure, and measures out the supposed size for a queen bed frame and says I won't fit my bed in there. Well guess what darling I had plenty of room because my stuff wasn't packed into the wardrobe. Plus she thought it was weird I don't watch tv in the day time and when i agreed to be a tenant too she served herself a cold drink and left me and my mother hot sprite to drink. disrespectful.

RESPECT YOUR HOUSEMATES PPL

11. Like DJ_Sam_909, M3311, piroteki likes this post
  12. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

don't really have any stories. my roommates were all reasonably ok.

i got frustrated at my first high school roommate because she was too perfect and people would always be coming by looking for her and she'd never be around. one of her friends didn't even bother with pleasantries of "how are you?" and just left when she realized my roommate wasn't in... not really my roommate's fault exactly, though!

another high school roommate was Chinese and would sometimes sleeptalk in Chinese, but that was more amusing (for the both of us lol) than anything else! (though i do remember being annoyed at her always studying on Saturday morning because like overachiever. and i was like "jesus, do something other than study for once!!" again, not really her fault i was annoyed, though. hahah)

i mean tbh, in at least one (maybe two...) uni apartments, i was probably the bad roommate, because i always procrastinated on dishes (though i did at least rinse them out first, so they weren't like molding over... just, um... "soaking" for a really long time... lol)

two of my five uni years i lived with really close friends, so that was pretty cool.

oh wait! i do remember my first uni roommate twice brought dudes to our room (and at that time it was an actual room, not an appartement, so like... :s) and... i woke up to... sounds of something happening, but being too afraid to actually figure out what it was. DDD: one time the guy was still there sleeping (with roommate gone) not only when i woke up, but also after i got back from my first class... strange shirtless Brazilian guy. actually terrifying... damn i had forgotten about that! (she did apologize at least!) that was really it i guess!
    Last edited by piroteki; 14th Feb 2014 at 12:30.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

13. Like john_marston likes this post
  14. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by piroteki View Post
    another high school roommate was Chinese and would sometimes sleeptalk in Chinese, but that was more amusing (for the both of us lol) than anything else!
    Haha that is good stuff! I might use that in a comedy sketch I'm going to make with an Asian friend of mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast