1. Default

"Why I Love Jimi Hendrix" - NME, January 2004

Remove this ad: become a supporter

This is a short interview with Thomas about his admiration for Jimi Hendrix. Even though it’s a somewhat random subject, these few paragraphs provide an enlightening look into DP’s early years. Thomas talks about how he and Guy-Man became big fans of Hendrix when they first met, and Electric Ladyland was the first album that Guy-Man gave Thomas to listen to. In another interview, Guy-Man said that around the time he and Thomas met, another friend of his turned him on to lots of music that was outside the mainstream at the time, including Jimi Hendrix. In turn, Guy-Man turned Thomas on to this kind of music, and that is how their mutual tastes in music developed.

Stylistically, Jimi Hendrix was a big influence on Daft Punk, both in being experimental and a great performer. He, along with their many other musical idols, were prime examples of glam and the power of an onstage presence, which is part of the reason why DP adopted the robot personas. It’s pretty cool how DP have, once again, come full circle by recording RAM in part at Hendrix’s Electric Lady Studios in New York.

Click here -> download zip file -> comin' to getcha
    Last edited by ifcwdjd; 8th Oct 2016 at 01:40.

2. Like MrScorpio, Modjo, Ridley likes this post
  3. Rep:
    The Pon de Rosa.... Where they grow the doja

Re: "Why I Love Jimi Hendrix" - NME, January 2004

Jimi couldn't read or write sheet music and was an entirely self-taught guitarist, which resulted in a unique style that changed popular music indefinitely. What a boss!

I love the fact that over 20 years after his death, his work would inspire and aid the development of the musical taste of Daft Punk, who would then go on to be arguably the most influential group in what is currently known as Electronic Dance Music.

4. Like CherieD'Amoure, ifcwdjd likes this post
  5. Rep:

Re: "Why I Love Jimi Hendrix" - NME, January 2004

Very very cool interview! nice find !

Quote Originally Posted by smokeweedeveryday View Post
    I love the fact that over 20 years after his death, his work would inspire and aid the development of the musical taste of Daft Punk, who would then go on to be arguably the most influential group in what is currently known as Electronic Dance Music.
    To this day, many musicians are still influenced by Jimi Hendrix's music, thank the gods for that. His way's of guitar play are both mesmerizing and inspirational i believe.