1. Rep:
    kinda sad Interstella 5555 theory

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    hello, yesterday night I thought of this theory.
    WARNING its kinda sad . (also spoiler alert)
    (I wrote this last night so I just pasted it)

I just realized that the whole movie wasnt a dream, only parts of it. I know this because I just got Discovery on vinyl and you have to switch out the discs every 3 ish songs, so he couldnt have been asleep the whole time, I think that the whole story was true (in that reality), except for the ending songs (Short Circut, Face To Face, Too Long), which was the dream! I think that the whole thing happened (in that reality) and was really famous, so daft punk ended up making Discovery (in that reality still) as a tribute to the Crescendolls, because they might have died when traveling back to their planet, or could've been killed by Darkwood's manor when it went up in flames, or the Government, and they (people) only learned what happened by the stuff in shep's ship and the book (if they survived the thing exploding). but since the Crescendolls where loved world wide, they kinda became the new beatles and when when they found out what happened because of the remains of the ship and Verids Quo (the book) so people around the world honored them, thats why that kid had so many Crescendolls merch with them as their true alien selves, and shep, and he dreamed up the ending because he was so sad that his idols had such a tragic time and he just wanted everyone to be happy in the end!

2. Like DJ_Sam_909 likes this post
  3. Rep:

Re: kinda sad Interstella 5555 theory

Quote Originally Posted by aDknuF View Post
    I just realized that the whole movie wasnt a dream, only parts of it. I know this because I just got Discovery on vinyl and you have to switch out the discs every 3 ish songs, so he couldnt have been asleep the whole time
    Yeah... You might be reading a bit too much into this.
    Rest In Peace: Romanthony, singer of one more time, passed away suddenly on May 7th, at the age of 46.

4. Like Ayu, melrobin, Daft-Bohl likes this post
  5. Rep:

It think it's an interesting theory but I have a counter-theory! Maybe the Crescendolls did exist in this kid's reality, but the story was entirely of his own making.

You can tell from his room that he's a huge Daft Punk fan, and you can also see a model of the Crescendolls holding instruments which confirms that they are a band in this reality. However, nothing in the room confirms that this band is called the Crescendolls so we can infer that he took their name directly from the Daft Punk song. So then who are these characters exactly? The fact that he has a doll of Shep, a character who flies a spaceship in the shape of a guitar, suggests to me that these characters are fictional in this universe. Perhaps they're characters from a TV show who use the power of music to deter bad guys or something? There are dolls of their human forms too so maybe they go undercover and only reveal their true forms when fighting crime. Shep could be the commander, sitting up in his ship and providing them with intel. Man, I would totally watch that...

So anyway, as kids tend to do, he's playing with his dolls and letting his imagination run wild. Thus, the 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem is born! What's interesting is that each part of the story fits the mood of the music, suggesting he's listened to the album MANY times (also something kids tend to do) to enable him to come up with a story that fits the music perfectly.

The only problem I can find with this theory (and by extension, yours, aDknuF) is that he fell asleep holding dolls of Shep and Stella which implies he fell asleep during Something About Us. Therefore, that means there would be no one to flip the vinyl to side D. Thoughts?
    Last edited by DJ_Sam_909; 18th Aug 2015 at 21:05.

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

6. Rep:

r u high?

7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Booya View Post
    Yeah... You might be reading a bit too much into this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Smurf View Post
    r u high?
    There's a reason why they call them 'theories' guys. I mean, for christ sake, it's not like anyone's saying that Interstella 5555 predicted 9/11. We're simply exploring deeper into this animated musical that we love so much. It's like when you're studying literature at school and you're encouraged to find your own interpretations of what underlying meanings the author was trying to convey in their writing.

There's no right or wrong here. Can't you just let us have our fun without having to all over it?
    Last edited by DJ_Sam_909; 19th Aug 2015 at 11:46.

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

8. Like STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N, melrobin likes this post
  9. Rep:

I rather like this theory, aDknuF! (Clever username too, btw.)

I never considered the multiple vinyls aspect. That's a nice detail, as to be expected of T&G.
    The "Interstella" universe is vague, too, so who knows? The 'Dolls could have been superstars, cartoon superheroes, or mere album artwork. The kid may have made up the whole story in his head, or as aDknuF posited, rewrote an unhappy ending for his own enjoyment. It's all plausible. We may as well have some fun with our speculations, right?

Booya & Daft Smurf: Manners, gentlemen. We've had wilder theories than this about albums.
    Musical Mod
    "No art is so subject to indiscriminate judgement as music." - Johann Joachim Quantz

10. Rep:

oh my god guys its literally a musical film with blue people in which they get kidnapped and their adventures continue all in the tune to Daft Punk's Discovery
    pls staph
    ​~ i am cool ~

11. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Robbeh View Post
    oh my god guys its literally a musical film with blue people in which they get kidnapped and their adventures continue all in the tune to Daft Punk's Discovery
    pls staph
    People are allowed to have imagination. Yes, that's the main idea, but loosen up. Let the guy/gal have a new idea.

Seriously folks, if this thread is going to be a bully-the-OP thread, it will be locked.

Straighten up or stop. Last and only warning.
    Musical Mod
    "No art is so subject to indiscriminate judgement as music." - Johann Joachim Quantz

12. Rep:

The Crescendolls are responsible for 911!

13. Default

I'm just glad that there was a happy ending and that the little boy at the end has an Alive 1997 vinyl (Lucky guy)

14. Like CherieD'Amoure likes this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast