1. Rep:

Re: 2015 Daft Punk Documentary (BBC Worldwide)

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I love how the one time something relating to Daft Punk happens and it seems like literally almost no one cares
    ​~ i am cool ~

2. Like Baconboy likes this post
  3. Rep:

I haven't been following DP very closely the past several months, but I had to come out of hiding to say that this documentary was really good, much better than I expected. Even though it was in French and I couldn't understand the majority of it, the doc was very informative and interesting.

I thought the best part was the beginning where they showed a lot of stuff about Darlin', which was mostly news to me. I just about fainted when I saw the video footage of them from one of their early gigs, and apparently a song we've never heard before. And those publicity photos that Daniel Dauxerre showed were wonderful: young punks. All the early footage, of them walking on the streets in their masks was very good, too. They must have had some good connections in getting all of this rarely-seen footage.

I wish they hadn't dubbed the non-French speaking interviewees over in French, it was really annoying. They should have used subtitles. Sometimes they did use subtitles, and sometimes they dubbed, so it wasn't very consistent. The person they used to dub over Paul Williams was ridiculous: they tried to make him sound old, but he just sounded like he'd just crawled out of the desert and was suffering from severe dehydration... glurg, water, water.

Where was DJ Falcon? He seemed to be the one glaring omission. He's been with them since the late 90's. I was glad to see they included Gildas a little bit, Busy P, and Eric Chedeville (I guess Cedric Hervet still isn't too keen on doing interviews, I wish he would, he's been with them probably the longest.) Anyway, overall great documentary, they really put a lot of effort into it.

4. Like CherieD'Amoure, Fundave likes this post
  5. Rep:

Yeah, I honestly have no idea why people are so quiet now.

By the way, finished subtitles. Some grammatical errors but overall it's fine:
    http://daft.club/media/daft-punk-unchained-subtitles/

Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

6. Like Chillout, Robbeh likes this post
  7. Rep:

the documentary is up with very well done fan-made subtitles.

http://daft.club/media/daft-punk-unchained-subtitles/

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567