1. Rep:

Dear Spud...

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Please bring back the chat. It was fun and goodtimes and I cry everyday that the chat has been absent from my life.

Thank you for listening.

love Sam x

P.S. I'm serious. Bring it back.
    P.P.S. Pleeeeeease.

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

2. Rep:

Re: Dear Spud...

I wasn't on here when chat was a thing but it looks fun so bring it back.

3. Rep:

Why was it removed to begin with?
    Musical Mod
    "No art is so subject to indiscriminate judgement as music." - Johann Joachim Quantz

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by CherieD'Amoure View Post
    Why was it removed to begin with?
    iirc, I think Spud had to get rid of it during an update due to compatibility issues and just never got round to bringing it back?

Soundcloud

5. Rep:

Dear Spud,

Can you get the whip cracking again for whoever is in charge of the news section? Or hire someone that will actually write? Cheers m8.

One love,

John X

6. Like something awesome likes this post
  7. Rep:

You're not a mod anymore? Surprised you didn't post this on those discussion forums.

The chat was OK but it was a nightmare to mod. Maybe my memory's playing tricks on me, I dunno.

Whatever floats your boat. I'm indifferent about it.

8. Rep:

Dear Spud,

You out there, buddy? Come back to us. We miss you.

Love Sam (and the rest of TDC) x

Soundcloud

9. Like Firefly likes this post
  10. Rep:

Given the creator and only person who can maintain this site if it goes down / is hacked / etc. no longer visits the site or fixes issues or responds to users, should administrative roles that allow this control either be handed on - or should Spud allow this forum mainframe to be moved to a new location with an active support team who are prepared to continue investing time in it? If money via the donations system went to people actually upkeeping the site I'd gladly donate more. There are even issues with the donation system and cards+titles for 'Supporters' still.. I'm meant to be a supporter with a badge right now but Spud has never responded to my requests to have whatever bug is occurring fixed. My money has been transferred for months, though. I don't really mind whether I get the 'supporter' badge and custom title but it feels a bit on the nose that I can't get a reply.

Wee Waa
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

11. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

i've spoken with Spud in the past about handing the reigns over, but he was reluctant at that point, and i don't think that's likely to have changed. to be honest, no one on the mod team atm (or at least as far as i'm aware) has the experience and knowledge to handle the backend of things. i do agree that the absenteeism of Spud isn't a great thing, but thus far it's at least been manageable to some degree. since he's recently started a family, i don't expect him to have free time now more compared with before, unfortunately... a lot of the coding and stuff is even beyond our influence. we just have access to a mod control panel to do some things.

as for the chat, we've had a long history of using unofficial chats. the official chat was only around for a very brief period, and even after that went away, we still did lots of video and voice chats off-site. if people really want chats, as far as i'm concerned, you have my blessing to go after the unofficial off-site places, so long as it's not claimed to be official, we should be good.

sa, have you recently attempted contacting spud? if so, by what means? if enough of us reach out to him, it may result in a temporary reappearance, but idk?
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

12. Like something awesome likes this post
  13. 🐓
    Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by piroteki View Post
    i've spoken with Spud in the past about handing the reigns over, but he was reluctant at that point, and i don't think that's likely to have changed. to be honest, no one on the mod team atm (or at least as far as i'm aware) has the experience and knowledge to handle the backend of things. i do agree that the absenteeism of Spud isn't a great thing, but thus far it's at least been manageable to some degree. since he's recently started a family, i don't expect him to have free time now more compared with before, unfortunately... a lot of the coding and stuff is even beyond our influence. we just have access to a mod control panel to do some things.

as for the chat, we've had a long history of using unofficial chats. the official chat was only around for a very brief period, and even after that went away, we still did lots of video and voice chats off-site. if people really want chats, as far as i'm concerned, you have my blessing to go after the unofficial off-site places, so long as it's not claimed to be official, we should be good.

sa, have you recently attempted contacting spud? if so, by what means? if enough of us reach out to him, it may result in a temporary reappearance, but idk?
    I'm not much of an IT admin, but I am willing to volunteer for any code that needs to be written and technical up-keep if the help is ever needed!

14. Like piroteki, something awesome likes this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast