Tags:
homework
  1. Rep:

The 90's Thread

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    A thread for anybody wanting to discuss any music, film, news tv shows, school etc during this decade. My favourite time growing up because was decade I first discovered & fell in love with Daft Punk .

couple of my favourite bands during this era
    Last edited by melrobin; 20th Dec 2016 at 22:45.

2. Like Julikitty likes this post
  3. Rep:

Re: The 90's Thread

Last edited by Julikitty; 21st Dec 2016 at 00:56.
    wer weniger schläft ist länger wach 😬😬

4. Like melrobin likes this post
  5. Rep:

90's rock? Not a fan of most of it. At least the big "alternative" hits.

90's music as a whole though? Some good stuff!

6. Like Conn6orSuper117, DJ_Sam_909, melrobin likes this post
  7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Julikitty View Post
    AAAAW get what you give haven't heard that song in ages
    n yeah love Oasis early stuff Definitely Maybe & What's The Story Morning Glory great albums .

8. Like Julikitty likes this post
  9. Rep:

Can't have 90's without dem Eurodance beats.

Don't hurt me, no mo'.

10. Rep:

11. Like john_marston likes this post
  12. Rep:

Even though I was born in 1983, mostly I grew up in and remember the early to mid 90's. I have really vivid memories of music and TV. On TV I watched endless Nickelodeon, just about every show they had like Ren and Stimpy, Rugrats, Doug, the Adventures of Pete and Pete, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Are You Afraid of the Dark?. Did anyone watch SNICK? I remember when it premiered, I loved that show Roundhouse. Also watched classic Disney channel, they used to show some great movies, like Star Wars. On the networks I liked Power Rangers, Star Trek the Next Generation, Garfield and Friends, Disney Afternoon which had Tale Spin, Darkwing Duck, Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers, Aladdin, and then there was this really low budget Power Rangers ripoff called Tattooed Teenager Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills, haha (I used to watch that every morning before I left for school.) And of course MTV was great back then, too. The Grind, Beavis and Butthead, Daria, Total Request Live, Road Rules, Liquid Television. Yeah, I was a bit of a couch potato.

The music was really good as well. I sort of missed out on the whole grunge thing and wasn't too much of a fan of the alternative stuff either. I was more into rap back then (I used to wear the baggiest pants I could find and wore my backpack low, which is probably why my back sucks now, thanks younger self.) The first 3 CD's I ever bought were Green Day's Dookie, TLC's Crazy Sexy Cool, and Real McCoy's Another Night (I still have them.) I liked a lot of R&B, and then later on I got more into rock and that weird rock/rap hybrid like Limp Bizkit and Korn. But these songs are some of my favorites from the 90's...

I remember riding around with my sister after she got her driver's license in 1994 (she's 5 years older than me) listening to these songs on CD. She didn't have a CD player in the car, so we had this adapter thing where you plugged a Discman into the cigarette lighter for power, and it had another thing that was like a cassette tape with a cord trailing from it that you put into the cassette deck of the car, and that's how you played CDs in the car, haha. Of course her Discman didn't have anti-shock and if you put it on the dash, the CD would skip. So I had to hold it in my lap the whole time. Ah, those were the good old days.

13. Like melrobin, Julikitty likes this post
  14. Rep:

Wow, thanks for the sharing.

15. Like melrobin likes this post
  16. Rep:

I was born in '83, so naturally the 90s was a great decade for me growing up.

What an amazing decade it was for music! Daft Punk announced themselves with their incredible album 'Homework'. Other musicians I love such as Air, Chemical Brothers, and Groove Armada were also making a name for themselves.

Music aside, when I think of the 90s I think of my childhood friends - hours and hours spent playing 'kerbies' during the summer holidays in my old cul-de-sac. Playing for the school rugby, football and cricket teams. Playing all the Sonic the Hedgehog games on the Sega Megadrive - completing all the special levels to become Supersonic! I absolutely loved Lego when I was a kid, the Technic sets were brilliant!

When I think of the 90s I also think of what I wanted to be when I grew up - at the time I wanted to be either a meteorologist or a cartographer (I went on to study geography in uni in the 00s).

TV/films were amazing in the 90s. My favourite actor, Tom Hanks, was in some of his best movies in this decade - Forrest Gump, Sleepless In Seattle, among many others. Then there's other films such as Dumb n' Dumber, Jurassic Park, Scream, The Mask, Lion King, Mrs Doubtfire. In the UK, we had kids' programs such as Count Duckula, Knightmare, Fun House, Art Attack, combined with more global programs such as Ren & Stimpy, Beavis & Butt-head, The Simpsons, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Kenan & Kel, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life.

The 90s really was a special time to be a kid

17. Like melrobin likes this post
  18. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by AYFX View Post
    I was born in '83, so naturally the 90s was a great decade for me growing up.

What an amazing decade it was for music! Daft Punk announced themselves with their incredible album 'Homework'. Other musicians I love such as Air, Chemical Brothers, and Groove Armada were also making a name for themselves.

Music aside, when I think of the 90s I think of my childhood friends - hours and hours spent playing 'kerbies' during the summer holidays in my old cul-de-sac. Playing for the school rugby, football and cricket teams. Playing all the Sonic the Hedgehog games on the Sega Megadrive - completing all the special levels to become Supersonic! I absolutely loved Lego when I was a kid, the Technic sets were brilliant!

When I think of the 90s I also think of what I wanted to be when I grew up - at the time I wanted to be either a meteorologist or a cartographer (I went on to study geography in uni in the 00s).

TV/films were amazing in the 90s. My favourite actor, Tom Hanks, was in some of his best movies in this decade - Forrest Gump, Sleepless In Seattle, among many others. Then there's other films such as Dumb n' Dumber, Jurassic Park, Scream, The Mask, Lion King, Mrs Doubtfire. In the UK, we had kids' programs such as Count Duckula, Knightmare, Fun House, Art Attack, combined with more global programs such as Ren & Stimpy, Beavis & Butt-head, The Simpsons, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Kenan & Kel, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life.

The 90s really was a special time to be a kid
    Aaaaw cool you like a lot of the tv shows I did growing up in that decade Fun house, Art Attack & Count Duckula I loved as a child. Tom Hanks is one of my favourite actors He's fantastic in Forest Gump. Although Only Fools & Horses was around before the 90's I really loved the episodes they did in the 90's.

& yeah I remember when Daft Punk brought out Homework for first time was blown away when heard the album for the first time. Air, Groove Armada & Chemical brothers I love too The Prodidgy as well & fatboy Slim 'Fat Of Land' & 'You've Come A Long Way Baby' are brilliant albums .

God yeah I remember Sonic the Hedgehog also remember Donkey Kong & Super Mario Bros as well lol those were the days .
    Last edited by melrobin; 14th Apr 2017 at 19:50.

19. Like AYFX likes this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast