1. Default

Re: Daft Punk back on Soma?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Are the pics blurry for everyone else, or is it just me? I'll just go with the former. You're right, OP, the new image does bear a resemblance to the picture of the "Drive" DAT. But that might just be a coincidence. It looks like they've posted this image a few times already (numbered 1 through 5,) so unless they're all Daft Punk songs, I think it's more likely they're teasing a release of a lot of different material.

I think if they were going to release something by Daft Punk, they'd just come out and say it rather than post a vague, blurry image. The promise of new/old DP songs would generate a lot more attention and hype. Although it's totally possible that they could release something by DP because they probably have more material lurking around their offices. Time will tell. Thank you for sharing this

2. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by ifcwdjd View Post
    Are the pics blurry for everyone else, or is it just me? I'll just go with the former. You're right, OP, the new image does bear a resemblance to the picture of the "Drive" DAT. But that might just be a coincidence. It looks like they've posted this image a few times already (numbered 1 through 5,) so unless they're all Daft Punk songs, I think it's more likely they're teasing a release of a lot of different material.

I think if they were going to release something by Daft Punk, they'd just come out and say it rather than post a vague, blurry image. The promise of new/old DP songs would generate a lot more attention and hype. Although it's totally possible that they could release something by DP because they probably have more material lurking around their offices. Time will tell. Thank you for sharing this
    Couldn't agree more here. Fingers crossed. I doubt it's actually 5 different dats but instead just one (with different filters on)...we're at picture 4(5)....one more to go!

3. Rep:

is it just me or does the link not work (anymore)?
    Thomas Bangalter on EDM - "Maybe it's just one guy called Eric David Morris."
    http://www.facebook.com/davidboin95
    https://soundcloud.com/fundave

4. Rep:

Complex, you're a Soma volunteer assigned to spread the message on Daft forums and make that FB post viral, aren't you?

5. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post
    Complex, you're a Soma volunteer assigned to spread the message on Daft forums and make that FB post viral, aren't you?
    Sure, I actually own Soma.... ��

6. Rep:

I have a theory about this....It may be stretching but if it happens, i want to be the one to call it.
    I will elaborate in a second when I get a chance.

EDIT: It's obviously leading up to a big scale announcement of some kind with a different tape showing each month slowly becoming more and more clear.

It's also implying the announcement will be #5 (5th studio album?). Should be announced in February. Daft Punk's website changed in February (shortly after I joined here coincidentally) to the cover art.

This year is also the 25th anniversary of Soma and it says to expect "big releases from big names" in the coming year until August 2016. If Daft Punk were wanting to do the opposite of RAM, they would go small scale to their previous record company to do a house album that they could also publish on TIDAL. It would also confirm the rumors going around of them working on a house album.

Just a fan thinking out loud.
    Last edited by Baconboy; 14th Jan 2017 at 02:57.

Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

7. Like That guy likes this post
  8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Baconboy View Post
    I have a theory about this....It may be stretching but if it happens, i want to be the one to call it.
    I will elaborate in a second when I get a chance.

EDIT: It's obviously leading up to a big scale announcement of some kind with a different tape showing each month slowly becoming more and more clear.

It's also implying the announcement will be #5 (5th studio album?). Should be announced in February. Daft Punk's website changed in February (shortly after I joined here coincidentally) to the cover art.

This year is also the 25th anniversary of Soma and it says to expect "big releases from big names" in the coming year until August 2016. If Daft Punk were wanting to do the opposite of RAM, they would go small scale to their previous record company to do a house album that they could also publish on TIDAL. It would also confirm the rumors going around of them working on a house album.

Just a fan thinking out loud.
    Yea Paul Johnson said that Daft Punk is making a house album a couple of years ago after RAM so....

9. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllComplex View Post
    Sure, I actually own Soma.... ��
    Lol, Soma actually has their own account here on TDC, but I think it's been some time since they've posted. They made an announcement about Drive when it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconboy View Post
    That's a really good catch, Bacon. The first picture is a bit blurrier than the subsequent pictures, so you could be right, that they'll make it progressively less blurry until the reveal.

Still can't tell if it's Daft Punk, but there's always hope that it is.

10. Rep:

We'll find out in February when "5/5" is posted and we'll know whether to abandon hope or not.

Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

11. Rep:

Please no, please no, please no... There was too many derailed hype trains in my life these past few years. Baconboy why you do this?

12. Like Baconboy likes this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast