1. Rep:

Ideas for Daft Punk Remixes

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    This is an open thread, just comment some DP songs you think that would sound good together. Anything from Homework, Tron Legacy, RAM, or just something they helped work on. Feel free to discuss them just keep it friendly. I'm trying to think of some ideas that could work for a remix album i'm cooking up! c:

2. Rep:

Re: Ideas for Daft Punk Remixes

What about songs by other artists mashed-up with a DP-related song? Because I've been compiling a list of songs that I think would make great mash-ups and one of them is Gust of Wind by Pharrell Williams vs. Immigrants by The M Machine.

Also, Around The World vs. The Island Pt. I by Pendulum sounded pretty good when I poorly attempted it a few years ago.

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

3. Like Shanio likes this post
  4. Rep:

Hypnotize U - NERD / Derezzed they both have the same kick. Though derezzed is much faster, i think the two can be mashed up pretty good.

5. Rep:

Gust of Wind and Lose Yourself to Dance goes together perfectly,
    also Get Lucky and Touch

6. Rep:
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sam_909 View Post
    Gust of Wind by Pharrell Williams vs. Immigrants by The M Machine.

Also, Around The World vs. The Island Pt. I by Pendulum sounded pretty good when I poorly attempted it a few years ago.

For a second I thought you said "Phantom Pt. I", and I thought "What weed were you smoking, man?" But that idea sounds interesting.

Gust of Wind vs Immigrants, you're going to need to take them to a common key, which shouldn't be too hard because Immigrants is in D and GoW is in F (both are minor as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Minion 909 View Post
    Hypnotize U - NERD / Derezzed they both have the same kick. Though derezzed is much faster, i think the two can be mashed up pretty good.
    Not sure if this could work pitch-wise. Hypnotize U is in A and Derezzed is in Eb, which is almost a perfect 5th away from each other. Even if you adjusted the pitch, one would have to sound really weird unless you got REALLY creative.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirlyBiscuits View Post
    Gust of Wind and Lose Yourself to Dance goes together perfectly,
    also Get Lucky and Touch

Same as here: GoW and LYtD are a perfect 5th away (GoW is F and LYtD is Bb). Doubt that'll work very well too.

Get Lucky and Touch is obvious. Same key, same chord progression (during most of Touch), sounds like a great idea.

I know it seems like I'm shooting everyone's idea down, but I'm honestly sick and tired of hearing horrible mixes of songs that are horrible because the songs are all in different keys and the creator just beat-matched them together (sometimes they don't!) and played them together, uploaded them to Youtube or Soundcloud, and expected it to be great. Worse, there are some tone-deaf people out there who encourage them because they don't realize that they are in the wrong key.

This is coming from a guy with perfect pitch who doesn't want to see (hear) you guys crash and burn on what could be an amazing project.

7. Like Camerabob1, DJ_Sam_909, Dave199 likes this post
  8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N View Post
    I know it seems like I'm shooting everyone's idea down, but I'm honestly sick and tired of hearing horrible mixes of songs that are horrible because the songs are all in different keys and the creator just beat-matched them together (sometimes they don't!) and played them together, uploaded them to Youtube or Soundcloud, and expected it to be great. Worse, there are some tone-deaf people out there who encourage them because they don't realize that they are in the wrong key.

This is coming from a guy with perfect pitch who doesn't want to see (hear) you guys crash and burn on what could be an amazing project.
    You would've hated 15-year-old Sam. Listening back to all my old mash-ups they sound absolutely awful. I really couldn't grasp the concept of re-pitching songs to make a mix work.

I'm much more disciplined now in the art of music-making. Don't you worry

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

9. Like STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N likes this post
  10. Rep:

A Discovery-esque GLBTM. I'm trying to not get my hopes up for anything else because at this point in time that's what's the most possible (The GLBTM Posters)
    ​~ i am cool ~

11. Rep:
    On a mushroom in a forest some where in the eastern United States

Daftendirekt with Give Life Back To Music… just somethin' I've been thinkin' about.
    "I've come to care about you. Alot. But also not in that way. Well, yeah, in that way a little. Half n' half." - Shark, 12 oz. Mouse

12. Like Robbeh likes this post
  13. Rep:

The key shouldn't really be a problem tho. If you can't get a common key, you just have to be more more creative.

For example GOW vs. LYTD, you drop GOW 2 semitones to Eb minor and bam, you have lots of same chords with LYTD.
    Last edited by joooooonas; 19th Jul 2014 at 15:07.

14. Rep:
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place

I see what you're saying. Pharrell's vocals will work with LYTD, but the vocoded part doesn't work near as well due to the progression. It would work best with an a capella.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast