1. Default

Will they ever come back to their roots?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Time goes by, and the day Daft Punk finally returns to House, seems almost impossible, this "Weekend" project, instead of being underground, it seems to be closer to massive commercial music.Will they ever work with Mano le Tough? Motor City Drum Ensemble? Floating Points? Tale of Us?I'm begging for at least one single with Woody Mc Bride.

2. Like OscarGT5RB8 likes this post
  3. Default

Re: Will they ever come back to their roots?

I just wish that one day they could just forget about all these big budget albums in top notch studios, and just crack out the ol SP-1200 and Juno 106 at home and make a god damn good sounding house album like Homework, and none of this "Collaborating with other artists" or even if they did have to collaborate, at least collaborate with classics like Cassius, DJ Sneak, or better yet, Etienne De Crecy

4. Rep:

that's no bad idea....

5. Like Daft Knight of the Roulé likes this post
  6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Knight of the Roulé View Post
    I just wish that one day they could just forget about all these big budget albums in top notch studios, and just crack out the ol SP-1200 and Juno 106 at home and make a god damn good sounding house album like Homework, and none of this "Collaborating with other artists" or even if they did have to collaborate, at least collaborate with classics like Cassius, DJ Sneak, or better yet, Etienne De Crecy
    NUFF SAID BRUH!

Yeah i think that would be great.

7. Like Daft Knight of the Roulé likes this post
  8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Knight of the Roulé View Post
    I agree 100%. Don't get me wrong, I still really liked RAM, and I'm psyched that were getting new Daft Punk content (and I'm glad they're collaborating with The Weeknd instead of someone like Nicki Minaj, because The Weeknd is actually talented), but if I had to chose between their old and new style, I'd prefer the French House style of music found on Homework and Discovery. The ladder of which being my favorite album of all time. After all, it's the album that got me into Daft Punk and electronic music in general. Regardless, I'm interested to see how this is gonna work. I mean hey, a Daft Punk + Pharrell collab worked well, although I hope this doesn't mean they're going mainstream forever. Perhaps we'll get the best of both worlds.

9. Rep:

They've always made a point in saying every album will be different, despite easy connections one can make with the odd/even albums. It's not likely for them to go back, considering they still go on after fans argue over which album is better, so it's best for them to make a choice they think is best for artistic creativity.

Honestly, as much as I love Homework, it simply can never be recreated. Try as one can, you can't catch lightning in a bottle, which is why Discovery was made. To have more of the same will net you criticism, as many bands have. Plus, it was a different era, so only as nostalgia (and possibly selling out, depending how you look at it) would it have an excuse.

10. Like HUMAN123, DJ_Sam_909, Mr. Hoosteen, Vera95 likes this post
  11. Rep:

They should just start the cycle all over again. So their next album should be a quick, dirty house album. After that they can do a pristine electronic pop one, then a mental rock one etc.

That'd be nice

12. Like Firefly likes this post
  13. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Ptpix1 View Post
    I agree 100%. Don't get me wrong, I still really liked RAM, and I'm psyched that were getting new Daft Punk content (and I'm glad they're collaborating with The Weeknd instead of someone like Nicki Minaj, because The Weeknd is actually talented), but if I had to chose between their old and new style, I'd prefer the French House style of music found on Homework and Discovery. The ladder of which being my favorite album of all time. After all, it's the album that got me into Daft Punk and electronic music in general. Regardless, I'm interested to see how this is gonna work. I mean hey, a Daft Punk + Pharrell collab worked well, although I hope this doesn't mean they're going mainstream forever. Perhaps we'll get the best of both worlds.
    I completely agree with you.

14. Rep:

Make a HAA-type of album with samples taken out of RAM. That would complete the whole cycle and they could easily end making music as Daft Punk. Their history and legacy would be complete.

15. Like DJ_Sam_909 likes this post
  16. Rep:

They
    Never
    Do
    The
    Same
    Thing
    Twice

17. Like HUMAN123, Baconboy, DJ_Sam_909, Ankaph, Firefly likes this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast