1. Rep:
    Exclamation

Something big incoming?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Hello everyone, so I just noticed that official daft punk facebook site changed it's page cover photo to this: LINK
    So what do you think, is it just an update so the cover isn't the figure from instant crush music video, I think that could be the reason because it is pretty old, but it still may be a promotion for a tour or something.

2. Like Cyberpunk likes this post
  3. Rep:

Re: Something big incoming?

It definitely means something. Maybe it means that they have left the "RAM Era", and they have returned to a general Daft Punk era. Thomas said in an interview, that IF they go on a tour again, it won't be dedicated to RAM, but it will be a comprehensive discography tour.

4. Like Daftelia, john_marston, Retr0 likes this post
  5. Rep:

Oh god

Please

It better be a tour

I've been waiting so long

"And we will never be alone again...because it doesn't happen everyday..."

6. Rep:

It's definitely an era shift or something...I mean whatever it may be( still early days here) all we know is that it's something. Something small, something mega. Who knows.

This site emerged not long after they'd changed their cover photo, but was busted by some coders, straight up fake unfortunately: http://daftlife2013.com/

7. Rep:

Why is everybody making such a big deal out of this? And "shift of era?" I would like someone to explain this. I'd think differently if the logo had something unique about it or if it looked totally different, but for now it's just a cover change and nothing else(at least to me anyways).

And btw I wouldn't recommend that you even start to assume that this is a tour.
    https://soundcloud.com/itsjenik
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi405 View Post
    There is always room for your life to get weirder
    "Idc bye"

8. Like Firefly likes this post
  9. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by daft_mate View Post
    Why is everybody making such a big deal out of this? And "shift of era?" I would like someone to explain this. I'd think differently if the logo had something unique about it or if it looked totally different, but for now it's just a cover change and nothing else(at least to me anyways).

And btw I wouldn't recommend that you even start to assume that this is a tour.
    The whole point is, that they don't just change the freaking thing because they feel like it, they only ever update this page for a reason. Yes it is just the same logo, but what were you really expecting a new one? Subtle little hints like this keep us on our toes; it has to mean something.

With them, it often always does...even though you're obviously blind to it at first.

10. Like Arni likes this post
  11. Rep:

I like to be optimistic, but I do think this is just a simple cover photo switch to make the FB page look better since the IC video has been out for quite some time

12. Like piroteki, Daftelia likes this post
  13. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Retr0 View Post
    The whole point is, that they don't just change the freaking thing because they feel like it, they only ever update this page for a reason. Yes it is just the same logo, but what were you really expecting a new one? Subtle little hints like this keep us on our toes; it has to mean something.

With them, it often always does...even though you're obviously blind to it at first.
    First of all, I agree with you when you say that the page usually only ever gets updated for a reason, but how on earth is it a hint? It could mean loads of things that make way more sense. A) The Instant Crush music video came out in November, it's March now. Whether this means that they wanted to take that one down while they're working on the art for their next single, who knows, but it's a bit outdated. B)Don't forget that this black and white logo was already used in the ads that they aired on SNL for Random Access Memories earlier last year, so people are already familiar with this. And C)Refer to A and B, also the fact that it's pointless to get crazy over something that almost means absolutely nothing.
    "Idc bye"

14. Rep:

b-b-b-but muh concerts

"And we will never be alone again...because it doesn't happen everyday..."

15. Like Firefly, donatello, Arni likes this post
  16. Rep:

I do hope that they still do a tour, but there's not really anything in this that could make me even begin to believe that it means something. And if I did and it turned out it was absolutely un-significant, I'd probably cry. And I hope that the RAM era hasn't ended, I'd like to see at least one or two more singles from this album.
    "Idc bye"

17. Like Firefly likes this post
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast