1. Default

Alive 2017 possibly soon?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    So, I've done some digging and noticed that if you were to follows Daft Punk's tour timeline that maybe they would be announcing something within the coming months?

They did Daftendirekt tour January of 1997 but were technically touring before that in '96. Alive 2007 started in April of '06. I know they're a very picky duo when it comes to this stuff and want RAM to sink in, but I mean after that album has sunk in for 3 years and were in 2016 close to April. Think we will see something soon? Being hopeful I expect to see something at least this summer. But, who knows. Thoughts?

2. Rep:

Re: Alive 2017 possibly soon?

Not sure, but supposing that they play at festivals when they tour, it seems unlikely that they have planned a tour this year seeing how many of the larger festivals already have their line-up.

3. Rep:

Doubt it. i remember that during one of the RAM interviews Thomas mentioned that they want to have more material before they go on a live tour. So thusly, i doubt that there will be a live tour soon. And honestly, i'd rather have a new album than a live tour. Though i wouldn't mind a live tour at all

4. Rep:

I've been hoping for another album as well. It also struck my mind that they did release Human After All before hitting the stage for Alive 2007. I would love another album, but a tour would be nice as well cause I've sadly never been to any of their concerts.

5. Rep:

Alive 2017 would make sense (in that there was Alive 1997 and 2007). 2017 btw, jeez, it has been 10 years since Alive 2007.

But yeah, Daft Punk wouldn't tour for the sake of it sounding nice. I hope they do something soon though, it's quite insane that Daft Punk let the years go by with absolutely zero releases/appearances or w/e. I wonder if their personal lives have taken the priority. Does Guy-Man have kids?

6. Rep:

They're so quiet on their personal lives I'm not even sure haha. I'd assume he does because he is 42. But who knows, maybe he doesn't want any. And yeah 10 years already.. I would really hope they at least start touring in 2017 but you're right, if the music is not right yet, they may just delay until the perfect moment. They seem to strike when least expected.

7. Rep:

I believe Guy does have two children; I feel like it may have been mentioned in the WSJ interview. I know his youngest was pictured with T's youngest in that article.

I'd prefer that we get a new album before a tour, personally. I love RAM, but I'm not sure how well it will mesh with the old content at this point yet.
    Musical Mod
    "No art is so subject to indiscriminate judgement as music." - Johann Joachim Quantz

8. Like john_marston, melrobin likes this post
  9. Rep:

Good point. With the majority of their music being electronic I can see how it would be tough to match RAM with older stuff. I've seen some other people combine them decently. Nothing exciting though.

10. Rep:

who knows? I agree with the others I would prefer to hear new material from them rather than a tour. Although I would love to see them live as I never have seen them live before they're known for doing the unexpected so just have to wait, &see what happens as 2017 approaches.

11. Rep:

Well saying its highly likely, because for one Alive 1997, 2007 and second they have been performing a lot with other people like Zedd . Also we all know Get Lucky will be remixed with HBFS or Around the world. But the lighting would be so much different,or the same who knows. Also in about a month if they're touring in 2016 well know by April 15th roughly ,and if they dont tour in 2016 well know in December or January, so well know in a year at least!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast