1. Rep:

Hello from Paradise........stoked to have found this site!

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    ALOHA!

I came across this site while trying to get some costume ideas for this coming Halloween.

I love Daft Punk's Music and when Tron Legacy came out I had to buy the album, it is amazing!

I am a former member of the Pacific Outpost (501st Legion of Hawaii) so Darth Maul has been my costume for quite some time......then just a few years back I decided to do Freddy Krueger, one of my favorite all time Villains aside from Maul.

I am debating to do a Terminator 2 Arnold or a Guy Manuel Daft Punk for this year's Halloween but am leaning more towards the Daft Punk cause it is so cool.

Anyhow found a lot of great info here while browsing so I decided to join.

Here are some pics of me in costume....last one is last year's Halloween with the Family.

Thanks!!

Ryan

2. Like melrobin, CherieD'Amoure likes this post
  3. Rep:

Re: Hello from Paradise........stoked to have found this site!

Hello and welcome to TDC! Fantastic cosplays, btw.
    I think you will fit right in to our cosplay community. They should be more than willing to provide the info you need for your DP project.
    Musical Mod
    "No art is so subject to indiscriminate judgement as music." - Johann Joachim Quantz

4. Rep:

Thank you so much!

Very excited for this project. I am pretty set on doing a Guy Man now, so I'm researching extensively. I hope I can make it in time for Halloween. Unfortunately I don't have any friends interested in doing a Thomas (yet) so I may have to go solo. My kids will be doing non daft punk related costumes.

I am also 5 foot 10 inches and weigh close to 200lbs so hopefully I can work the outfit to achieve the proper look....I know Guy Man is supposedly shorter (around 5 foot 7"?).

One thing about me is I'm pretty finicky with being as accurate as possible, (as you can tell by my costumes shown above), however having two kids to also set up costumes with will limit my budget but I will do my best to make this one something great.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again!

Ryan

5. Like CherieD'Amoure likes this post
  6. Rep:

Hey Ryan welcome to the club I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum,..... the costumes are Amazing!! .

7. Rep:

Thank you!