1. Rep:

Re: Daft Punk back on Soma?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post
    I read that some Soma head came over here and mentioned "Drive"? Well, you got the same thing going on here.

However, because the release has nothing to do with unreleased/revealed Daft material, it's resorting to a cryptic method. What makes this obvious to me is how the dude just goes on & on & on about it being Daft, like a bot, no matter what invite he gets from other users to speculate (which, if he researched viral marketing, is not the way to go).

His last post sealed it, it's a Soma thing, not the duo's. They pretty much gave it away there (Soma 25). If there's Daft in it, it's "Drive".

And about my cynicism, it just comes off that way. What Complex is doing is part of my job, and I've been doing it for 7+ years.

Congrats on 25, Soma.

I don't go on & on....I just like to think that there's more of that DAT found 6 years ago. Then if it's something else, well...I'll give it a listen regardless.

I understand your cynicism and, in a certain extended, I feel the same but I doubt I know that much about viral marketing as I'm too young for that.

Oh and congrats to Soma for being 25!
    Last edited by ItsAllComplex; 16th Jan 2017 at 17:00.

2. Like CherieD'Amoure, ifcwdjd likes this post
  3. Rep:

I read that some Soma head came over here and mentioned "Drive"? Well, you got the same thing going on here.

However, because the release has nothing to do with unreleased/revealed Daft material, it's resorting to a cryptic method. What makes this obvious to me is how the dude just goes on & on & on about it being Daft, like a bot, no matter what invite he gets from other users to speculate (which, if he researched viral marketing, is not the way to go).

His last post sealed it, it's a Soma thing, not the duo's. They pretty much gave it away there (Soma 25). If there's Daft in it, it's "Drive".

And about my cynicism, it just comes off that way. What Complex is doing is part of my job, and I've been doing it for 7+ years.

Congrats on 25, Soma.
    Soma didn't come over here until after cryptic posts were already made. I just posted about the evidence that we have that this could be a Daft release albeit a small one, so you writing it off saying it "has nothing to do" with the robots when you know nothing about the release just comes off as ignorant. The countdown isn't over, and this could easily be a Daft release for Soma 25. After several posts showing we shouldn't brush this aside, you brushing it aside just comes off as pessimistic and petty. This isn't some Alive 2017 fake announcement. It's speculation with some actual thought put into it. We know fully well we could be incorrect, but there's also a chance we're on to something (which could have easily been Complex's point in posting if he's with Soma, which he very well may not be).

tl;dr Let's see what happens and stop writing off theories and entire members trying to make it seem like you know exactly what's happening. Let the speculation occur when you have just as little evidence as the other guy.

Sorry, it just seemed rude to Complex to write him off completely multiple times and the others here by acting like you have all the facts.

EDIT: Soma also has been doing a series for its 25th of remixes of it's back catalog. So this may (which would be severely disappointing) be a remix EP of Drive of some kind. Still hoping that's not the case.
    Last edited by Baconboy; 17th Jan 2017 at 09:44.

Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

4. Like CherieD'Amoure, Fundave, ifcwdjd, Firefly likes this post
  5. Rep:

5/5 : SLAM remixing Drive....If Thomas and Guy approve, so I do!

https://www.facebook.com/SLAM.soma/p...type=3&theater

6. Like ifcwdjd, That guy, Julikitty likes this post
  7. Rep:

What do you know? You guys were totally right about this one. I'm a little disappointed that it isn't a new song though. Daft Punk remixes have been either really good or really bad (the entirety of the Daft Club album, hint hint,) so this could go either way.

8. Like something awesome, Baconboy likes this post
  9. Rep:

Lol is it too late to say I told you so? (Although, I honestly still wish that we got the other Daft Punk track on that tape....)

10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Baconboy View Post
    Lol is it too late to say I told you so? (Although, I honestly still wish that we got the other Daft Punk track on that tape....)
    Haha, it's just been toooo long since any speculation turned out to be true. Still holding out hope that we'll see some more rare, early tracks in future releases.

11. Rep:

The "Slam Remix" label looks photoshop'd, meaning it's a recent remix. Maybe done a few weeks or months back.

Quote Originally Posted by ifcwdjd View Post
    Still holding out hope that we'll see some more rare, early tracks in future releases.
    I'll go on a limb here and say they either don't exist (the duo never submitted a recording of it) or is lost.
    Last edited by Aero5555; 19th Jan 2017 at 06:17.

12. Rep:

I'll go on a limb here and say they either don't exist (the duo never submitted a recording of it) or is lost.

Dude, I posted not even that far back that Soma confirmed they have at least one more track that came with "Drive" and the robots preferred Soma release "Drive." So at least one of them obviously exists and could still be released...? (although it's unlikely as to when)

13. Like something awesome likes this post
  14. Rep:

Please source me to the bit where the duo had to approve "Drive" for release. First I've heard of this.

15. Rep:

The "Slam Remix" label looks photoshop'd, meaning it's a recent remix. Maybe done a few weeks or months back.

YES, It's a contemporary remix of SLAM.
    YES, There's another unreleased track from the boys on that original DAT
    YES, the boys approved SLAM's remix.

Release date: 31/03/17

16. Like Baconboy, ifcwdjd, Firefly likes this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast