Tags:
future funk
  1. Default

Daft Punk/ Future Funk

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I'm recently going through this marvelous music genre called "Future Funk" highly sampled, with catchy melodies, wonderful videoclips, and this nostalgic aura. Many people think Daft Punk has something to do with Future Funk, since they used japanese animations for Interstella 5555, they do sample, and have a special bond with these Far East Empire. This makes sense, anyone that knows Future Funk can notice this relationship, the Discovery era happened ten years before Vaporwave and Future Funk. Daft Punk unconsciously pushed the creation of this new genre? What do you think? I want to believe this is true, the facts tell me it's the truth, but maybe I am missing something that could really help me.

2. Rep:

Re: Daft Punk/ Future Funk

kinda. people think discovery was 2000 thru 2004 but it sorta cut thru the homework era by 2 years. the homework era was 1994 thru 1998. short circuit was made in 1997 as a filler track for the daftendirektour. one more time and too long was made in 1998 so discovery was from 1997 thru 2004. that means discovery wasn't meant to be the robotic japanese vibed french house album with AMVs. it was meant to be a normal house album. about as house as the one i am sitting in right now.

3. Like Mr. Hoosteen likes this post
  4. Rep:

Future Funk is essentially Discovery without the House element, and less complex too in terms of sampling, It's pretty much a wannabe Discovery genre, tho there are some cases where it's done right

5. Rep:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo
    Thomas Bangalter on EDM - "Maybe it's just one guy called Eric David Morris."
    http://www.facebook.com/davidboin95
    https://soundcloud.com/fundave

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Fundave View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo
    This was gonna be my other answer

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DaftWarrior View Post
    marvelous music genre called "Future Funk"
    There is nothing marvelous about Future Funk, in fact, Future Funk is just French House for untalented 13 year old weebs

highly sampled
    They might aswell just speed up the whole funk track and slap a japanese name on it

wonderful videoclips
    Yeah, because looping Anime GIF's is soooooooooooooooooooo wonderful
    I was being sarcastic, in case you did not know

Many people think Daft Punk has something to do with Future Funk
    As my dude Fundave put it:
    I agree 101%

since they used japanese animations for Interstella 5555
    There is a difference between making an animated movie masterpiece, and just lazily finding GIF's from Tumblr and looping them out of tune with the music

the Discovery era happened ten years before Vaporwave and Future Funk
    No Sherlock

Daft Punk unconsciously pushed the creation of this new genre?
    Again

What do you think?
    Absolute bull

I want to believe this is true
    As Mr. Hoosteen put it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hoosteen View Post
    Future Funk is essentially Discovery without the House element, and less complex too in terms of sampling, It's pretty much a wannabe Discovery genre
    So it is 100% not true. Discovery is just French House

but maybe I am missing something
    Yeah, the ability to distinguish between something good and something bad
    Last edited by Daft Knight of the Roulé; 28th Aug 2016 at 20:39. Reason: I Had To Cut Back On The Sarcasm

8. Like OscarGT5RB8, Fundave, That guy, Ankaph likes this post
  9. Rep:

French House without House = Future Funk
    It's pretty simple, Future Funk is for the people who don't get the club culture.

10. Rep:

No.

11. Rep:

Don't make me mad, one thing is saying "no" as the other ones, but just because your life is bull you don't have to make all that drama.