1. Rep:

Hello + Dissertation

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Hi everyone!
    Just a brief introduction. I am student at a music university in the UK and I'm currently working on my dissertation. My topic for my dissertation is based on Daft Punk and it's "How have Daft Punk progressed in their music yet still retain their signature sound?" I am doing some analyse on their discography as well learning some of their key songs to get a better understanding of their music like their music. I'm also looking at their influences and who have they influenced, collaborations, interviews trying to find an answer. Though I have sent an email to one of their contacts, I highly doubt I would get a response from them. So I've come to this website in order to get help and more information on them. If you guys could spare some some of your helping I would be very grateful! We could also have discussions about their music in general and what not.

Thank you for taking your time to read this!
    Punkeye

2. Rep:

Re: Hello + Dissertation

Sounds cool! What information are you looking for exactly? And what uni are you at if I may ask?

All their collaborators videos and Unchained doc will surely have some very valuable stuff if you haven't gone through them yet.

3. Rep:

I'm looking for any music charts/ scorebooks to any of their songs. I've already ordered the Random Access Memories Piano, Guitar and vocal scorebook. I'm at The Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM for short) in Guildford, UK.

I have seen it but It didn't give me the information I was looking for. I'll have another watch of it and take more notes. I know there's also some short interviews on Spotify with the collaborators on RAM so I'll listen to those as well.

4. Rep:
    Talking

Quote Originally Posted by punkeye View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Just a brief introduction. I am student at a music university in the UK and I'm currently working on my dissertation. My topic for my dissertation is based on Daft Punk and it's "How have Daft Punk progressed in their music yet still retain their signature sound?" I am doing some analyse on their discography as well learning some of their key songs to get a better understanding of their music like their music. I'm also looking at their influences and who have they influenced, collaborations, interviews trying to find an answer. Though I have sent an email to one of their contacts, I highly doubt I would get a response from them. So I've come to this website in order to get help and more information on them. If you guys could spare some some of your helping I would be very grateful! We could also have discussions about their music in general and what not.

Thank you for taking your time to read this!
    Punkeye
    Could we have inbox? Maybe I could give you some useful info. =)
    Last edited by maldogam3r; 10th May 2016 at 17:24. Reason: Error

5. Rep:

Yes of course! Thank you so much! =)

6. Like maldogam3r likes this post
  7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by punkeye View Post
    Yes of course! Thank you so much! =)
    I've sent it