Tags:
film,
ram,
ram film
  1. Rep:
    Lightbulb

The RAM Fan-Film

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Get everybody, it's me Bradandez, I'm here once more on the forum. Where have I been? You know when people ask those kinds of questions, they tend to regret it and end up getting hurt, so don't say I didn't warn you...

Anyways, I've been listening to Random Access Memories quite a lot and it turns out it is my favorite album. I've learn to appreciate the album and all of its songs. I love them all. BUTT! That's not why I am writing this thread. Okay, well it is the main reason why I am writing this but onto the main point.

Like many of you know, I kinda am creative and a creative mind cannot be bound for long or else it withers. Listening to RAM only makes me want to create something. Something big and bold! I want to direct a film based on Random Access Memories.

Granted it does sound a bit extreme and I agree it is.Right now, it's just an idea. Though anythings possible, right? I've got some ideas for what the songs and visuals maybe like for example:

Touch:

The "Touch" segment would be about a group of scientists who have happen to stumble upon a disc titled 'Touch'. One scientist is beckoned by the voice that plays in the beginning of the song. The scientist inserts the disc into the main computer and we hear Paul's voice coming out of it and his part plays until we hit the instrumental part of the song. That's when all the smaller screens (on the smaller computers around the main computer Paul's voice was playing on) start going haywire and display colorful screens and images. The scientists are bewildered by this and somewhat frightened by this. The chorus does the same thing to the screens as they are sync until all the screens instantly go black. We hear Paul's voice one last time as he sings the last part of the song, and that's when the main computer dies. The disc then ejects itself out.

Motherboard:

The "Motherboard" segment is basically showcasing the futuristic 4000 orchestra. They play their futuristic instruments which create a bubble showing the beauty of the world and ends with footage of rippling water.

Hopefully, I won't be doing this by myself and hope other people may collaborate with this as well. Express their ideas and what not. Again, this is just an idea at the moment. Feedback is appreciated.

2. Rep:
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place

Re: The RAM Fan-Film

I have tons of ideas and I'd be happy to contribute.

3. Like Champiness likes this post
  4. Rep:

I also have an idea for a RAM film bubbling in my mind. Its also far from completion, only including the first few tracks and Touch. It's the opposite of Electroma, detailing the beginning if the robots, as opposed to the end of them. It's a rock opera that uses RAM as the soundtrack, with each song telling about a different part of DP's life as robots, starting with the 9/9/99 accident, and their later involvement with a secretly evil (they don't know that) record label and its owner, Swan (Paul Williams). It's also and indirect sequel to Phantom of the Paradise, one of the Robot's biggest inspirations.

Read what I have so far here.

Any ideas for the other tracks would be appreciated!

5. Rep:

Something with a spaceship, but a live-action movie would be nice. Maybe a set like this

6. Rep:

I'll give a full response in due time. Lovely ideas so far!