Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterTech View Post
    Wait, "Contact" doesn't count? Didn't that show up on a house set DJ Falcon/Together did back in 2003?
    The original version to me, was House, but the newer one, id say more Rock

    But thats just my opinion


  2. Like john_marston likes this post
  3. Rep:
    Shadermader's Avatar
    Posts
    252
    Points
    1,216
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Valhöll
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    We all know that Daft Punk never do the same thing twice, but knowing how many times that has been stated already (outside of this thread as well), that is becoming a cliche for me. What I am trying to say is what IF they decide to break this stereotype(is it?) and construct a Rock album, a-la going back to Darlin' times, which is their real roots. Speculations, speculations. Honestly, this thought gives me spine chills (in a bad way), knowing that it means that Daft Punk will become even more commercial.

    Homework is just something else. Releasing Alive 1997 the same year as Discovery gives me a feeling that it acted an excuse for doing an album in another genre.

  4. Rep:
    That guy's Avatar
    Posts
    402
    Points
    1,706
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    under there
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Knight of the Roulé View Post
    The original version to me, was House, but the newer one, id say more Rock

    But thats just my opinion
    rock? how?

  5. Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by That guy View Post
    rock? how?
    I ask you the same thing

    House? How?

    Where is the drum machine? The bit crusher? The sampler? The classic 808? 909? DMX? Linndrum?

    The original may have been house, but i just dont see how the R.A.M. version is


  6. Rep:
    Posts
    138
    Points
    447
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Knight of the Roulé View Post
    Where is the drum machine? The bit crusher? The sampler? The classic 808? 909? DMX? Linndrum?

    The original may have been house, but i just dont see how the R.A.M. version is
    A house song doesn't necessarily have to have those elements to actually be a house song.

    Remember, when it was originally being passed around before publication, people thought Marshall Jefferson's "Move Your Body" wasn't a "real" house song because of it's usage of a piano, which was never done at the time. What about the song now? It's a classic.

    Just because there are certain things are associate with a genre, doesn't mean it's what everyone thinks. It's still a subjective matter. For instance, the current version of "Contact" doesn't really scream rock to me, as the synths still stands out the most, as well as the drums.

  7. Rep:
    HUMAN123's Avatar
    Posts
    1,575
    Points
    4,640
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    I see daft punk's roots as the will to always push boundaries, to carve out a piece of the future and present it to us unworthy plebs on a silver (and gold) platter... so to answer the title of this thread's question, yes they will!
    check out my Soundcloud if u like

    https://soundcloud.com/julesmercertunez



  8. Rep:
    That guy's Avatar
    Posts
    402
    Points
    1,706
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    under there
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Knight of the Roulé View Post
    I ask you the same thing

    House? How?

    Where is the drum machine? The bit crusher? The sampler? The classic 808? 909? DMX? Linndrum?

    The original may have been house, but i just dont see how the R.A.M. version is
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterTech View Post
    A house song doesn't necessarily have to have those elements to actually be a house song.

    Remember, when it was originally being passed around before publication, people thought Marshall Jefferson's "Move Your Body" wasn't a "real" house song because of it's usage of a piano, which was never done at the time. What about the song now? It's a classic.

    Just because there are certain things are associate with a genre, doesn't mean it's what everyone thinks. It's still a subjective matter. For instance, the current version of "Contact" doesn't really scream rock to me, as the synths still stands out the most, as well as the drums.
    yea huntertech got it right pal he stole the words RIGHT OUTTA MAH MOUTH! not all house has to be drum machines and 303s and crap like that.

  9. Rep:
    Shadermader's Avatar
    Posts
    252
    Points
    1,216
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Valhöll
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by That guy View Post
    303s and crap like that.
    Please don't call this machine a piece of crap, as it's an oldschool junkie's dream and it's worth several thousand dollars these days.

  10. Rep:
    That guy's Avatar
    Posts
    402
    Points
    1,706
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    under there
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadermader View Post
    Please don't call this machine a piece of crap, as it's an oldschool junkie's dream and it's worth several thousand dollars these days.
    sorry i just say crap alot XD

  11. Rep:
    PuddingCat's Avatar
    Posts
    1,731
    Points
    6,363
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis, USA
    Default

    Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadermader View Post
    Please don't call this machine a piece of crap, as it's an oldschool junkie's dream and it's worth several thousand dollars these days.
    Yeah, I love the 303's sound as well. Nice machine. But I think he was using "crap" instead of "stuff". TG, I understand. I used to use the word crap a lot, sometimes too much.


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I'll be back soon enough.
    By DirkaDirka in forum Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17th Sep 2012, 07:24
  2. Free Download - Roots Manuva
    By ukhiphop368 in forum General Music
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 8th Jul 2011, 00:53
  3. im back!
    By XxHUMAN909xX in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd Jan 2010, 05:25