1. Rep:
    Exclamation

a better Interstella 5555 theory that makes more sense than the last o

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    why its "the 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem"

So daft punk use the term "the star system" which means the system in which musical artists stop making music for enjoyment and such, but instead to gain more fame and money and power without really caring about the meaning of the song itself. In Interstella 5555, the band on their home planet were very happy to make and perform music, but when they are kidnapped they are drained of emotion and free will. They are forced to play music, not for the enjoyment or to make fans happy, but to get the earl de darkwood money and power, and control of the entire universe. The earl had been kidnapping aliens for thousands of years, making some of the most famous musicians (famous people cameo in Veridis quo, such as Mozart) and sacrificing them for his own gaine. No one is aware that he is doing it so he and his company are "the ultimate secret star system". The Crescendolls represent good music. They were full of emotion and such before they were kidnapped, but when they were taken by the company, they had all of the emotion drained. Shep I'd say represents the true fans, not just some basic folks who hear the hit singles on the radio and twerk to it for Instagram likes. Shep was killed by the company, he died a slow and painful death. But when he died, the Crescendolls realized how much better it was before they were kidnapped. They became determined to go back to their planet, they go to the darkwood manor, and they kill darkwood and the castle is destroyed, along with the company. They go back to their home planet again and they are once again playing music for enjoyment. The Shep statute at the end I'd say represents the new true fans. And the kid at the end represents the influence this kind of stuff has on people.ello. after some thinking I've come up with this:
    (Note: I just pasted this because I already sent it to a friend)

2. Like melrobin, Will_I_Am_1997, DJ_Sam_909 likes this post
  3. Rep:

Re: a better Interstella 5555 theory that makes more sense than the la

Don't mind the last sentence(of the big paragraph thing), it was supposed to go at the top but didnt because of a thing when I pasted it

4. Rep:

I dunno about the 5ecret and the meaning behind it. But yes, the movie is a jab on the music industry and how money-hungry it is. However, Shep's death and the love story behind it is a tribute to Leiji's works. They wrote the plot with Leiji in mind. Then they pitched it to him and he agreed.

His works involve noble death, for a cause. About renegades finding lost love. Just watch any Harlock series or OVA and you'll get the idea.

5. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post
    They wrote the plot with Leiji in mind. Then they pitched it to him and he agreed.
    They pitched it to him?? Do you have the source that suggest that by any chance? (link or something)
    It's not that I don't believe you, is just that I didn't know that and if you have the original information I want to read it

6. Rep:

It's mentioned on the booklet that came with the special edition of the DVD.

Matsumoto also confirmed during an interview that the duo flew to Japan, knocked on his door, and he found them wearing their robot costumes. All a bid to have him produce the script.