1. Rep:

A call to all TDC DJ's

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Hello!!

I've been a member of TDC for a few years now, I drift in and out of activity so I'm sure a few of you may recognize me. Anyways, I've always loved how there's a group of active producers on TDC that have built a sub-community within our own community here on TDC.

Obviously there is a lot of overlap between DJ's and Producers within the EDM world. Also, I'm sure there's many of us who just DJ without producing on TDC.

I think we should attempt to create a network of DJ's here on TDC, just like producers. I really love the idea.

The reason why I think it would be a good idea is because obviously all of the DJ's here have at least one type of music as a common ground (daft + related genres). I think that DJ'ing is something that relies on establishing a network and community.

I've only been DJ'ing for about 6 months, but I can already see how having a network on the TDC would be extremely beneficial. What I would love to accomplish with this idea is:
    -Have a place for DJ's to discuss technique
    - To have place for DJ's to share their own edit's (Some edits are DJ specific, for example if anyone produces DJ BPM transitions, they might not fit in the other music threads)
    -To have a place to discuss using daft within sets, creative uses of daft in sets etc
    -To have a place to discuss gear
    - To have a place to share music (Within the rules of TDC)
    -A place to suggest collaboration/support (Imagine having track support across the globe via a fellow TDC DJ)

If this type of thread has been attempted already, please let me know and just delete this. But if other people think this idea is good, please let me know because I'd love to start the DJ networking thread!

Also if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear it. I'm just spitballing an idea

2. Rep:

Re: A call to all TDC DJ's

I am a professianal DJ on plug.dj
    ​---------------

3. Rep:

Nice! would you be interested in contributing your knowledge to TDC?

4. Rep:

house music dj
    ​---------------

5. Like Dave199 likes this post
  6. Rep:

I'm an amateur DJ, mixing just about everything danceable (not just electronic dance music), just for fun and friends.

Here's an example:

I would love to talk about techniques, software, hardware, etcetera.

7. Like crozier247 likes this post
  8. Rep:

What's your current setup? it's very intriguing and different from mine

9. Rep:

It's a BCR2000 for the effects and equalizer, a very simple usb dj controller which does the trick when it comes to crosefading/jog use/pitch, a computer mouse and headphones, and a novation launchpad which I use as "tracklist" to trigger samples/tracks on demand, switch between decks, etc. I mostly use Virtual DJ because of the midi customization possibilities, and getting better at using Ableton in a live setting.

10. Rep:

I'm trying to get into DJing, I'd love to help and share my mixes if I can. You could call me a bedroom DJ right now, I just post mixes on Mixcloud and hope people listen to them haha. Right now I just use a Novation Twitch and Serato DJ.
    Voyager of the internet.