Results 11 to 20 of 91
  1. Rep:
    CptJellyPants's Avatar
    Posts
    165
    Points
    531
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Isle Of Wight, England
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk View Post
    It definitely means something. Maybe it means that they have left the "RAM Era".
    that's exactly what I thought, the end of the RAM era.

  2. Rep:
    Posts
    1,860
    Points
    5,381
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    Quote Originally Posted by daft_mate View Post
    First of all, I agree with you when you say that the page usually only ever gets updated for a reason, but how on earth is it a hint? It could mean loads of things that make way more sense. A) The Instant Crush music video came out in November, it's March now. Whether this means that they wanted to take that one down while they're working on the art for their next single, who knows, but it's a bit outdated. B)Don't forget that this black and white logo was already used in the ads that they aired on SNL for Random Access Memories earlier last year, so people are already familiar with this. And C)Refer to A and B, also the fact that it's pointless to get crazy over something that almost means absolutely nothing.
    When did I say I was getting crazy? I have the usual straight face that I always have...nothing's changing where I'm coming from. I simply meant that it may mean something, and that's probably likely. Nothing more to it for the time being really.


  3. Rep:
    Cybercat5555's Avatar
    Posts
    220
    Points
    808
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Paradise
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    I really don't think that RAM-era is ending, and it's not a tour, they said that they want some more new stuff to work with first. I mean, it hasn't even been a year yet! Most likely, it was changed from IC because that's old news now.
    If anything, it might be for a remix album, because that unused clear glittery logo was somewhat white, and it might change to that soon. But still, that's just random thoughts right now.
    But most likely, it was changed back just because it looks better with their page.

  4. Like Daftelia likes this post
  5. Rep:
    daft_mate's Avatar
    Posts
    2,661
    Points
    7,775
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    Quote Originally Posted by CptJellyPants View Post
    that's exactly what I thought, the end of the RAM era.
    Like I said, that logo was originally used to promote RAM in the ads they aired on SNL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retr0 View Post
    When did I say I was getting crazy? I have the usual straight face that I always have...nothing's changing where I'm coming from. I simply meant that it may mean something, and that's probably likely. Nothing more to it for the time being really.
    Maybe not you, but DaftPony seemed really optimistic about it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybercat5555 View Post
    I really don't think that RAM-era is ending, and it's not a tour, they said that they want some more new stuff to work with first. I mean, it hasn't even been a year yet! Most likely, it was changed from IC because that's old news now.
    If anything, it might be for a remix album, because that unused clear glittery logo was somewhat white, and it might change to that soon. But still, that's just random thoughts right now.
    But most likely, it was changed back just because it looks better with their page.
    Got to admit, a remix album does sound nice and yeah you've got a point there, they said they wanted more material so I don't see why people would think it's a tour. Oh and don't even talk about a Musique Vol.2, that most likely won't be happening for a long time.
    Last edited by daft_mate; 13th Mar 2014 at 21:20.
    https://soundcloud.com/itsjenik
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi405 View Post
    There is always room for your life to get weirder
    "Idc bye"

  6. Like CptJellyPants likes this post
  7. Rep:
    DaftPony's Avatar
    Posts
    666
    Points
    2,660
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    wait

    >no concert till new material

    i
    i don't
    okay

    "And we will never be alone again...because it doesn't happen everyday..."



  8. Like Arni, Mr. Hoosteen likes this post
  9. Rep:
    HUMAN123's Avatar
    Posts
    1,575
    Points
    4,684
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    I think it means something forsure. I think if they wanted to change it from the IC video still, they would've changed it back to the cover of the album released less than a year ago that is still a current thing, seeing as they haven't released anything since and how it won the biggest award in mainstream music.
    check out my Soundcloud if u like

    https://soundcloud.com/julesmercertunez



  10. Rep:
    daft_mate's Avatar
    Posts
    2,661
    Points
    7,775
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    I just hope that they don't rush to do the tour just because people will probably start riots if they don't do it within the next year or so. Take your time, make it awesome, don't hesitate on releasing new material. And don't ever change your FB cover photo because I'll admit it did rustle my jimmies a bit when I very first saw it.
    Last edited by daft_mate; 13th Mar 2014 at 21:26.
    https://soundcloud.com/itsjenik
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi405 View Post
    There is always room for your life to get weirder
    "Idc bye"

  11. Rep:
    DaftPony's Avatar
    Posts
    666
    Points
    2,660
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    Quote Originally Posted by daft_mate View Post
    I just hope that they don't rush to do the tour just because people will probably start riots if they don't do it within the next year or so. Take your time, make it awesome, don't hesitate on releasing new material. And don't ever change your FB cover photo because I'll admit it did rustle my jimmies a bit when I very first saw it.
    I predict a riot! I predict a riiioooot! >: D

    "And we will never be alone again...because it doesn't happen everyday..."



  12. Rep:
    Posts
    1,860
    Points
    5,381
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    Quote Originally Posted by daft_mate View Post
    Maybe not you, but DaftPony seemed really optimistic about it lol.
    Meh, he's optimistic about everything. Always thinking it's a tour :3


  13. Like daft_mate likes this post
  14. Rep:
    daft_mate's Avatar
    Posts
    2,661
    Points
    7,775
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    When are those remixes going to be released DP? You said you'd do more than just one! Getting a bit off topic but if I wanted it to mean anything, it'd be dis.
    https://soundcloud.com/itsjenik
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi405 View Post
    There is always room for your life to get weirder
    "Idc bye"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My Guy-Manuel helmet [LEDs incoming]
    By Blitzkin in forum Daft Punk Helmets - Tutorials, Tips and your Helmets
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11th Mar 2012, 23:33