1. Rep:
    Wink

Why am I here? :)

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    ...I've asked myself this a few times over the last week. I am very new to the EDM genre--my go to genre is Hard Rock/Metal. I was up late one night last week, channel surfing until I came across the Unchained Docu on Showtime. After watching the entire film, I was very curious.

Fast forward a week or so, and I now own 3 DP albums and have been listening to it during work all the time.

My only exposure to DP (prior to this) was witnessing them at the Grammy Awards in 2014... I hadn't heard their song (I usually only listen to SiriusXM's rock stations or Howard Stern) Get Lucky until it was performed on stage. I was quite honestly a bit dismissive of them even at that point.

So, I just wanted to say hello and thank you to DP for expanding my musical tastes. BTW, I'm from Central (Upstate) New York.

2. Like melrobin likes this post
  3. Rep:

Re: Why am I here? :)

New to EDM, huh? I recommend Justice, SebastiAn, Mr Oizo etc. They aren't really​ EDM (Well i guess Justice is, kind of ) but they are really, really good
    Ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli

4. Rep:

Welcome to the club WorldOfJohnboy glad you're just discovering Daft Punk's awesome music I listen to mainly rock/heavy metal as well (although I have also followed Daft Punk since they first brought out Homework). The chemical Brothers,The prodigy, & Underworld they're really good (although not sure if they would be classed as EDM or not). They were a couple on here I had never heard of before until I joined the forum that are also really good Madeon, & passion Pit in particular. I definitely recommend them if you have never heard their music before?. .
    Last edited by melrobin; 15th Dec 2015 at 21:04.

5. Rep:

I've seen Gorillaz mentioned in the same breath as DP quite a bit... do people consider them similar styles? (If so, then I guess I'm not as "green" as I thought.)

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by WorldOfJohnboy View Post
    ...I've asked myself this a few times over the last week. I am very new to the EDM genre--my go to genre is Hard Rock/Metal. I was up late one night last week, channel surfing until I came across the Unchained Docu on Showtime. After watching the entire film, I was very curious.

Fast forward a week or so, and I now own 3 DP albums and have been listening to it during work all the time.

My only exposure to DP (prior to this) was witnessing them at the Grammy Awards in 2014... I hadn't heard their song (I usually only listen to SiriusXM's rock stations or Howard Stern) Get Lucky until it was performed on stage. I was quite honestly a bit dismissive of them even at that point.

So, I just wanted to say hello and thank you to DP for expanding my musical tastes. BTW, I'm from Central (Upstate) New York.
    we are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking towards the stars
    -oscar wilde
    aim for the stars and youll never miss
    erin x

7. Rep:

I hope, that in forums i have a great time!

coque samsung galaxy a9 etui samsung galaxy a9
    Last edited by Leydet8h; 15th Jan 2016 at 08:17.