Results 1 to 10 of 91
  1. Rep:
    Arni's Avatar
    Posts
    412
    Points
    1,649
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Rzeszów, Poland
    Exclamation

    Something big incoming?

    Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Hello everyone, so I just noticed that official daft punk facebook site changed it's page cover photo to this: LINK
    So what do you think, is it just an update so the cover isn't the figure from instant crush music video, I think that could be the reason because it is pretty old, but it still may be a promotion for a tour or something.

  2. Like Cyberpunk likes this post
  3. Rep:
    Cyberpunk's Avatar
    Posts
    176
    Points
    729
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    It definitely means something. Maybe it means that they have left the "RAM Era", and they have returned to a general Daft Punk era. Thomas said in an interview, that IF they go on a tour again, it won't be dedicated to RAM, but it will be a comprehensive discography tour.

  4. Like Daftelia, john_marston, Retr0 likes this post
  5. Rep:
    DaftPony's Avatar
    Posts
    666
    Points
    2,660
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    Oh god

    Please

    It better be a tour

    I've been waiting so long

    "And we will never be alone again...because it doesn't happen everyday..."



  6. Rep:
    Posts
    1,860
    Points
    5,381
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    It's definitely an era shift or something...I mean whatever it may be( still early days here) all we know is that it's something. Something small, something mega. Who knows.

    This site emerged not long after they'd changed their cover photo, but was busted by some coders, straight up fake unfortunately: http://daftlife2013.com/


  7. Rep:
    daft_mate's Avatar
    Posts
    2,661
    Points
    7,775
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    Why is everybody making such a big deal out of this? And "shift of era?" I would like someone to explain this. I'd think differently if the logo had something unique about it or if it looked totally different, but for now it's just a cover change and nothing else(at least to me anyways).

    And btw I wouldn't recommend that you even start to assume that this is a tour.
    https://soundcloud.com/itsjenik
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi405 View Post
    There is always room for your life to get weirder
    "Idc bye"

  8. Like Firefly likes this post
  9. Rep:
    Posts
    1,860
    Points
    5,381
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    Quote Originally Posted by daft_mate View Post
    Why is everybody making such a big deal out of this? And "shift of era?" I would like someone to explain this. I'd think differently if the logo had something unique about it or if it looked totally different, but for now it's just a cover change and nothing else(at least to me anyways).

    And btw I wouldn't recommend that you even start to assume that this is a tour.
    The whole point is, that they don't just change the freaking thing because they feel like it, they only ever update this page for a reason. Yes it is just the same logo, but what were you really expecting a new one? Subtle little hints like this keep us on our toes; it has to mean something.

    With them, it often always does...even though you're obviously blind to it at first.


  10. Like Arni likes this post
  11. Rep:
    john_marston's Avatar
    Posts
    2,184
    Points
    7,074
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    I like to be optimistic, but I do think this is just a simple cover photo switch to make the FB page look better since the IC video has been out for quite some time

  12. Like piroteki, Daftelia likes this post
  13. Rep:
    daft_mate's Avatar
    Posts
    2,661
    Points
    7,775
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Retr0 View Post
    The whole point is, that they don't just change the freaking thing because they feel like it, they only ever update this page for a reason. Yes it is just the same logo, but what were you really expecting a new one? Subtle little hints like this keep us on our toes; it has to mean something.

    With them, it often always does...even though you're obviously blind to it at first.
    First of all, I agree with you when you say that the page usually only ever gets updated for a reason, but how on earth is it a hint? It could mean loads of things that make way more sense. A) The Instant Crush music video came out in November, it's March now. Whether this means that they wanted to take that one down while they're working on the art for their next single, who knows, but it's a bit outdated. B)Don't forget that this black and white logo was already used in the ads that they aired on SNL for Random Access Memories earlier last year, so people are already familiar with this. And C)Refer to A and B, also the fact that it's pointless to get crazy over something that almost means absolutely nothing.
    https://soundcloud.com/itsjenik
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi405 View Post
    There is always room for your life to get weirder
    "Idc bye"

  14. Rep:
    DaftPony's Avatar
    Posts
    666
    Points
    2,660
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    b-b-b-but muh concerts

    "And we will never be alone again...because it doesn't happen everyday..."



  15. Like Firefly, donatello, Arni likes this post
  16. Rep:
    daft_mate's Avatar
    Posts
    2,661
    Points
    7,775
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Default

    Re: Something big incoming?

    I do hope that they still do a tour, but there's not really anything in this that could make me even begin to believe that it means something. And if I did and it turned out it was absolutely un-significant, I'd probably cry. And I hope that the RAM era hasn't ended, I'd like to see at least one or two more singles from this album.
    https://soundcloud.com/itsjenik
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi405 View Post
    There is always room for your life to get weirder
    "Idc bye"

  17. Like Firefly likes this post
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My Guy-Manuel helmet [LEDs incoming]
    By Blitzkin in forum Daft Punk Helmets - Tutorials, Tips and your Helmets
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11th Mar 2012, 23:33