1. Rep:

Re: Daft Punk back on Soma?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I mean, look at it this way man, at least when I post theories and stuff, I have evidence to back up my thinking. I'd rather get slightly hyped over a plausible idea than freak out when someone makes a fake Alive 2017 video on YouTube. I know I am most probably incorrect with my guess, but I feel this is at least worth looking into and not completely deserving to be brushed off.

Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

2. Rep:

Complex disappeared and the countdown is done (I think?).

Yuuuuuuuupppp.

3. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post
    Complex disappeared and the countdown is done (I think?).

Yuuuuuuuupppp.
    The countdown isn't done. I literally just said it'd end in February.

And if that dude WAS from Soma and wanted to get people following that post, there's not much wrong with that especially if it becomes something Daft related. There's no harm in speculating as long as we don't get our hopes too high (which i really doubt we're doing).

EDIT: Also, "Drive" dropped when Soma's 20 Year anniversary happened. This is Soma's 25th.

I attempted to mess around with the image for about 6 minutes and they look pretty darn identical. The position of the tape, the color of the background, the position of the sticker, etc. Not only that, but the image is the exact same dimensions. I did no cropping to the image. The only issue is that I used one that said facebook.com/somarecords and one that is partially off center compared ot the original and that causes an extra minor blur in the middle of the image. One is also more blurred, but I didn't know how to match it exactly and this took me like 5 mins.

Last edited by Baconboy; 16th Jan 2017 at 07:50.

4. Like ItsAllComplex, ifcwdjd likes this post
  5. Rep:

All the above looks so credible! Nice one pal! I wish was good with Photoshop! I've got the same gut feeling too: they are defo rolling Soma25 in full swing since more remixes are coming out, celebrating its 25th.

6. Like Baconboy likes this post
  7. Rep:

I didn't realize this but a second track around the same time as "Drive" was found by Soma and confirmed on here to exist. The robots chose to have "Drive" released over the second track for Soma's 20th Anniversary. We may be getting that second track for Soma's 25th Anniversary. This is all a guessing game and such, but there's more evidence behind this the more I look into it. Still not getting hyped, but we can hope.

http://www.thedaftclub.com/forum/sho...l=1#post439002

8. Like ItsAllComplex likes this post
  9. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllComplex View Post
    All the above looks so credible! Nice one pal! I wish was good with Photoshop! I've got the same gut feeling too: they are defo rolling Soma25 in full swing since more remixes are coming out, celebrating its 25th.
    Okay so are you from Soma? Yes or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconboy View Post
    I didn't realize this but a second track around the same time as "Drive" was found by Soma and confirmed on here to exist. The robots chose to have "Drive" released over the second track for Soma's 20th Anniversary. We may be getting that second track for Soma's 25th Anniversary. This is all a guessing game and such, but there's more evidence behind this the more I look into it. Still not getting hyped, but we can hope.

http://www.thedaftclub.com/forum/sho...l=1#post439002
    Ah yeah, I remember that. Well there's definitely a chance. Drive was a bit meh.. Hopefully this track, if Daft, is listenable..

Wee Waa
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

10. Rep:

Drive's listenable to me. It's unpolished and rough, but I like it enough. It'd be a good way to start off the year if we get a new (old) song from the robots.

And I secretly do hope that guy's from Soma. It'd kind of make sense too since we literally missed the first 3 images and it took him posting the fourth to build up any buzz (similar to how they posted "Drive Unreleased 1994" DAT tape out of context last time before the formal announcement and people kind of missed it) lol. PLUS, the second track was on the same tape, I believe, which would justify the reposting of the image. Let's all cross our fingers....
    Last edited by Baconboy; 16th Jan 2017 at 09:07.

11. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by something awesome View Post
    I took his/her sarcastic remark about owning Soma to mean they weren't affiliated with Soma, haha. It doesn't really matter, Soma's on our side.

Drive's a cool song, I like it a lot. It's kinda in the same vein as Rollin' and Scratchin' which is probably my favorite song of theirs. In fact, I wonder if it might have been a demo or R&S, the same way The New Wave was for Alive.

As far as the other track that Soma found with Drive, I think someone already mentioned the time that Daft Punk did a Da Funk Part 2. There could be other demos as well. I read an interview somewhere where Thomas was talking about he and Guy-Man going up to Scotland just after signing to Soma and working on some songs prior to Da Funk. Unfortunately my brain's so fried from chemo that I can't remember where I read about that anymore.

12. Like ItsAllComplex likes this post
  13. Rep:

I read that some Soma head came over here and mentioned "Drive"? Well, you got the same thing going on here.

However, because the release has nothing to do with unreleased/revealed Daft material, it's resorting to a cryptic method. What makes this obvious to me is how the dude just goes on & on & on about it being Daft, like a bot, no matter what invite he gets from other users to speculate (which, if he researched viral marketing, is not the way to go).

His last post sealed it, it's a Soma thing, not the duo's. They pretty much gave it away there (Soma 25). If there's Daft in it, it's "Drive".

And about my cynicism, it just comes off that way. What Complex is doing is part of my job, and I've been doing it for 7+ years.

Congrats on 25, Soma.

14. Like ItsAllComplex likes this post
  15. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by something awesome View Post

Ah yeah, I remember that. Well there's definitely a chance. Drive was a bit meh.. Hopefully this track, if Daft, is listenable..
    No, I'm not from Soma. I'm just a fan of Daft Punk.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast