1. Rep:

Re: Daft Punk in the studio with The Weeknd

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MadameDumont View Post
    hmm.... me, i'm disappointed, tbh it's a rnb-track, and i ask myself, what will come next...?
    It's important to note that this isn't a Daft Punk track. It's The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk. This isn't necessarily representative of what's to come!

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

2. Like PuddingCat, dejordzta likes this post
  3. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sam_909 View Post
    It's important to note that this isn't a Daft Punk track. It's The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk. This isn't necessarily representative of what's to come!
    yeah you're right of course, and i don't want to be negative. --- maybe a little bit scared

4. Like DJ_Sam_909 likes this post
  5. Super Moderator
    Rep:

um.... not to break a streak here but i really like it?
    "I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

6. Like Baconboy, Firefly likes this post
  7. Rep:

I personally like the song. I love the percussion.

8. Like Firefly likes this post
  9. Rep:

Definitely not "generic pop crap", it's a lot more minimal than most Daft Punk tracks though. The percussion feels like a mixture of HAA and Doin' it Right. The synths they used are very Tron, and of course some of their vocoder managed to slip its way into the song (even if very minimally used).

Not bad though. I wouldn't rely on this being a hint too much for their current sound considering they did that production on Yeezus right after RAM.

Though, as a side note. This could mean there's a Weeknd feature of some sort in the cards. They tend to normally try to stick to just working on one project, and they might've done this while working with Weeknd on another song maybe? Weeknd as a vocalist wouldn't be too far off for them, but wouldn't feel too much like treading the same waters.

If they're not touring for 2017, it isn't hard to believe they may be making their next project. But let's not get too ahead of ourselves!
    Last edited by Jin; 22nd Sep 2016 at 21:56.

10. Like Baconboy likes this post
  11. Rep:

Not a fan of it at all but if it's a sign that Daft Punk are back then I'll take it.
    https://soundcloud.com/itsjenik
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi405 View Post
    There is always room for your life to get weirder
    "Idc bye"

12. Rep:

Everyone's a critic lol. I don't really care. I think it's fantastic, and I'm not even a Weeknd fan. I calmed my expectations and was pleasantly surprised. You guys are acting like they sold out.

Guy-Man:
    Well that depends on what we want to do at the time. It depends. I don't know. Yeah, exactly. There are all these considerations you're talking about. But yes, it just depends on the moment you're asked. If you feel it and if you feel something creatively interesting then it's possible. For everything that we're asked to do, if we have a creative answer and think we might bring something to a project then we can do it. But if we don't have any ideas or don't think we can push the envelope by creating with anybody... Well, if you take Sébastien Tellier for example it is one of the few collaborations where I had the idea that I could do something and bring something to it. But it's all about the moment and the situation. When it feels right to us, when we feel it we do it, and when we have the time. There's so many factors.
    They take on what they want to take on. If they think it'll be new or further their experience or if they can bring something to the table.

You guys are acting like they're using the Daft Punk name to get money or something and lost their creative edge. For all we know, the collab could've originally just been "Starboy" and had Thomas/Guy in the production/writing notes like Yeezus, but the marketing team of The Weeknd or whoever decided to add "(feat. Daft Punk)" in the title to confirm and lay to rest all the rumors and hype about them being in the studio with Abel.

And this is a single collaboration. Y'all seem to be treating this like this is indicative of their next album or something. By that mindset, "Hypnotize U" represents RAM. Which is completely false. This isn't supposed to be a Daft Punk feat. The Weeknd track. They're in the background like they usually are when not releasing their own material.

EDIT: The Weeknd is also performing on SNL in a week. The song will almost certainly be performed.
    Last edited by Baconboy; 23rd Sep 2016 at 00:13.

Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

13. Like CherieD'Amoure likes this post
  14. Rep:

I like the song but i'm not too crazy about it. When I first heard the news about the collab of course i was excited about it because they've been under the radar for a while. But yeah, they basically just produced this song for The Weeknd rather than it being a collab. Although I do generally like The Weeknd so I think it's good, but nothing special. I just hope they're working on some new stuff that will be worth the hype.

15. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Baconboy View Post
    For all we know, the collab could've originally just been "Starboy" and had Thomas/Guy in the production/writing notes like Yeezus, but the marketing team of The Weeknd or whoever decided to add "(feat. Daft Punk)" in the title to confirm and lay to rest all the rumors and hype about them being in the studio with Abel.
    And that's exactly what bothers me with this - they always where reeeaaallly careful about what they used the Daft Punk brand for. I love their work on Hypnotize U and on Kanyes Album, but i like it for what it is: Thomas and Guyman working on the production of those songs. That doesn't necessarily make them good "Daft Punk" Tracks/Collabs if that makes sense

16. Rep:

Daft Punk fans are always so precious. This reminds me of the freakout when Kanye sampled HBFS. That was seen by most as either Kanye ripping them off or them selling out.
    The Daft Punk brand is damaged more by the selling of signet rings for $300 than any collaboration. That is grim.

17. Like PuddingCat, Baconboy likes this post
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast