Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. Rep:
    Aero5555's Avatar
    Posts
    3,871
    Points
    10,456
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Default

    Re: Theory on Electroma and its failure

    Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddingCat View Post

    1.I was trying to defend you because I agreed, it was your opinion on a film and people shouldn't be getting mad over what someone thinks of a movie.

    2. You're saying it as if the movie being crap is a fact.

    1. I read the sentence three times to try and understand who is this person you believe I'm getting mad over their opinion. I'm talking about how the duo pad the reception of Electroma. They realize it sucks to the majority, they shouldn't sugarcoat it. Just say it is what it is and stop trying to analyze subjective opinions on it. Including my own.

    2. I'm sorry, but where did I state my opinion as fact? I said "They can do whatever they want." and how it's regretful they went in that direction, atleast to me. Ergo, I'm stating it's subjective.

    And my adminship history on here is also irrelevant. I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Lemme emphasize that I'm not angry at anyone, nor am I saying those who like it that they're wrong, as if it's scientific. I'm just contributing my subjective opinion. I don't care if you agree with it or not, nor will I try shoot down any praise for it.

    Have a good weekend.

  2. Rep:
    PuddingCat's Avatar
    Posts
    1,732
    Points
    6,381
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis, USA
    Default

    Re: Theory on Electroma and its failure

    Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post
    I'm talking about how the duo pad the reception of Electroma. They realize it sucks to the majority, they shouldn't sugarcoat it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post
    I said "They can do whatever they want."
    If you realize this, then why can't you leave it at "I didn't like the movie" instead of going on about how Daft Punk shouldn't have sugarcoated it, even though you acknowledge that they can do whatever they want?

    Oookay then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post
    I'm sorry, but where did I state my opinion as fact?
    Sure, I misinterpeted this.

    I more have a problem with your snappy attitudes towards the people who have differing opinions. You're telling Firefly to get over it and that it's an opinion, but to be fair, he was just stating his. No one's saying you can't trash the movie, people are going to disagree and state why they disagree, but what do you expect on a DAFT PUNK forum? Christ.

    I meant that your attitude towards others who disagree is rather, well, obnoxious. Having someone say three words (I repeat, THREE WORDS) and then acting like this person is confronting you and getting all bitter? In your words, "It's an opinion".

    Insert the dreaded "H-word" here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post
    And my adminship history on here is also irrelevant.
    I brought that up because someone who has administrative history on this site should know better than to stir the pot.

    And by that I don't mean expressing an unpopular opinion, but getting defensive like that. Especially over something like your opinion. Yes, people should understand that an opinion should be respected, but that doesn't mean you're safe from any criticism from holding that belief.

    That settles it. You have a good weekend as well, buddy.

    Last edited by PuddingCat; 6th Jan 2017 at 04:42.


  3. Rep:
    Aero5555's Avatar
    Posts
    3,871
    Points
    10,456
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Default

    Re: Theory on Electroma and its failure

    I swear to God I have no idea what your problem with me is. I have nothing against Firefly (nor anyone else), and it's plainly obvious I don't (neither personally nor about his opinion). All I'm saying is that he shouldn't take the internet seriously. Case closed.

    Assume I cussed him over his view on the movie (which I didn't), I still think it's a waste of time to counter said cuss with whatever it is he wants to counter it with. What will that do? Congratulations, you've served a wall of text diss? It's the internet. Ignore.

    About the duo, I am one of the oldest members on here. And my credentials as admin add to that. I assume people would want some elaboration on why diehard fans (which I am), especially TDC vets, would not like the movie. I'm here to dissect the duo's work and state my own subjective views on it (it is a Daft Punk forum, as you said), not make grudges and fight with usernames because of words on a screen.

    What attitude? Please read the first paragraph of this post again.

    I'm gonna go on a limb here (and probably come off as a patronizer) and say it looks to me like you're pissed about me poking fun at the duo's own views on the movie, nothing else. My apologies if I'm wrong.

    (If you have anything more to add, I'd be happy to read it. However, please do so on a PM. Thanks.)

    P.S. No text typed by myself was meant to be sarcastic whatsoever. Especially the "good weekend" bit.

