Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. Rep:
    Fundave's Avatar
    Posts
    7,657
    Points
    50,635
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Default

    Re: Yung Bae, Saint Pepsi, and the Vaporware Scene

    Remove this ad: become a supporter


    ohhh mannn just stumbled across this er.... possibly my favourite vapefunk song yet ughh
    Thomas Bangalter on EDM - "Maybe it's just one guy called Eric David Morris."
    http://www.facebook.com/davidboin95
    https://soundcloud.com/fundave

  2. Rep:
    Aero5555's Avatar
    Posts
    3,871
    Points
    10,456
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Default

    Re: Yung Bae, Saint Pepsi, and the Vaporware Scene

    *Katagana*THOUGHTS, Yuni Wa, Supersex420, Lancaster_

    Dat future funk.

  3. Rep:
    Baloo's Avatar
    Posts
    791
    Points
    2,718
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Default

    Re: Yung Bae, Saint Pepsi, and the Vaporware Scene

    Had to bump this thread!! Been jamming to Futurefunk the last two months after stumbling up Anri - Summer Days (Macross 82-99 Bootleg) and have been hooked since on Night Tempo, THOUGHTS, Macross, SUPERSEX420, and many many many Anri bootlegs! So much good stuff out there. I've been doing nothing lately but reposting Futurefunk tracks on my Soundcloud.

    https://soundcloud.com/baloodp

    I always found Vaporewave to be cool but too slow and trippy, had to be in the mood for most of Saint Pepsi or Com Truise stuff. But Futurefunk is really returning to the roots of the original French House, movement, with a lot of inspiration from that 2nd French wave of about 8 years ago with guys like Louis La Roche, The Phantom's Revenge, and Thony Ritz who made a little dent but never a huge wave. Futurefunk, this stuff is gaining steam though. I love it. Some of my favorites:

    https://soundcloud.com/nighttempo/ni...ure-remastered

    https://soundcloud.com/futuresociety...supernatural-1
    Voyager of the internet.

  4. Like something awesome likes this post
  5. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    14,974
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    Re: Yung Bae, Saint Pepsi, and the Vaporware Scene

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Had to bump this thread!! Been jamming to Futurefunk the last two months after stumbling up Anri - Summer Days (Macross 82-99 Bootleg) and have been hooked since on Night Tempo, THOUGHTS, Macross, SUPERSEX420, and many many many Anri bootlegs! So much good stuff out there. I've been doing nothing lately but reposting Futurefunk tracks on my Soundcloud.

    https://soundcloud.com/baloodp

    I always found Vaporewave to be cool but too slow and trippy, had to be in the mood for most of Saint Pepsi or Com Truise stuff. But Futurefunk is really returning to the roots of the original French House, movement, with a lot of inspiration from that 2nd French wave of about 8 years ago with guys like Louis La Roche, The Phantom's Revenge, and Thony Ritz who made a little dent but never a huge wave. Futurefunk, this stuff is gaining steam though. I love it. Some of my favorites:

    https://soundcloud.com/nighttempo/ni...ure-remastered

    https://soundcloud.com/futuresociety...supernatural-1
    VERY VERY cool.

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

  6. Rep:
    Posts
    115
    Points
    369
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Default

    Re: Yung Bae, Saint Pepsi, and the Vaporware Scene

    this genre is almost entirely just shoddy remasters of full Japanese disco tracks. I mean some are good of course (Macross/Pepsi) but listen to some 'french house' classics... Future Funk just sounds painfully amateur in comparison, over compressed with tinny bad mixes. Is part of the appeal that anyone can do this? (serious question)

  7. Rep:
    Lemanic's Avatar
    Posts
    37
    Points
    255
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Default

    Re: Yung Bae, Saint Pepsi, and the Vaporware Scene

    I guess you didn't bother searching up this thread then?

    http://www.thedaftclub.com/forum/sho...3204-Vaporwave

    This thread already exist, you know.

  8. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    14,974
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    Re: Yung Bae, Saint Pepsi, and the Vaporware Scene

    Quote Originally Posted by jacqueschristo View Post
    this genre is almost entirely just shoddy remasters of full Japanese disco tracks. I mean some are good of course (Macross/Pepsi) but listen to some 'french house' classics... Future Funk just sounds painfully amateur in comparison, over compressed with tinny bad mixes. Is part of the appeal that anyone can do this? (serious question)
    News Flash: Genres of music have some shiit songs
    and some good ones

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

  9. Rep:
    Baloo's Avatar
    Posts
    791
    Points
    2,718
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Default

    Re: Yung Bae, Saint Pepsi, and the Vaporware Scene

    Quote Originally Posted by jacqueschristo View Post
    this genre is almost entirely just shoddy remasters of full Japanese disco tracks. I mean some are good of course (Macross/Pepsi) but listen to some 'french house' classics... Future Funk just sounds painfully amateur in comparison, over compressed with tinny bad mixes. Is part of the appeal that anyone can do this? (serious question)
    You act like Roule and Crydamoure were high-brow stuff when they were doing the exact same thing with old 80s $1-bin disco records, only they used an SP-1200 Sampler instead of Pro Tools. A 4-second loop of an intro of Chaka Khan or Carrie Lucas or Earth Wind & Fire bitcrushed to hell is also not difficult. DJ Falcon is quoted as saying "Making music was like playing with a Nintendo." Those guys weren't trained either.

    The French House classics are the reason why I like this stuff, though I like some Futurefunk a bit more and some French House a bit more. But I wouldn't call French House much better made than Futurefunk. Granted there's always going to be bad music out there when a genre takes off, but I wouldn't write off all of Futurefunk and say that French House did it better. They just did it differently.
    Voyager of the internet.

  10. Like PuddingCat likes this post
  11. Rep:
    Aero5555's Avatar
    Posts
    3,871
    Points
    10,456
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Default

    Re: Yung Bae, Saint Pepsi, and the Vaporware Scene

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    You act like Roule and Crydamoure were high-brow stuff when they were doing the exact same thing with old 80s $1-bin disco records, only they used an SP-1200 Sampler instead of Pro Tools.
    Mah man Papa Bear speakin' the truth right here, y'all! Put it there, Mr. Bear Necessities!

    How's your tales spins comin' along? Dat live-action adaptation ain't got nothin' on you. Keep it real, bro.

  12. Rep:
    Aero5555's Avatar
    Posts
    3,871
    Points
    10,456
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Default

    Re: Yung Bae, Saint Pepsi, and the Vaporware Scene






    And here's my all-time favorite Future Funk track to date. Nothing has surpassed it, in my eyes, thus far:


    Last edited by Aero5555; 22nd May 2016 at 15:21.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Saint Laurent Daft Punk 2013
    By Daftpunked in forum General Daft Punk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14th Apr 2013, 03:01
  2. 2013 Not just new album, but whole new scene?
    By 99point9 in forum Releases
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 22nd Jan 2013, 22:55
  3. Did they sample Saint Etienne for Derezzed?
    By Champiness in forum Samples
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21st Dec 2010, 00:06