1. Rep:
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place

Synthesizers

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    For that feel when no gf.

Starting with the obvious:

DP's modular used in TRON: Legacy soundtrack and RAM. Custom-built by Modcan, rumored to have cost $50,000. deadmau5 wanted an exact replica; not sure if he actually has one, but I know it would've cost him even more than what DP payed.

2. Rep:

Re: Synthesizers

Why more? Because deadmau5?

3. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadermader View Post
    Why more? Because deadmau5?
    Probably because he wants the EXACT one, like down to every last detail lol.
    I know Deadmau5 has had a modcan for a while now, but im not sure if its 100% the same tho.

♥♥♥♥♥

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by jayjaybirdsnest View Post
    Probably because he wants the EXACT one, like down to every last detail lol.
    I know Deadmau5 has had a modcan for a while now, but im not sure if its 100% the same tho.
    Deadmau5 has a massive modular synth collection going I guess, he also has a massive money collection, so for him this was just another toy.
    Anyway, I love synthesizers. Most people on here should be familiar of the Roland Juno-106. It's probably my favourite.
    Rest In Peace: Romanthony, singer of one more time, passed away suddenly on May 7th, at the age of 46.

5. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by That feel when no gf View Post
    Deadmau5 has a massive modular synth collection going I guess, he also has a massive money collection, so for him this was just another toy.
    Anyway, I love synthesizers. Most people on here should be familiar of the Roland Juno-106. It's probably my favourite.
    That was used for rollin n scratchin yeah?
    Im looking into buying a new synth, but cant decide if i want a used 106, ms-20 mini or a minibrute.
    So many differences.

♥♥♥♥♥

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by jayjaybirdsnest View Post
    That was used for rollin n scratchin yeah?
    Im looking into buying a new synth, but cant decide if i want a used 106, ms-20 mini or a minibrute.
    So many differences.
    Yep, it was used in R&S. A lot of people think that R&S was played with different notes, well, it actually wasn't it was just DP messing with the pitch and modulation wheels.
    The MS-20 Mini is amazing apparently, but that's if you're really into modulars. The MiniBrute is probably a more user-friendly and modern one, but it's a lot smaller than the other 2. The Juno-106 is a classic, I would recommend that, just due to all of the great songs that it's been used on.
    Rest In Peace: Romanthony, singer of one more time, passed away suddenly on May 7th, at the age of 46.

7. Rep:

If you are looking for some unique synth programming, I'd recommend watching Jexus on Youtube. His videos are weird, but the sounds he gets from some of these synths are amazing.

Also, Korg's announced that they're re-making the ARP Odyssey themselves. The Odyssey was released around the same time as the equally-famous Minimoog (and one of the versions even had a copy of it's filter) and demands just as much money today.

This announcement came after the "disappointment" that was/is Roland's Aria line. Roland is sinking quality-wise, and Korg continues to impress with more analogs. Imagine telling this to someone in the 80s!

8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N View Post
    If you are looking for some unique synth programming, I'd recommend watching Jexus on Youtube. His videos are weird, but the sounds he gets from some of these synths are amazing.

Also, Korg's announced that they're re-making the ARP Odyssey themselves. The Odyssey was released around the same time as the equally-famous Minimoog (and one of the versions even had a copy of it's filter) and demands just as much money today.

This announcement came after the "disappointment" that was/is Roland's Aria line. Roland is sinking quality-wise, and Korg continues to impress with more analogs. Imagine telling this to someone in the 80s!
    What's so bad about the Aria's? They seem cool. Too bad they only did the mainstream stuff by them (e.g the 303, VT-1, etc) and nothing weird like some of the old unpopular synthesizers from way back when.
    Also I can't wait for that ARP Odyssey. It looks amazing, and the MS-20 Mini was the opposite of a disappointment.
    Have you guys heard of EMS? Some studio from the late 60's and early 70's made some crazy machines! This is called a Synthi 100:

Look at that beast. I love reading about EMS, they had such great sounds coming from those machines, I hope Korg remakes some of them, haha.

9. Like STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N likes this post
  10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by That feel when no gf View Post
    What's so bad about the Aria's? They seem cool. Too bad they only did the mainstream stuff by them (e.g the 303, VT-1, etc) and nothing weird like some of the old unpopular synthesizers from way back when.

Everyone's just sick and tired of Roland making "analog emulations" when they could be doing what Korg, Dave Instruments, Moog, and Aturia are doing and make actual analog.

11. Like jayjaybirdsnest likes this post
  12. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N View Post
    Everyone's just sick and tired of Roland making "analog emulations" when they could be doing what Korg, Dave Instruments, Moog, and Aturia are doing and make actual analog.
    Ahh, I don't think they look that bad. Although it might be a lot better and more nostalgic if they literally did the exact same machine. So you mean they're doing a Native Instruments style thing, were it's more digital than analogue?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast