Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hoosteen View Post
    They
    Never
    Do
    The
    Same
    Thing
    Twice
    Alive 1997
    Alive 2007

    Same thing twice


  2. Like john_marston, melrobin likes this post
  3. Rep:
    Mr. Hoosteen's Avatar
    Posts
    2,989
    Points
    12,495
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Purple Gotham, NY
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Knight of the Roulé View Post
    Alive 1997
    Alive 2007

    Same thing twice
    Alive 1997, known as Daftendirektour initially, renamed Alive 1997 in 2001, consisted of all hardware, their entire studio basically, a small stage setup, had variety and was performed live every time, with some songs introduced along the line (as evidenced by your vast bootleg collection).

    Alive 2007, began in 2006, Ableton used as software, songs were sequenced and had cued effects rather than played live so each set sounded similar, entirely different mix, entirely different show altogether, and by the way, had a giant pyramid and complex set up.

    "We never like to do the same thing twice. It's more fun and entertaining for us to do something different, whether it's wearing masks or developing a persona that merges fiction and reality. We're happy to give back to the masses" - Thomas Bangalter.

  4. Like Ankaph likes this post
  5. Rep:
    PuddingCat's Avatar
    Posts
    1,732
    Points
    6,381
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis, USA
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Knight of the Roulé View Post
    Alive 1997
    Alive 2007

    Same thing twice
    Congratulations, you pointed out a recurring number.


  6. Rep:
    That guy's Avatar
    Posts
    402
    Points
    1,706
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    under there
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    they need to do at least like 1 house song. they did 1 house song in ram they need at least one house song in their next album.

  7. Rep:
    DJ_Sam_909's Avatar
    Posts
    3,416
    Points
    13,058
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Essex (haha, "sex"), England.
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    I personally don't want them to go back to their roots. What I want is a new album that will inspire the next generation of EDM artists. An album that will remind me why I fell in love with their music in the first place.

    Don't get me wrong, I love Homework and Discovery. But it's been done. I want a fresh new sound that's going to send chills down my spine.

    THAT is the Daft Punk we can rely on.

    Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

  8. Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by That guy View Post
    they need to do at least like 1 house song. they did 1 house song in ram they need at least one house song in their next album.
    Ram had no House tracks


  9. Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hoosteen View Post
    Alive 1997, known as Daftendirektour initially, renamed Alive 1997 in 2001, consisted of all hardware, their entire studio basically, a small stage setup, had variety and was performed live every time, with some songs introduced along the line (as evidenced by your vast bootleg collection).

    Alive 2007, began in 2006, Ableton used as software, songs were sequenced and had cued effects rather than played live so each set sounded similar, entirely different mix, entirely different show altogether, and by the way, had a giant pyramid and complex set up.

    "We never like to do the same thing twice. It's more fun and entertaining for us to do something different, whether it's wearing masks or developing a persona that merges fiction and reality. We're happy to give back to the masses" - Thomas Bangalter.
    Yeah man, ik, i was only joking

    your vast bootleg collection
    Last edited by Daft Knight of the Roulé; 25th Aug 2016 at 00:38.


  10. Rep:
    Posts
    138
    Points
    447
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Knight of the Roulé View Post
    Ram had no House tracks
    Wait, "Contact" doesn't count? Didn't that show up on a house set DJ Falcon/Together did back in 2003?

  11. Rep:
    Ptpix1's Avatar
    Posts
    217
    Points
    658
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A magical place where it never rains.
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hoosteen View Post
    They
    Never
    Do
    The
    Same
    Thing
    Twice
    That's true. It's honestly one of the many things I love about Daft Punk (and I'm glad they care about their fans). When I said 'their old style', I'm referring to them creating House music. That's something their first 3 albums have in common, and they all sound completely different from each other. With RAM, it was more of a Disco / Synth-pop genre, had little samples, and the majority of the albums featured other artists. Which is something I still really liked and I'm glad they tried something new, but I've heard some people say they strayed too far (though that's not something I completely agree with). Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing Thomas say they were inspired to do an album with 'real' instruments after finishing the Tron: Legacy soundtrack or something like that.

  12. Like melrobin likes this post
  13. Rep:
    That guy's Avatar
    Posts
    402
    Points
    1,706
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    under there
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Knight of the Roulé View Post
    Ram had no House tracks
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterTech View Post
    Wait, "Contact" doesn't count? Didn't that show up on a house set DJ Falcon/Together did back in 2003?
    yea daft knight contact was house.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I'll be back soon enough.
    By DirkaDirka in forum Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17th Sep 2012, 07:24
  2. Free Download - Roots Manuva
    By ukhiphop368 in forum General Music
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 8th Jul 2011, 00:53
  3. im back!
    By XxHUMAN909xX in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd Jan 2010, 05:25