1. Rep:

Electroma pants help

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Ok idk where to post this thread so I posted it here. But anyways I'm having a hard time finding the electroma pants. Does anybody know where I can get a pair that isn't ridiculously expensive?

2. Rep:

Re: Electroma pants help

Short answer is no.

Nobody makes them. You'll have make the patterns then get someone to make them for you. Yes, it will be expensive. There is no cheap way to make them.
    Remember, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise... and many Bothans died to bring you this post! www.facebook.com/9336industries

3. Like daft_mate likes this post
  4. Rep:

Damnit this is just like the biker scout gloves. I know marching antz used to make pants but now they don't. Of course as soon as I'm getting into my costume.this is just like the scout gloves,when I was making my costume nobody was making gloves.

5. Rep:

Do you know how much that would cost? I don't want to spend like $200 on some freakin pants

6. Rep:

On the note of scout gloves... Wampa Wear offers them now.

And have you tried contacting marching antz about the pants? They don't list them on ebay but will sell you them via ebay message. Thats what I did in October. I believe the pants were $175 tailored

7. Rep:

Lol I have the wampa wear gloves and they're amazing. And I emailed him and its $135 +$35 shipping for the pants. It's $345 for the pants and non studded jacket combo which I'm going to end up getting
    Last edited by Donovan; 9th Mar 2014 at 08:07.

8. Rep:

That's better than what I paid for the non studded combo 6 months ago. Make sure to give exact measurements because leather isn't too forgiving.

9. Rep:

Marching Antz never made the pants piped. I find it hard to believe they were actually tailored...that has to be done in person. Pants in general are a pain in the rear.

For reference:
    Volpin's leathers by GSTQF was $8,000.
    My first set was $700.
    My second set was close to $1,200.

Daft Punk isn't a costume you're going to do for $500. Much much less $200 on "freaking pants." Better start saving, or pick something else to finish.
    Remember, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise... and many Bothans died to bring you this post! www.facebook.com/9336industries

10. Rep:

My marching antz pants aren't perfect but they used every measurement I gave them perfectly and came out great. They're a great starting place for a daft punk costumer. Hell, they fit me better than my boba fett flight suit did initially and I spent $400 on that alone. I do plan on upgrading leather later on but not anytime soon. Perfectly happy with mine as it is.

I have one the most expensive Boba Fetts in the 501st. It's a character close to my heart. I've cut no corners with my Daft except the marching antz leathers. Just because Daft is your biggest priority Kevin doesn't mean everyone is willing to spend a thousand bucks on a leather set. I am but not everyone is. People have different priorities.
    Last edited by WBE; 9th Mar 2014 at 21:50.

11. Rep:

Yeah, but what Donovon is looking for is something like what I, or Volpin have. The hardest thing to do is the ribbed sections. I was fair in my statement, and honest. I've been done this road twice, and soon to be three times now.

That's why I said to pick either Daft or scout. Nobody likes doing something that will bug them to eventually re-do it. I don't like having to pay for the same real estate twice, if I can do right the first time, and steer people in the right direction and not make the same mistakes I've made on my own kit. Since both are relatively expensive costumes, going back and forth will make finishing them take a really long time.

The marching antz leathers for intensive purposes are the same general shapes, and John Q Public won't know the difference unless you stood next to someone who had a suit derived from GSTQF's patterns.

For everyone else:

Marching Antz:
    Pros;
    -Affordable
    -Looks like the HAA suits designed by Heidi Slimane for Dior Homme
    -Made to measurements
    Cons;
    -Plain leather instead of the ribbed sections for the elbows, flanks, butt, and knees.
    -Neck tab is way to far apart, as are the buttons on the tab.
    -Not enough interfacing (the stuff that makes it stiff)

Custom made/ GSTQF:
    Pros;
    -Made to fit just you
    -As accurate as you want to make it
    -Ribbed sections as per the original design by Heidi Slimane
    -Getting fitted for one just made to you is the same way DP got theirs done
    Cons;
    -Expensive (Mine was 1.2k)
    -Lengthy time frame* (Depends on your seamstress, between all the fittings it took 4 months for my whole suit.)
    -Wrong measurements can, and will screw you over (same for both, but the ribbed sections are extremely tricky and getting the cuff on the elbows, or knees wrong will result in your suit being uncomfortable.)

Notes for people making their own on GSTQF. Make sure you use a ton of interfacing and find someone extremely competent on sewing leather. It is NOT the same as just sewing fabric. Make sure you agree on a time frame for completion and no hidden costs are evident. I didn't use interfacing on my jacket, and the studs are too far apart and standing next to Volpin you can tell the difference (among other things). Without interfacing your jacket stretches and bunches up when you flex instead of looking like it lays flat, and smoothly upon your frame.

That all said, my jacket is far from perfect, and why I am selling it.

Dragon*Con 2013 by TK9336, on Flickr

Dragon*Con 2013 by Thomas Spanos by TK9336, on Flickr

(Notice how the leather stretches on my chest, and not on Volpins.)

(Cam, Myself, Volpin, and guy from NY who has MA leathers.)
    Last edited by TK-9336; 9th Mar 2014 at 22:55.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast