Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    14,974
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    Re: Dear Spud...

    Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by piroteki View Post
    i've spoken with Spud in the past about handing the reigns over, but he was reluctant at that point, and i don't think that's likely to have changed. to be honest, no one on the mod team atm (or at least as far as i'm aware) has the experience and knowledge to handle the backend of things. i do agree that the absenteeism of Spud isn't a great thing, but thus far it's at least been manageable to some degree. since he's recently started a family, i don't expect him to have free time now more compared with before, unfortunately... a lot of the coding and stuff is even beyond our influence. we just have access to a mod control panel to do some things.

    as for the chat, we've had a long history of using unofficial chats. the official chat was only around for a very brief period, and even after that went away, we still did lots of video and voice chats off-site. if people really want chats, as far as i'm concerned, you have my blessing to go after the unofficial off-site places, so long as it's not claimed to be official, we should be good.

    sa, have you recently attempted contacting spud? if so, by what means? if enough of us reach out to him, it may result in a temporary reappearance, but idk?
    Thanks Piro.
    I've tried his contact email, messages on this site, and Facebook. So far none have worked.. You don't have control over the Supporter badges, do you? I tried to renew my payment again today and it went through, and is showing on my bank statement app, but no badge is appearing on my profile.

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

  2. Rep:
    ifcwdjd's Avatar
    Posts
    1,339
    Points
    6,880
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Default

    Re: Dear Spud...

    Yeah, the badge is something that Spud has to do manually because I had problems with it not showing up (or it might have been the wrong badge, don't remember exactly) when I first started donating and had to contact him about it. He did eventually fix it, though. I remember you talking about having trouble with yours quite some time ago, it still isn't fixed? Maybe one of the mods can contact Spud about it for you, because it's been a really long time and you should have a badge for donating.

  3. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    14,974
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    Re: Dear Spud...

    Quote Originally Posted by ifcwdjd View Post
    Yeah, the badge is something that Spud has to do manually because I had problems with it not showing up (or it might have been the wrong badge, don't remember exactly) when I first started donating and had to contact him about it. He did eventually fix it, though. I remember you talking about having trouble with yours quite some time ago, it still isn't fixed? Maybe one of the mods can contact Spud about it for you, because it's been a really long time and you should have a badge for donating.
    Yeah :/ I've donated back when the system began, and over the last year. Let's see if Piro can do it..

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

  4. mama p -- admin
    Rep:
    piroteki's Avatar
    Posts
    6,857
    Points
    22,594
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    derpan, apparently lolz
    Default

    Re: Dear Spud...

    Quote Originally Posted by something awesome View Post
    Thanks Piro.
    I've tried his contact email, messages on this site, and Facebook. So far none have worked.. You don't have control over the Supporter badges, do you? I tried to renew my payment again today and it went through, and is showing on my bank statement app, but no badge is appearing on my profile.
    so after i made that last post, i dug around in the admin cp and it looks like i *might* be able to do the thing manually. i've never done it before so idk if it works, but it does look like i have both access and permissions to do it. pm me about deets and what kinda badge you want.

    and for contacting Spud that seems to be the way it goes these days... last time i tried to get him to come back for site related stuff it took quite a few messages to his fb and personal email... i get being busy with irl and family, but it's still kinda frustrating for those of us left tending shop while the boss is away.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

    11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr


  5. Like something awesome likes this post
  6. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    14,974
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    Re: Dear Spud...

    Quote Originally Posted by piroteki View Post
    so after i made that last post, i dug around in the admin cp and it looks like i *might* be able to do the thing manually. i've never done it before so idk if it works, but it does look like i have both access and permissions to do it. pm me about deets and what kinda badge you want.

    and for contacting Spud that seems to be the way it goes these days... last time i tried to get him to come back for site related stuff it took quite a few messages to his fb and personal email... i get being busy with irl and family, but it's still kinda frustrating for those of us left tending shop while the boss is away.
    Thanks so much, I'll PM you now

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

  7. mama p -- admin
    Rep:
    piroteki's Avatar
    Posts
    6,857
    Points
    22,594
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    derpan, apparently lolz
    Default

    Re: Dear Spud...

    ok, so if it's not obvious, i figured out how to do that stuff manually. just posting it all here in case another subscriber who hasn't received their perks comes across this post.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

    11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr


  8. Rep:
    Aero5555's Avatar
    Posts
    3,871
    Points
    10,456
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Default

    Re: Dear Spud...

    Doesn't the sub title below one's username prove you're a supporter? I'm fine with that alone.

    I only see my supporter badge when I'm signed in.

  9. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    14,974
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    Re: Dear Spud...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post
    Doesn't the sub title below one's username prove you're a supporter? I'm fine with that alone.

    I only see my supporter badge when I'm signed in.
    Yours doesn't seem to show up..

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

  10. Rep:
    Aero5555's Avatar
    Posts
    3,871
    Points
    10,456
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Default

    Re: Dear Spud...

    Well then, there you go.

    Not a big deal, but a fix would be appreciated.

  11. Rep:
    ifcwdjd's Avatar
    Posts
    1,339
    Points
    6,880
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Default

    Re: Dear Spud...

    I just started donating again recently and my badge comes and goes. It's there immediately after I post, but when I leave the page and go back to the post, it's gone again. I have the one that's just the Thomas helmet next to the records on the sidebar. There doesn't seem to be any effect on my title, just the donation badge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My Dear (Daft Arts-related)
    By StanV in forum General Music
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1st Jul 2014, 09:39
  2. For attention of Admin people/Spud
    By conkeeling in forum The Site
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th Dec 2011, 19:36