  4. mama p -- admin
    Rep:
    piroteki's Avatar
    Posts
    6,857
    Points
    22,594
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    derpan, apparently lolz
    Default

    Re: Theory on Electroma and its failure

    Aero, please stop stirring the pot. i didn't really want to say anything, but most of this thread seems to have become an argument and several members have expressed discomfort about your comments in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post
    I am one of the oldest members on here. And my credentials as admin add to that. I assume people would want some elaboration on why diehard fans (which I am), especially TDC vets, would not like the movie. I'm here to dissect the duo's work and state my own subjective views on it (it is a Daft Punk forum, as you said), not make grudges and fight with usernames because of words on a screen.
    length of membership or former mod status doesn't make your opinions or statements more right or valid than anyone else's. it's not a competition about who is or is not more of a "die-hard fan." if we want to get into that, i'm now probably the oldest (active) member and admin here, but i'm not claiming i'm more of a fan than anyone else, if anything, i've lapsed in my fandom as the years have gone by. even though i'm not a massive fan of Electroma, like i stated earlier, i still appreciate things about it, especially after being reminded by some of the positive comments about it here.

    i've noticed that you've said a few times that posts are "just words on a screen," but it also seems that these tense discussions are due in part to your posts being read as antagonistic to others.

    others may have mistaken your tone, but it's very easy for people to misread tone with only text to go off of, especially when someone uses somewhat strong words and definitive statements. please take an objective look at the posts in this thread and consider that.

    lastly, please remember that we're not just talking with "usernames," but with other people and that words do have real impact on others.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

    11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr


  5. Rep:
    Aero5555's Avatar
    Posts
    3,871
    Points
    10,456
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Default

    Re: Theory on Electroma and its failure

    Stirring the pot.... Where exactly? Please help me understand what is going on.

    Nobody is claiming anything. Nor is it a competition. My point stands. Please stop putting meanings on my posts that aren't there.

    Antagonistic? Who am I attacking? The duo? Are they saints or something? I stated my case and left it at that. I could reply to Firefly's statement about me lecturing him by saying: "Dude, what are you on about? I'm not lecturing". But that would be turning the thread argumentative and that would also be me turning defensive. The fact that I ignored his comment proves I'm not here for such things.

    Words have impact if addressed personally to a certain person, especially in an attacking manner. I did no such thing. Don't "whoa there buddy" me and then say I'm the one antagonizing or being argumentative.

    I addressed my opinion of Electroma to no one. I'm just stating my thoughts on the movie. Please, Pudding. Tell me where did I disagree with and belittle Flyfire's opinion of the movie. Where is the attitude? Do you feel that my words on the forum being nothing more than a venue for addressing opinions without personal connections are harsh? Do you disagree with that view? If so, then I'm sorry. OK? (Please reply to these questions on a PM only, if you want.)

    If I was just another user I'd have not defended my case. But being the TDC vet I am, I refuse to have my rep and historical contributions to this forum be overshadowed by statements and accusations that are unfounded. Thank you for your time. I rest my case

  6. Rep:
    mezchez's Avatar
    Posts
    43
    Points
    314
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Default

    Re: Theory on Electroma and its failure

    Gotta love it when a thread on a daft punk forum turns into world war three
    [Insert "[Insert Signature Here]" Signature Here]

  7. Like That guy, something awesome likes this post
  8. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    14,974
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    Re: Theory on Electroma and its failure

    Quote Originally Posted by mezchez View Post
    Gotta love it when a thread on a daft punk forum turns into world war three
    Hopefully a few more good Freds like this to tide us over till the 2024 pub tour

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

  9. Like Firefly likes this post
  10. Rep:
    Firefly's Avatar
    Posts
    441
    Points
    1,532
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Poland, Gdańsk
    Default

    Re: Theory on Electroma and its failure

    I want to add that I didn't mean to start anything like that at all.
    I just thought that Aero's words like "pure crap" etc about the film movie were very strong and my first post was a reaction to this and the first thing that came to my mind. That's all, please stop making a big deal out of this :C


  11. Like piroteki likes this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Pic Upload failure
    By NiteShade in forum The Site
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22nd Feb 2009, 20:59
  2. Auteur Theory
    By Daft.Mole in forum Your Music
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 22nd May 2007, 02:00