1. Rep:

Re: Synthesizers

Remove this ad: become a supporter

Roland is reissuing their classic JP-08, JU-06, & JX-03 synthesizers as boutique modules.
    $300 each, except JP-08 is $400
    There is also an optional 25 key keybed for $100, you can attach the module and adjustable positions.
    Sadly, they are going the digital route again like with their Aira line.
    Though I do love the System-1M and MX-1 mixer.
    But not too excited about this.

If Korg can reissue the MS-20 and Arp Odyssey as analogs for cheap, why not Roland?
    They really need to get with the program.

2. Rep:

This vid shows some of the Aira line in action...
    Along with some other goodies, like the Access Virus TI2 Polar & Moog Sub 37 (my babies)...

Pt. 1
    http://instagram.com/p/7ZbgqEwIdo/?t...y=neorev_music

Pt. 2
    https://instagram.com/p/7Zbvk-QId1/?...y=neorev_music

3. Rep:
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place

ACB is apparently better than the analog freaks make it out to be. I'm sitting next to my GAIA wondering if it's time to move up in quality...

Another important feature; these synths have 4 note polyphony from the start, but you can chain two together to make it 8 voices and even have one control the other from the panel.

These are also said to be limited edition. Not sure why these boxes would be limited edition, but whatever floats your boat.

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N View Post
    ACB is apparently better than the analog freaks make it out to be. I'm sitting next to my GAIA wondering if it's time to move up in quality...

Another important feature; these synths have 4 note polyphony from the start, but you can chain two together to make it 8 voices and even have one control the other from the panel.

These are also said to be limited edition. Not sure why these boxes would be limited edition, but whatever floats your boat.
    I tested a TR-8 in a store and I really liked how it sounded. I wonder how good those Boutique synths will sound, I'm really hyped about the Jupiter and Juno but I coudn't care less for the Jx3p, for that money I rather get the real thing. Also the 4 voices... .

5. Rep:

I quite like the Aira line from Roland...
    I own the MX-1, TR-8, TB-3, VT-3, & System-1M
    My set up is a mix of digital and analog.

I really have to hear these bad boys in action to see how I feel about them.

I really want to get my hands on the MFB Dominion 1... it's analog synth that I heard compared to a Korg Monopoly.

I like to mix up software and hardware, each has their strengths and weaknesses.
    But together, you can get a nice balance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123