1. Default

Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterTech View Post
    Wait, "Contact" doesn't count? Didn't that show up on a house set DJ Falcon/Together did back in 2003?
    The original version to me, was House, but the newer one, id say more Rock

But thats just my opinion

2. Like john_marston likes this post
  3. Rep:

We all know that Daft Punk never do the same thing twice, but knowing how many times that has been stated already (outside of this thread as well), that is becoming a cliche for me. What I am trying to say is what IF they decide to break this stereotype(is it?) and construct a Rock album, a-la going back to Darlin' times, which is their real roots. Speculations, speculations. Honestly, this thought gives me spine chills (in a bad way), knowing that it means that Daft Punk will become even more commercial.

Homework is just something else. Releasing Alive 1997 the same year as Discovery gives me a feeling that it acted an excuse for doing an album in another genre.

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Knight of the Roulé View Post
    The original version to me, was House, but the newer one, id say more Rock

But thats just my opinion
    rock? how?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by That guy View Post
    rock? how?
    I ask you the same thing

House? How?

Where is the drum machine? The bit crusher? The sampler? The classic 808? 909? DMX? Linndrum?

The original may have been house, but i just dont see how the R.A.M. version is

6. Rep:

Where is the drum machine? The bit crusher? The sampler? The classic 808? 909? DMX? Linndrum?

A house song doesn't necessarily have to have those elements to actually be a house song.

Remember, when it was originally being passed around before publication, people thought Marshall Jefferson's "Move Your Body" wasn't a "real" house song because of it's usage of a piano, which was never done at the time. What about the song now? It's a classic.

Just because there are certain things are associate with a genre, doesn't mean it's what everyone thinks. It's still a subjective matter. For instance, the current version of "Contact" doesn't really scream rock to me, as the synths still stands out the most, as well as the drums.

7. Rep:

I see daft punk's roots as the will to always push boundaries, to carve out a piece of the future and present it to us unworthy plebs on a silver (and gold) platter... so to answer the title of this thread's question, yes they will!
    check out my Soundcloud if u like

https://soundcloud.com/julesmercertunez

8. Rep:

I ask you the same thing

House? How?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterTech View Post
    A house song doesn't necessarily have to have those elements to actually be a house song.

Remember, when it was originally being passed around before publication, people thought Marshall Jefferson's "Move Your Body" wasn't a "real" house song because of it's usage of a piano, which was never done at the time. What about the song now? It's a classic.

Just because there are certain things are associate with a genre, doesn't mean it's what everyone thinks. It's still a subjective matter. For instance, the current version of "Contact" doesn't really scream rock to me, as the synths still stands out the most, as well as the drums.
    yea huntertech got it right pal he stole the words RIGHT OUTTA MAH MOUTH! not all house has to be drum machines and 303s and crap like that.

9. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by That guy View Post
    303s and crap like that.
    Please don't call this machine a piece of crap, as it's an oldschool junkie's dream and it's worth several thousand dollars these days.

10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadermader View Post
    Please don't call this machine a piece of crap, as it's an oldschool junkie's dream and it's worth several thousand dollars these days.
    sorry i just say crap alot XD

11. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadermader View Post
    Yeah, I love the 303's sound as well. Nice machine. But I think he was using "crap" instead of "stuff". TG, I understand. I used to use the word crap a lot, sometimes too much.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast